ADVERTISEMENT

cozart had a hell of a game last night

NM was 9-4 last year, and that weird Bob Davie triple option from the gun they run has given BSU some fits. Good win for those guys. I am hoping they win the MW as that helps us overall.

So bsu passed for 137 and rushed for 127? And nm had under 300 total offense as well?
Tell me I'm missing something here but those are pretty putrid numbers in my opinion...

in total, sure, but cozart accounted for basically all of it. which to me is pretty impressive.
Absolutely.
I know they were playing on a short week but they were at home. I don't know....just seems like a ridiculously low offensive output..

Absolutely.
I know they were playing on a short week but they were at home. I don't know....just seems like a ridiculously low offensive output..

I watched the very end of the game and the take by Brock Huard was that they knew that they were going to be able to grind out a win and there was no need to be flashy. Their win over UNM was basically the same as our win over Montana State in the opener. Take what they give you and grind them down. The difference is that we pass and they run (and Montana State was further overmatched).

If I were a BSU fan, I'd be concerned right now, but at the same time, they are 2-1 and would be 3-0 with a win over a Top 25 team if not for really, really bad luck. They are well poised to win their conference at this point.

New Mexico will be lucky to win four games total this year. They were beaten by NMSU who is a perennial loserlast week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT