ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs Underdogs

Apparently the oddsmakers don’t give us much of a chance. We open as ten point underdogs. Hope this helps to light a fire under the team.

Gawd I love Rodney. He was so classic in Caddyshack.

That said, we have shit our pants so many times in the Apple Cup in my not-so-short life and especially in recent years that I have no confidence going into this week. I fully expect another crap performance and am bracing myself for it.

That said, hope springs eternal - maybe this is the year.

I think our DL will give the Huskies all they can handle. If Mata and Luvu can get to Browning a few times, we can rattle him. My only hope is that we can find a way to prevent a handful of 75 yard runs by Pettis & Gaskin.

I'm less optimistic about the offense. I expect the Huskies to defend the 10 yards in front of the LOS and dare Luke to throw deep. If we don't challenge them deep and with the run, I fully expect another constipated performance which is then impossibly admired by about a third of this board.

For once we actually agree. The cougs will have to manufacture points through mutt turnovers and a few missed tackles after a short completion in the middle of the field.Hopefully the defense can hold the mutts to about 20 points.

I think our DL will give the Huskies all they can handle. If Mata and Luvu can get to Browning a few times, we can rattle him. My only hope is that we can find a way to prevent a handful of 75 yard runs by Pettis & Gaskin.

I'm less optimistic about the offense. I expect the Huskies to defend the 10 yards in front of the LOS and dare Luke to throw deep. If we don't challenge them deep and with the run, I fully expect another constipated performance which is then impossibly admired by about a third of this board.
Our offense can take a lifetime supply of Ex-Lax after the game for all I care as long as we come out with a victory.

Glad Cougar

I agree the key to a Husky win comes from getting chunk plays on the ground. If we can’t, it’s probably too much to expect the non-Dante Pettis receivers to make enough plays. Browning has had time. It’s been hard to find anyone open.

Apparently the oddsmakers don’t give us much of a chance. We open as ten point underdogs. Hope this helps to light a fire under the team.

For a change, I'd like to see us play more physically than UW. That will likely translate to more turnovers. Need to be on the plus side (+2) to win today. Both Utah and Stanford play UW very physical which is why they are tough outs for them.

10+ seems like a lot. Secondary has been hurting so need Byron Murphy to get back into pre injury form. Think Taylor Rapp has been quietly hurting also. Get a couple of good licks on Luke early though and things could get easier. Need run game to be huge for us and need Smith to not go away from it when its not working right away as he tends to do.

I agree the key to a Husky win comes from getting chunk plays on the ground. If we can’t, it’s probably too much to expect the non-Dante Pettis receivers to make enough plays. Browning has had time. It’s been hard to find anyone open.

There's a reason he's been running for his life, and getting sacked or just throwing it away. But your defense is almost assured of scoring a couple TDs (pick six/Falk fumble), and those likely will be the difference.

10+ seems like a lot. Secondary has been hurting so need Byron Murphy to get back into pre injury form. Think Taylor Rapp has been quietly hurting also. Get a couple of good licks on Luke early though and things could get easier. Need run game to be huge for us and need Smith to not go away from it when its not working right away as he tends to do.

Everyone is hurting this late in the season.

There's a reason he's been running for his life, and getting sacked or just throwing it away. But your defense is almost assured of scoring a couple TDs (pick six/Falk fumble), and those likely will be the difference.

He really hasn’t had to run for his life often. We have suffered MANY more coverage sacks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT