ADVERTISEMENT

Coug-Cowboy predictions:

bogusto

Hall Of Fame
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
The Coug youngbloods show an unusual affinity for the Air Raid and bounce their way to a 38-21 win in Laramie. Clays defense shows just enough prowess to sufficiently contain Wyoming's run game and pull off the win. Sweet, Minshew, Borghi and Travell Harris in the return game lead the offensive charge.

The Coug youngbloods show an unusual affinity for the Air Raid and bounce their way to a 38-21 win in Laramie. Clays defense shows just enough prowess to sufficiently contain Wyoming's run game and pull off the win. Sweet, Minshew, Borghi and Travell Harris in the return game lead the offensive charge.

I'm going to say WSU 27 - Wyoming 21. Cougs struggle to score in the redzone and have to settle for a couple field goals. We get a pick six that proves to be the winning difference. Wyoming will have the ball with a chance to win but their freshman QB will throw another pick that allows us to run the victory formation.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
"Hapless and overmatched by their MWC cousin's pure physicality due to their consistent 100+ recruiting ranking (higher is better, right?), the Cougs will be miserably embarrassed until Cooper comes in and runs the show and makes it a respectable 7 point loss. Why-oming 42 (3 pick 6's thrown by Minshew) Cougs 35"

- Elsie

I hope: 35-17 Cougs (with the game being close at half time)
Most likely: 21-17 Cougs (with the Cougs being down 14-17 late in the 4th, not really ever taking control of the game, before randomly we score a game winning touchdown)

Gonna go against conventional wisdom and predict the Coug defense plays above their pay grade and stuffs the pokes. Multiple turnovers and a score or two by the D. The O line struggles and Minshew is forced into scrambling and forces a couple picks. The QB situation will only get more confusing post game. Defense keeps us in this one.
17-7 Cougs.

17-13 Wyoming. Three missed FGs and one missed PAT spell the difference. Know who the FG kicker is? Didn’t think so.

WSU 24, Wyoming 20
  • Gardner Minshew is up and down in his debut but, in the end, makes enough positive plays
  • The Speed D (are we still calling it that?) bends a good bit but doesn't break in holding the Cowboys to a couple field goals in the red zone.
  • A WSU defensive back (Jalen Thompson? Darrien Molton?) gets a big turnover in the second half that turns out to be the difference.
Cougs move to 1-0 with a great start to the season!

WSU 24, Wyoming 20
  • Gardner Minshew is up and down in his debut but, in the end, makes enough positive plays
  • The Speed D (are we still calling it that?) bends a good bit but doesn't break in holding the Cowboys to a couple field goals in the red zone.
  • A WSU defensive back (Jalen Thompson? Darrien Molton?) gets a big turnover in the second half that turns out to be the difference.
Cougs move to 1-0 with a great start to the season!

"Speed D" died with the departure of Manning and Grinch.

The point spread in Las Vegas has dropped to 1 1/2 pts. It may be a pickum by game time. No predictions but i will not bet on the game either way.

"Speed D" died with the departure of Manning and Grinch.

Thanks for the clarification BleedC&G.

Really interested to see how the '18 defense is transformed under DCTC.

The guy is obviously a really good football coach.

Does he have all the pieces to his puzzle, particularly vis-a-vis the "Steak Eaters" in the trenches.

I suppose that's the $24 question going into Saturday.

Cougs score 24 points, two touchdowns on offense, and a pick six. A field goal makes the difference.

24-21

Yep “it’s freakin Wyoming” I hope your team thinks that as well! I guarantee WSU will not score 52 points!!

Sorry I revise my prediction
ITS FREAKIN WYOMING
Leach is beyond losing 1st games to way inferior opponents

53-9.

Gonna go with 24-17

Don’t feel good at all about this game.

Winnable in a shootout but would not be at all surprised with leaving Laramie with an L.

Reactions: 79COUG
I'm going to say WSU 27 - Wyoming 21. Cougs struggle to score in the redzone and have to settle for a couple field goals. We get a pick six that proves to be the winning difference. Wyoming will have the ball with a chance to win but their freshman QB will throw another pick that allows us to run the victory formation.

I'm with Flat. WSU 27-21. We score first and never trail, but can't fully pull away.

24-20 Cougs. I don't see either team breaking 30 unless crazy stuff happens. It could, football is football, but if these teams played 100 times I see the Cougs winning 60ish of them and few of them breaking the over/under of 50 total points

24-20 Cougs. I don't see either team breaking 30 unless crazy stuff happens. It could, football is football, but if these teams played 100 times I see the Cougs winning 60ish of them and few of them breaking the over/under of 50 total points

ESPN has the Cougs at a 66% win percentage

I think I speak for all Cowboy fans when I say we're optimistic about the season overall due to the defense, but we still don't know what we're getting with the offense. I'm going to go Cougs- 20 Cowboys- 12... I don't have faith in our OC to give us enough chances to score touchdowns.

Glad the "It's Wyoming" guy made an appearance. When we last played you guys on the road the final was 31-14 in a season where we went 2-10.. so I'm going to go out on a crazy limb and say it won't be 52-10 or 53-9.

I think I speak for all Cowboy fans when I say we're optimistic about the season overall due to the defense, but we still don't know what we're getting with the offense. I'm going to go Cougs- 20 Cowboys- 12... I don't have faith in our OC to give us enough chances to score touchdowns.

Glad the "It's Wyoming" guy made an appearance. When we last played you guys on the road the final was 31-14 in a season where we went 2-10.. so I'm going to go out on a crazy limb and say it won't be 52-10 or 53-9.

ITS FREAKIN WYOMING
54-8
Wyoming gets 4 safeties

Ouch, man. Why? Is it the "first game curse" or is it the thin Dline or is it the coaching turnover? Or is it all of the above?
Gazooks = El Commanche. Same guy, just uses different names from time to time. He may be right and Wyoming could win, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm saying WSU-28 WYO-17.

There you guys go again . i personally see the game as a tossup. The Las Vegas oddsmakers are moving in that direction

I'm not typically optimistic about season openers, but I like our chances against teams with vanilla offenses.

WSU 38
WYO 20

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT