ADVERTISEMENT

Dang it! Need help now......

Stretch 74

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
Just to be sure, I looked up de Casa Lopez and discovered they are closed from yesterday until Tuesday, so there goes my great carne asada plan, right out the window. Need an audible-what Mexican places are good in Pullman? And which ones should I avoid, other than Taco Bell and Taco Time? Ha! Never had Mexican in Pullman, and would like to hear from you folks that have. What's the skinny, guys?

Just to be sure, I looked up de Casa Lopez and discovered they are closed from yesterday until Tuesday, so there goes my great carne asada plan, right out the window. Need an audible-what Mexican places are good in Pullman? And which ones should I avoid, other than Taco Bell and Taco Time? Ha! Never had Mexican in Pullman, and would like to hear from you folks that have. What's the skinny, guys?

WTH? The place right across from the old Rusty's. A block down from My Office. Forget the damn name, but a Mexican family runs it. Get the enchilada - freaking yummy and if you can can finish it you have a bigger belly than me. Although I keep mine slim so I can impress the ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteTheChop
WTH? The place right across from the old Rusty's. A block down from My Office. Forget the damn name, but a Mexican family runs it. Get the enchilada - freaking yummy and if you can can finish it you have a bigger belly than me. Although I keep mine slim so I can impress the ladies.
El Rancho Viejo

Any insight on why they are closed? Very disappointing.

Yeah that place is good.

For some reason, I got an American Express card in the mail when I was a student...and the first thing I did was walk down to Rancho Viejo and consumed mass quantites.

Make sure you get the Mexican Flag 😁

Any insight on why they are closed? Very disappointing.
No kidding! I have been salivating about that carne asada for a couple days. Have to try something and somewhere else now.

Reasons why..... Thanksgiving holiday, UI shut down for the week for vacation, plus add in the effect of the massacre of the students in Moscow, and that is probably it. Maybe they are normally closed on Mondays anyway, not sure on that.

Thanks. The Rancho Viejo Enchalada.........and a couple of Pacificos......
Enchilada or burrito? There is a Rancho Viejo here in Hayden that I have been to a lot. Their Macho Burrito is quite large and tasty. Will have to go there, I guess. Disappointing to have to settle for something that I can get anytime here at home, but thems the breaks sometimes.

Dox Equis amber is Mexican beer of choice.

Reactions: ATACFD
Enchilada or burrito? There is a Rancho Viejo here in Hayden that I have been to a lot. Their Macho Burrito is quite large and tasty. Will have to go there, I guess. Disappointing to have to settle for something that I can get anytime here at home, but thems the breaks sometimes.

this guy does Mexican right.

XX amber is the right answer, in a frosted mug with a lime.

Also accepted is Tecate in a can with lime and salt sprinkled on the top.

And yeah, that burrito is something else.

Reactions: justinbgocougs

Negra Modelo is my favorite Mexican beer if on draft.

XX Amber is solid, and I enjoy Pacifico too. Tecate with two limes in the can, too.

Man...you got me in carne asada mode...and I have to wait 10 days.

Have you ever had a Victoria Lager? it is Mexico's oldest beer...and very good but not heavily marketed. I've only seen it on draft twice but a lot of times restaurants will have it in bottles if you ask.

I'll rotate Victoria and Pacifico like Walden rotated qbs 🍻

Last edited:

Have you ever had a Victoria Lager? it is Mexico's oldest beer...and very good but not heavily marketed. I've only seen it on draft twice but a lot of times restaurants will have it in bottles if you ask.

Not familiar with that brand. Heard of Pacifico but never had one, guess I'll need to rectify that before long.

Reactions: spongeandshoot

I saw a Victoria last weekend at a bar. Usually am way too deep into tequila before thinking of beer, lol.

haha!!

Hopefully you were sipping on the good stuff! But then again, a little semi-bad, not very good, halfway decent, somewhat shitty tequila never hurt anyone.

Sorry Mik :)
I drink only the good stuff ;) It doesn't have to be an expensive to be good either.

I'll leave the "high-end", pancake syrup tequilas to others.

Have you been to Las Chavelas in CDA?

Place is pretty good. At least it was last year when I went.

Not familiar with that brand. Heard of Pacifico but never had one, guess I'll need to rectify that before long.

Most good Mexican restaurants will have Pacifico on draft... but I highly recommend them in a hot summer day with a lime.

You can pick up a 12 pack at most grocery stores. Some may even have Victoria. I go back and forth as to whether that requires a lime or not. I usually drink it without when in Mexico

I think you are onto something with the whole food/ beverage angle here Stretch

When I used to visit the Miss. State boards, they always had a bbq/ food and beverage thread and it was awesome.

Maybe we can ditch the politics thread and keep something like going.

I'll drink to that 🥃😃

I think you are onto something with the whole food/ beverage angle here Stretch

When I used to visit the Miss. State boards, they always had a bbq/ food and beverage thread and it was awesome.

Maybe we can ditch the politics thread and keep something like going.

I'll drink to that 🥃😃
Lotsa concepts that we can deal with during the off season when actual football issues are sleeping. I have 2 or 3 ideas dealing with music that should be good conversation starters.

ADVERTISEMENT