ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs offer 2021 JC DB

etowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Apr 15, 2018

Scholarship math is difficult to work out but it was thought that we had a full class for 2021. This means we aren't done looking to bring someone in.

This means one of a few things:
1) We are so in need of DB help we are willing to burn a 2022 scholarship on a blue shirt hoping to get necessary depth.
2) This guy is such a special talent we are willing to use a 2022 scholarship to bring him in.
3) Someone didn't qualify (more on that later).
4) We had one more scholarship available than previously thought and we are trying to fill it with the best available player.

Whatever people may say my opinion of Rolovich is, I certainly don't think he'd be dumb enough to be looking at option #1. We have a ton of corner backs and Kaleb Ford-Dement seems to be a candidate to take the nickel spot from Marsh. I would guess someone gets moved to safety if necessary. I think the staff would much rather see how the new guys fit before using one of the next year's scholarships on a JC guy.

Of course it's entirely possibly the staff sees him as an NFL guy. Those are always worth taking and Auburn also offered hours after he decommitted from Tennessee.

Is someone not showing up? No signs pointing to this one, but it's hard to know for sure.

Seems most likely than we had an extra scholarship available.

I thought the Cougs were full for the 2021 class as well. I wonder if there is a rule now that allows the Cougs to use the Kershaw scholarship?

ADVERTISEMENT