ADVERTISEMENT

Dates for Homecoming & Dad's Weekend Announced

I like Dad's weekend being just before Thanksgiving break - Dad's can come over to the game and then give their kids a ride home for break. Great move to improve attendance when a lot of kids leave town.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDCoug
Thanksgiving is actually on the 28th,there is still a week of school after the game. The last home game before the break is Oregon State on the 23rd

I like Dad's weekend being just before Thanksgiving break - Dad's can come over to the game and then give there kids a ride home for break. Great move to improve attendance when a lot of kids leave town.

Thanksgiving is actually on the 28th,there is still a week of school after the game. The last home game before the break is Oregon State on the 23rd

So this still makes sense, and is the norm for dad's weekend (a late season game). Stanford fans don't travel, so Dad's will fill it up. Oregon State should sort of travel, helping with at least a few ticket sales the next weekend. Although if we are 9-1 and they are 1-9 they probably won't clog the highways coming up here.......

WSU has the entire week of Thanksgiving off from school therefore the last day of class would be Friday the 22nd. The Apple Cup is Friday the 29th - the day after Thanksgiving.

WSU has the entire week of Thanksgiving off from school therefore the last day of class would be Friday the 22nd. The Apple Cup is Friday the 29th - the day after Thanksgiving.
Correct...which means a Senior Day game on Saturday before Thanksgiving, with an empty student section.

Oregon State won't be 1-9. They have Hawaii and Cal Poly, so should get at least those 2. Plus, they're improving, so I think they'll pick up another couple of wins. Not really sure against who...Utah, Cal, and Arizona seem like the most likely, but 2 of those are on the road and Utah & Cal look solid on D. Still, I expect them to have 3-4 wins by the time they come to Pullman.

Correct...which means a Senior Day game on Saturday before Thanksgiving, with an empty student section.

Oregon State won't be 1-9. They have Hawaii and Cal Poly, so should get at least those 2. Plus, they're improving, so I think they'll pick up another couple of wins. Not really sure against who...Utah, Cal, and Arizona seem like the most likely, but 2 of those are on the road and Utah & Cal look solid on D. Still, I expect them to have 3-4 wins by the time they come to Pullman.

Yeah, we had Hawaii a few years back when we sucked. I forget how that game turned out.:p

Thanks man. But FYI, many of us are not brain dead and are familiar with how the WSU academic calendar works at Thanksgiving. Cuz' we attended WSU and it has been that way for at least 40 years. And we know when Apple Cup is. Just sayin'.....:rolleyes:

Yeah, we had Hawaii a few years back when we sucked. I forget how that game turned out.:p

Thanks man. But FYI, many of us are not brain dead and are familiar with how the WSU academic calendar works at Thanksgiving. Cuz' we attended WSU and it has been that way for at least 40 years. And we know when Apple Cup is. Just sayin'.....:rolleyes:
When we played Hawaii, we sucked way more than 2018 Oregon State did...and more than 2019 OSU should. Way more.

And Hawaii 2018/19 is probably not as good as Hawaii 1998-2010

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT