ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on the win

Couldn’t ask for more going into the 4th down 1. Credit to your team, UW looked like the team that wore down in the 4th. Happy beet juice drinking. Good luck rest of the season

Good luck to you too, especially at Missouri. Frying pan to fire. I think you are right about the wearing down. A nice thing about having so many quality receivers. They can run run run, then the next group comes in.....

Couldn’t ask for more going into the 4th down 1. Credit to your team, UW looked like the team that wore down in the 4th. Happy beet juice drinking. Good luck rest of the season
It was anybod’s game going into the 4th quarter. Good luck the rest of the way. Go Pokes!

It was anybod’s game going into the 4th quarter. Good luck the rest of the way. Go Pokes!
Not sure I’d go that far—Cougs imploded briefly in the 2nd quarter and handed them 16 of their 19 points on a safety and two turnovers that resulted in short fields for them. Outside of that, their offense was pretty anemic, and once we got going in the 2nd half there wasn’t much doubt about who the better team was.

Turnovers and short fields are part of the game. WYO capitalized. If the score was close they were in the game.

Reactions: etowncoug
Turnovers and short fields are part of the game. WYO capitalized. If the score was close they were in the game.
Only as long as we keep handing them to them. Once they cleaned things up, they pretty well shut Wyoming down. 3 points in second half vs 28 points...200 yards total offense vs 400...not what I would call a close contest.

Only as long as we keep handing them to them. Once they cleaned things up, they pretty well shut Wyoming down. 3 points in second half vs 28 points...200 yards total offense vs 400...not what I would call a close contest.
Yet it was 21-20 with 11 minutes left to play. It was still a one-score game with 6 minutes left in the contest. Doesn't matter what the yardage total was or the fact that WSU TOs provided great opportunities for Wyoming, it was a close game. Another WSU turnover could have made a big difference....and if Rocket Jr. hangs on to a perfect long pass right into his hands, it's back to a one score game with under 5 minutes to go.

Don't get me wrong, WSU was the superior team and I thought they played very well with the exception of the 2nd quarter.....but I don't disagree with the statement that it was still anyone's game going into the 4th quarter.

Glad Cougar

Yet it was 21-20 with 11 minutes left to play. It was still a one-score game with 6 minutes left in the contest. Doesn't matter what the yardage total was or the fact that WSU TOs provided great opportunities for Wyoming, it was a close game. Another WSU turnover could have made a big difference....and if Rocket Jr. hangs on to a perfect long pass right into his hands, it's back to a one score game with under 5 minutes to go.

Don't get me wrong, WSU was the superior team and I thought they played very well with the exception of the 2nd quarter.....but I don't disagree with the statement that it was still anyone's game going into the 4th quarter.

Glad Cougar
I think the opening game curse probably has you all more tense about the outcome than if we didn’t tend to sh!t ourselves in the first game...that and a dismal 2nd quarter. Their offense was bad in spite of picking up a few points on short field position, and we just needed to work the bugs out on our offense. Delete the 2nd quarter from your memory and it was a fairly dominant performance.

Glad Cougar

Yep. up by 1 with 11 minutes left, it was indeed anyone's game. I did not feel safe until we had the ball on the last drive.

It would be one thing if Wyo had FORCED those turnovers.

But those turnovers were UNFORCED, STUPID, SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT Turnovers.

Hiking the ball way over the punter leading to 2 points for WYO, thats on WSU not on WYO.

Then Borghi SUPPOSED fumbling, as the ground caused the fumble, that's either on the Ref's not WYO.

Take that STUPIDITY by WSU away and the score would have been much different, iin favor of WSU.

So yes it was a close game, BUT NOT .BECAUSE WYO PLAYED WELL, FORCED STUFF, BEAT WSU, BUT RATHER BECAUSE WSU WAS BEATING WSU.

The only thing WYO gets credit for was the INT because they hurried, hit, almost sacked Minshew helping to cause the INT, and CONVERTING the STUPID SHORT FIELD turnovers.

WSU WAS BEATING WSU IN THE 2ND QUARTER, CAUSING THE GAME TO BE CLOSE IN 2ND HALF UNTIL WSU STOPPED BEATING WSU, CONTINUED ITS DOMINATION FROM 1ST QUARTER MINUS 2ND QUARTER TILL END OF GAME.

In the 2nd Half, once WSU stopped beating WSU, the game was NOT anybody's game in reality, as they WSU were DOMINATING, and only had to NOT BEAT THEMSELVES.

Yes in THEORY, TECHNICALLY it was technically anybodies game for a short while.

But that was in THEORY and NOT BLOODY LIKELY NOT PROBABLE that WYO was going to win, because of WSU's DOMINATION.

Any reasonable, logical, rational person will look at the final score, 41-19 A DOMINATING SCORE. STATS, DOMINATING STATS. 3 good quarters, 1 bad quarter, DOMINATING, and say the COUGS DOMINATED WYO, that it wasnt THAT close.

The COUG IT(meaning snatching defeat from the dominating jaws of victory) days are gone.

Realize that and get that out of your system.

I know thats hard

Now COUGING IT means to not snatch defeat from Jaws of Victory and to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

COUGING IT NOW MEANS DOMINATION, WINNING.

CULTURE CHANGE TIME.

CULTURE IS CHANGING.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT