ADVERTISEMENT

@Colorado, Rappers giving motivational speeches now.

wsudefense

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2006
Colorado had plenty of star power at sold-out Folsom Field, with some of familiar names in the world of sports and entertainment showed up Saturday. Among the guests in the house were NBA standouts Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, along with pitcher CC Sabathia, receivers DeSean Jackson and Michael Westbrook, and rapper DaBaby.

DaBaby figured heavily into the weekend as he gave a motivational speech the night before the game and led the team onto the field by high-stepping along the sideline.

It’s not my cup of tea with all the hoopla, but they have talent and they play hard. And they’re gonna win 3-4 more games this year. It’s working, like it or not.

Can we invite Drake,Snoop and all the baby rappers ,Bali baby, Sada Baby, Lil Baby, test tube baby, someone’s baby to our side lines and add 50 cent

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
I mean, when your "coaching" consists entirely of "you're not trying hard enough" after a loss...
They’ve got 7 games left. They just played their toughest two games back to back. Both without their best player. True they got rocked in one of them but they went punch for punch with SC. They can win ANY of their final 7 games. Stanfords a gimme. Worst case they go 3-3 in their other 6 imo. And yes they can beat us if we don’t bring our A game.

I didn’t have them winning 7 games this year. Figured 3-4 like Leach in his first year in a similar situation. Sanders is ahead of schedule. I’m not a fan of his but isn’t it time to call a spade a spade and admit he’s executing his plan?

They’ve got 7 games left. They just played their toughest two games back to back. Both without their best player. True they got rocked in one of them but they went punch for punch with SC. They can win ANY of their final 7 games. Stanfords a gimme. Worst case they go 3-3 in their other 6 imo. And yes they can beat us if we don’t bring our A game.

I didn’t have them winning 7 games this year. Figured 3-4 like Leach in his first year in a similar situation. Sanders is ahead of schedule. I’m not a fan of his but isn’t it time to call a spade a spade and admit he’s executing his plan?

Colorado is ahead of where people expected them, but the fact remains that they are one CSU first down from being 2-3 instead of 3-2. They were lucky to take on a gutted TCU team in week one. The Buffs are literally two plays from 1-4 right now. They've shown guts and determination at times and deserve credit for where they are, but we've all seen WSU teams start out 3-2 and finish 4-8 or 5-7 once they get to the grind of conference play.

If Colorado beats ASU next week, they will probably get to a bowl game. If they lose to ASU, it's going to get rough in the second half of their season.

The true frosh receiver m they put on the field in the 2nd half gave SC fits. Their line is awful, but get Hunter back and they do have weapons.

Agree with Flat, they already are into depth especially in the secondary. What does it look like in November? That’s what will tell their tale.

Deons excuse for losing is all on the haters. You haters stop it

It was 48-21 with SC driving to make it 55-21… ended up missing the field goal. His team was never in it. 3 buckets in garbage time don’t mean it was close. CU was overmatched from the start.

He has a team of other teams backups and malcontents. What happens when $$$ talks and bullshit walks in recruiting? How deep are the CU nil dollars when it comes time to bid against Texas or Oklahoma oil $$$?

I have more respect for Sanders as a coach than I thought I would, even aside from the better-than-expected results thus far. Yeah, rappers speaking to the team, talking about Maybachs, and all that other shit isn't for me or most of us. That said, I admire how he largely tells it like it is, and how he gives real information in interviews, even when heading into the locker room at halftime. He's largely a figurehead but that doesn't matter if you hire and manage the right lieutenants, keep them happy, keep players' respect, and keep bringing in the talent. Also, while I haven't looked that hard, it seems like much of his approach is premised on hard work, not just on trying to collect talent and out-athleting teams while being his players' buddies.

I agree with the takes that they'll win at least a few more games this year. They're going to be even more loaded next year, too, after another year of him overhauling that roster. Based on what I've heard, and just based on common sense, he really will have kids lining up to play for him this coming year, even if it was overhyped a little in that regard this past year. Of course, those guys will then probably get left behind when he moves on in a couple years, but he's still going to get a lot more talent this offseason.

Colorado is ahead of where people expected them, but the fact remains that they are one CSU first down from being 2-3 instead of 3-2. They were lucky to take on a gutted TCU team in week one. The Buffs are literally two plays from 1-4 right now. They've shown guts and determination at times and deserve credit for where they are, but we've all seen WSU teams start out 3-2 and finish 4-8 or 5-7 once they get to the grind of conference play.

If Colorado beats ASU next week, they will probably get to a bowl game. If they lose to ASU, it's going to get rough in the second half of their season.
I also see them getting 3-4 more wins. Zona, Furd, and maybe ASU. They can get one more out of WSU, OSU, UCLA, and Utah.

Reactions: Coug90
It was 48-21 with SC driving to make it 55-21… ended up missing the field goal. His team was never in it. 3 buckets in garbage time don’t mean it was close. CU was overmatched from the start.

He has a team of other teams backups and malcontents. What happens when $$$ talks and bullshit walks in recruiting? How deep are the CU nil dollars when it comes time to bid against Texas or Oklahoma oil $$$?
I don't think they're going to be serious players for the truly elite kind of talent who typically would go play for a traditional blue blood. They might get a few of these guys -- there's a certain "type" he is going to be able to attract -- but they're not going toe-to-toe with Kirby, Saban, etc. on a routine basis. I suspect he can bump it up to top-20ish kind of talent levels next year, though.

I don't think they're going to be serious players for the truly elite kind of talent who typically would go play for a traditional blue blood. They might get a few of these guys -- there's a certain "type" he is going to be able to attract -- but they're not going toe-to-toe with Kirby, Saban, etc. on a routine basis. I suspect he can bump it up to top-20ish kind of talent levels next year, though.
Pretty sure they already have. Thought they flipped a couple of kids from tOSU and another. Travis Hunter can play anywhere. Recruiting isn’t going to be a problem for him. Freshman came in and torched USC for 200 yards receiving. They are just gonna get better. Their schedule is going to soften next year too. I get why people don’t like them but if you are analyzing from a strictly football perspective and leaving your emotions out of it, I don’t see how you bet against him with what we’ve seen so far.

I also see them getting 3-4 more wins. Zona, Furd, and maybe ASU. They can get one more out of WSU, OSU, UCLA, and Utah.

UCLA, FIXED, CORRECTED. WSU, OSU, Utah are BLOODY DAM LIKELY TOO HARD, GOOD FOR CU TO LIKELY BEAT ONE OF THEM.

IF IF UTAH does NOT get CAM RISING BACK, then can add Utah to UCLA as being a likely beatable team for CU.

Pretty sure they already have. Thought they flipped a couple of kids from tOSU and another. Travis Hunter can play anywhere. Recruiting isn’t going to be a problem for him. Freshman came in and torched USC for 200 yards receiving. They are just gonna get better. Their schedule is going to soften next year too. I get why people don’t like them but if you are analyzing from a strictly football perspective and leaving your emotions out of it, I don’t see how you bet against him with what we’ve seen so far.

MOST OF THE YARDS, POINTS, ETC, CU PUT UP ON USC, WAS AGAINST THEIR 2ND, 3RD, 4TH STRINGERS IN GARBAGE TIME, AFTER USC WAS UP, CRUISING, 48 TO 21, AND LIKE THE PAUL WULF GAME, TOOK THEIR FOOT OFF THE GAS PEDAL.

MOST OF THE YARDS, POINTS, ETC, CU PUT UP ON USC, WAS AGAINST THEIR 2ND, 3RD, 4TH STRINGERS IN GARBAGE TIME, AFTER USC WAS UP, CRUISING, 48 TO 21, AND LIKE THE PAUL WULF GAME, TOOK THEIR FOOT OFF THE GAS PEDAL.
Sorry mik hate to break it to you, while USC built a good lead in the first half they weren’t doing mass subs of second stringers. And there wasn’t a third or fourth stringer that stepped on the field. 4th stringers don’t even travel they can only travel 60 guys.

They are young and they have holes yes. They also have good talent at key positions and they play hard. Go ahead and bookmark this if you want. I’ll be happy to eat crow if I’m wrong.

Colorado had plenty of star power at sold-out Folsom Field, with some of familiar names in the world of sports and entertainment showed up Saturday. Among the guests in the house were NBA standouts Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, along with pitcher CC Sabathia, receivers DeSean Jackson and Michael Westbrook, and rapper DaBaby.

DaBaby figured heavily into the weekend as he gave a motivational speech the night before the game and led the team onto the field by high-stepping along the sideline.

Lol. Hangers on and posers out in force for CU. Now they just need some chimps and midgets and the circus will be complete.

Reactions: BiggsCoug

It will be interesting to see if their schedule is a lot softer next year or not. Cincinnati was pretty damned good before Fickell left. Can they regain that mojo? Houston beat Auburn in a bowl game a couple years ago. BYU looked like they were getting things in line a couple years ago before regressing. KSU is always tough. O-State is in a slump but Gundy's had a pretty solid program for a while. TCU is going to be fine. I guarantee that CU wouldn't want to play them by the end of the season. Baylor is schizo but they are dangerous in any given year. Leipold has a good thing going at KU.

Long story short, the Big 12 lacks "elite" teams, but it's filled with good teams most years. In many ways, the Big 12 is going to resemble what the Pac-12 has looked like. Plenty of 7-9 win teams, maybe someone who can get to 10 wins, but nobody that's going to beat Georgia. Colorado finished 13-23 in their last three seasons in the Big 12 so it's not like they are heading back to a conference that they used to dominate.

Sanders should be able to get them to the upper range of the conference in terms of talent, but I suspect that he's going to find the Big 12 to be tougher than some people think. It should be easier than the onslaught that they face this year though.

It will be interesting to see if their schedule is a lot softer next year or not. Cincinnati was pretty damned good before Fickell left. Can they regain that mojo? Houston beat Auburn in a bowl game a couple years ago. BYU looked like they were getting things in line a couple years ago before regressing. KSU is always tough. O-State is in a slump but Gundy's had a pretty solid program for a while. TCU is going to be fine. I guarantee that CU wouldn't want to play them by the end of the season. Baylor is schizo but they are dangerous in any given year. Leipold has a good thing going at KU.

Long story short, the Big 12 lacks "elite" teams, but it's filled with good teams most years. In many ways, the Big 12 is going to resemble what the Pac-12 has looked like. Plenty of 7-9 win teams, maybe someone who can get to 10 wins, but nobody that's going to beat Georgia. Colorado finished 13-23 in their last three seasons in the Big 12 so it's not like they are heading back to a conference that they used to dominate.

Sanders should be able to get them to the upper range of the conference in terms of talent, but I suspect that he's going to find the Big 12 to be tougher than some people think. It should be easier than the onslaught that they face this year though.
Who knows what next year brings but the big 12 sucks this year compared to the Pac-12. With OU and TX gone, Utah is probably your preseason favorite by far and they are looking like the 6th best team in the Pac-12 this year.

Who knows what next year brings but the big 12 sucks this year compared to the Pac-12. With OU and TX gone, Utah is probably your preseason favorite by far and they are looking like the 6th best team in the Pac-12 this year.

The one thing that we know is that college football changes every year. I'll say that I'm glad that we don't play Utah this year. We've lost four straight to them and with our luck, Rising would be healthy for our game. The Sanders experiment will be interesting next year without a doubt....and the WWE environment of ESPN and Fox will love it.

Reactions: 425cougfan
The one thing that we know is that college football changes every year. I'll say that I'm glad that we don't play Utah this year. We've lost four straight to them and with our luck, Rising would be healthy for our game. The Sanders experiment will be interesting next year without a doubt....and the WWE environment of ESPN and Fox will love it.
Yeah, as bad as Utah looked against the Beavs, it's probably an entirely different game if Rising is healthy and playing at his usual level. Utah just couldn't do anything offensively. That's not to excuse Whittingham or the team, but just to echo Flat's point. Utah is going to look a lot better when/if Rising comes back, and I'm glad we don't play them this year.

Freeman is an activist, not a columnist. He writes vitriolic hit pieces about anything that doesn't align with his world view, and that's pretty much it.
Perhaps, but is he wrong here? Deions got all sorts of celebrities to choose from, can’t he put someone in front of these 18 year olds who hasn’t been a POS? I get the message, but I don’t think this is the guy you should have delivering it.

Freeman is an activist, not a columnist. He writes vitriolic hit pieces about anything that doesn't align with his world view, and that's pretty much it.
I don’t care but what made me chuckle was the video. Did you watch it and I have no clue what he said

Perhaps, but is he wrong here? Deions got all sorts of celebrities to choose from, can’t he put someone in front of these 18 year olds who hasn’t been a POS? I get the message, but I don’t think this is the guy you should have delivering it.
What specific redemption arc would you approve of?

The dude said words. If he would have beat the shit out of his girlfriend or stolen something he'd be welcomed back with open arms, but say something about those extra special people who might be the least tolerant and thinnest skinned of all and you are cancelled forever, doesn't matter what you do or say. At least that was the message from the writer.

Look, I don't actually gaf about any of this, but what I will say is that people should be allowed a path back after messing up, epecially if its something as "harmless" as words. I don't know what, if anything the dipshit who made the pre-game speech has done for redemption, but when the columnist basically say "doesn't matter, he needs to be erased forever" you've lost me. You know who needs to be erased forever? Brian Kohberger.

What specific redemption arc would you approve of?

The dude said words. If he would have beat the shit out of his girlfriend or stolen something he'd be welcomed back with open arms, but say something about those extra special people who might be the least tolerant and thinnest skinned of all and you are cancelled forever, doesn't matter what you do or say. At least that was the message from the writer.

Look, I don't actually gaf about any of this, but what I will say is that people should be allowed a path back after messing up, epecially if its something as "harmless" as words. I don't know what, if anything the dipshit who made the pre-game speech has done for redemption, but when the columnist basically say "doesn't matter, he needs to be erased forever" you've lost me. You know who needs to be erased forever? Brian Kohberger.
Fair enough. The shooting and killing a guy and assaulting a woman is what got my attention. The other stuff is just validation. Canceled forever? No, if he paid his debt then go ahead and redeem yourself (Mike Vick). But if Deion put this dude in front of a bunch of kids for an inspirational speech, criticism is fair game IMO.

Fair enough. The shooting and killing a guy and assaulting a woman is what got my attention. The other stuff is just validation. Canceled forever? No, if he paid his debt then go ahead and redeem yourself (Mike Vick). But if Deion put this dude in front of a bunch of kids for an inspirational speech, criticism is fair game IMO.
I don't disagree that its fair to criticize, but isn't the whole point of bringing this dude in because he messed up at one point? Yet the writer only talks about his past transgressions, not about if/ what he's done since, and honestly probably has no interest in it.

I did a quick google on his comments and honestly he just sounds like an idiot, which in and of itself would make me question anyone's motivation for having him speak in front of a crowd.

Reactions: Coug90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT