Cougs vs. Griz Soccer

SDCoug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Hamilton, MT
0-0 after regulation.

Cougs 8 shots, 1 save
Griz 7shots, 6 saves

Sorry, no Kayak level updates from me. Felt like we should have got a pk with 2:30 left but was likely a good no call as it would have decided the game on an iffy call.

Thanks, SD. Not the ideal outcome but a tie on the road is not bad. For some reason that I cannot fathom, home field advantage plays a significant role in soccer. More so than football, basketball or baseball. The field width can be different from one location to another but I cannot see that this explains the variation. Anyway, not ideal but not bad.

Now on to the Pac12. Just checked the AP poll and found the California schools and Utah are all ranked in the top 25 with Colorado at #35. No love yet for us. A formidable gauntlet for the ladies to have to run.

Thanks, SD. Not the ideal outcome but a tie on the road is not bad. For some reason that I cannot fathom, home field advantage plays a significant role in soccer. More so than football, basketball or baseball. The field width can be different from one location to another but I cannot see that this explains the variation. Anyway, not ideal but not bad.

Now on to the Pac12. Just checked the AP poll and found the California schools and Utah are all ranked in the top 25 with Colorado at #35. No love yet for us. A formidable gauntlet for the ladies to have to run.
I am not sure who officiates conference games, but non-cons are almost always handled by local officials. This could explain a big part of "home-field" advantage. I have seen some egregious examples of this in the Portland area versus U of P and in Corvallis.

I am not sure who officiates conference games, but non-cons are almost always handled by local officials. This could explain a big part of "home-field" advantage. I have seen some egregious examples of this in the Portland area versus U of P and in Corvallis.
Had not considered that. Good point.

I was convinced that there was a homer factor going on in this game. Then they throw a red card on a Griz player 2 minutes into 1st OT. It was right in front of me and I have no idea what the girl did.

For what it's worth, announced attendance was 512. Not sure how that measures up with other schools but the bleachers were somewhat full and the crowd was into it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT