ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs add home and away with SJSU

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
Game in Spokane in 2024, return the favor in 2031.

Game in Spokane in 2024, return the favor in 2031.

While I like the idea of theoretically playing a game in Spokane for Spokanites, there are problems with this.

1. WSU needs to have it's home games at Pullman.

2. Other noncons will argue that why should they goto Pullman when LOWLY SJSU got to play in Spokane.

3. It's LOWLY SJSU. If it was Wisconsin, etc, then ok.

4. Because of #2 above, conference teams will argue that should be able to play in Spokane, instead of Pullman, like all the others, SJSU, etc.

5. #2, #4, will cause a return to the 1960, 1970 days when Walden had to fight to change how before Walden, WSU had to either play home games in Seattle, or play home games at Spokane, or have no home games at all.

Just a terrible idea.

not sure why WSU's AD Chun is signing off on this, as normally Chun is pretty smart good, etc.

Not this time tho.

I am asking because I have not been paying attention but does Spokane have a stadium to big enough to accommodate the Cougs? I know they tore Joel Albi down but have they constructed something to replace it?

I am asking because I have not been paying attention but does Spokane have a stadium to big enough to accommodate the Cougs? I know they tore Joel Albi down but have they constructed something to replace it?
Yes, they're in the process of building a new stadium close to downtown.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything that even hints that it's planned for Spokane.

Seriously, if the Seattle game didn't work, why would we even attempt Spokane?

ADVERTISEMENT