ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs short handed tonight

Rodman, Darling and Diongue all out.

Darling and Diongue they can survive without vs a good team like USC.

Altho if Gueye gets into foul trouble, Diongue can be missed. I hope that if Gueye or Jaki get into foul trouble and since Rodman wouldn't be able to replace Jaki or Gueye, if they got into foul trouble, then I hope in that kind of situation that Smith would go with Crespin if Gueye, Jaki get into foul trouble, and that Crespin would be able to semi hold his own.

Rodman being injured is, can be a huge problem however and might probably be difference in loss vs win.

WSU, Smith needs to take a serious look at why all these injuries are happening.

It can't be all bad luck.

Might need to get a new Strength, conditioning, injury prevention, etc, coach in the off-season.

Sheesh this is getting ridiculous injury wise.

With Rodman out, I'll be extremely shocked if they find a way to win.

Winning was going to be hard enough vs USC, on the road, with a HEALTHY WSU.

Going to be way the hell harder without Rodman, and the NEGACOUGS will be out in force during game and after game.

I believe they are reporting illness

Whether it's illness or injury, it's still keeping them out of part of 1 game, or 1 game, or multiple games, so in that sense, injuries, illnesses same net result.

And altho some illnesses are going to happen, not be preventable like some injuries, there are things that can be done to try to help prevent both some injuries, some illnesses.

Gueye on fire. 3 inside post moves by Gueye that scored over, around USC's big. 1 dish dunk by Gueye, 1, 3 by Gueye for 11 in 4 minutes by Gueye. 2,3 Rebounds by Gueye.

WSU playing inside, out and outside, in, hitting both 3's and inside shots and midrange shots.

Gueye 17 points, WSU 13 point lead.

How can Powell miss such a easiest bunny lay up in world, after a real nice drive beating his man?

Great game except WSU defense.

Rodman's defense is missed. And Diongue being able to sub for Gueye is missed.

Yep WSU would probably have won with the defense of Rodman, and Diongue to give Gueye occasional rest.

You here all the time about “the game was closer than the score “ not sure I’ve seen a game where that saying is more true!

FYI Mikalas Crespin is no longer on the team.

Came out in the second half with 5 quick fouls, with 16 min left. FT U$C 17/24 WSU 8/13. With the limited players available it was a game until about 2 min left.

Came out in the second half with 5 quick fouls, with 16 min left. FT U$C 17/24 WSU 8/13. With the limited players available it was a game until about 2 min left.
Correct, Cougs only down by 1 with 2 minutes left. Might have run out of gas with such a thin bench but a valiant effort, especially by Gueye. I only saw the first half (way past my bedtime here in the Central Time Zone) but Gueye looked like an NBA player last night.

Glad Cougar

Correct, Cougs only down by 1 with 2 minutes left. Might have run out of gas with such a thin bench but a valiant effort, especially by Gueye. I only saw the first half (way past my bedtime here in the Central Time Zone) but Gueye looked like an NBA player last night.

Glad Cougar
That was the best they looked as a team on offense in years .

They drove and dished . They passed the ball well . Bamba as talented as he is cost us down the stretch .

Mohamed G looked like a man among boys .

Smith may be the most unlikely guy in the NCAA. His teams can’t stay healthy .

Glad Cougar

That was Gueye's NBA application statement game vs USC defenders, who are some of the best defenders in college basketball, and have 1,2,3 players, who are NBA draft level defenders.

Only semi problem with Gueye is that he is semi inconsistent at doing what he did vs USC, and has the extremely rare letdown games, vs extremely rare EWU level defenders.

Also he Gueye is still semi raw and is semi just now developing a Dishon Jackson like post up inside game, and midrange game, and 3 point game, etc.

But as Gueye becomes more consistent, and develops his post up inside moves game, and midrange, game, and 3 point game, and face up drive game, etc, he is going to be a FORCE to be reckoned with, and almost unstoppable, as he was vs NBA draft level defenders of USC.

Gueye is only a Sophmore. If he continues to break out this season, he will probably climb up the NBA mock draft boards up as high as 7th to 30th pick of 2nd round, 33rd to 43 pick overall, and might be flyer to go as high as bottommost, last pick of 1st round, to 1st pick of 2nd round, and no worse then 53rd pick at worst.

BUT IF Gueye stays for his Junior Year, and continues to develop, has a awesome, even better, best year as junior, then Gueye would probably go somewhere between 13th pick in 1st round at best, to bottom, last pick of 1st round, 1st pick of 2nd round at worst.

And if Gueye stays WSU will probably go semi deep into NCAA tournament.

And Gueye probably does not want to leave on a 13,14,15 win season note.

So because of all that Gueye should stay for Junior year, and will probably stay for Junior Year.

At ultimate extreme worst, Gueye goes last pick of 2nd round, an or is a starter, 6th man, for, makes a NBA D League team at worst.

Gueye has just too much extreme NBA Athleticism, Potential, Upside, etc, to not go-to NBA who that values such potential, athleticism, upside, a lot.

USC was Gueye's NBA coming out party.

It was a gutsy performance that we probably could have won with Rodman and Darling available. Bamba did a good job on Ellis but he ran out of gas and that is where Rodman and Darling would have helped. Ellis hit 3 shots from 25 ft plus that no one could have stopped. At some point people are going to have to stop thinking that Bamba is a good offensive player. He isn't. He is a solid overall player but actually pretty limited on offense.

It was a gutsy performance that we probably could have won with Rodman and Darling available. Bamba did a good job on Ellis but he ran out of gas and that is where Rodman and Darling would have helped. Ellis hit 3 shots from 25 ft plus that no one could have stopped. At some point people are going to have to stop thinking that Bamba is a good offensive player. He isn't. He is a solid overall player but actually pretty limited on offense.
Good comment on Bamba. Agree. Not sure Darling would have helped.

Maybe Smith should use Jak as point guard much more. It seems like the best option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT