ADVERTISEMENT

de Laura

In a season that probably will be shut down shortly, we get the chance to find out who really should be #1 on the depth chart without any fuss or commotion of benching the "#1." It probably is a good thing long term. #2 has a career defining opportunity.

Don't quote me :), but I think since they get tested so regularly, tracing is moot.

Assuming they caught it early enough this is much ado about nothing. It's weird how many QB's in the conference have tested positive though. DTR, Mills, and De Laura.

What a year. Looking at it every game and every chance for more experience is just a bonus.
In a season that probably will be shut down shortly, we get the chance to find out who really should be #1 on the depth chart without any fuss or commotion of benching the "#1." It probably is a good thing long term. #2 has a career defining opportunity.

Only 8 of the 54 FBS games were canceled. Why do people keep saying this?

What a year. Looking at it every game and every chance for more experience is just a bonus.

Listen to the news on TV and the radio...besides the election, all you hear is covid cases, cases, cases. It has many folks mesmerized and living in fear, including our dictators that make calls on shut-downs.

Listen to the news on TV and the radio...besides the election, all you hear is covid cases, cases, cases. It has many folks mesmerized and living in fear, including our dictators that make calls on shut-downs.
"It's interesting when people die, give us Dirty Laundry..."

Reactions: froropmkr72

Are you kidding me? With a > 99% chance of living if contracted, it's a no brainer to shut it all down!! Think of your grandmother you selfish wanna live your life so you can frequent small businesses so they don't have to close their doors permanently due to Stalin-esque restrictions and that kids can go to school to get an ACTUAL education, socialize with their peers to establish strong emotional bonds, gain self-confidence and relieve the pressures of being an adolescent........ Person!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR

Have you considered the national covid stats, and increasing restrictions nationwide? 2065 died yesterday. 16 games postponed/canceled this weekend so far according to CNN, and things are getting worse, not better. That is why.

Have you considered the national covid stats, and increasing restrictions nationwide? 2065 died yesterday. 16 games postponed/canceled this weekend so far according to CNN, and things are getting worse, not better. That is why.
Oh well, if people were capable of acting like responsible adults ( limiting contact/travel, wearing masks, distancing etc. ) we wouldn’t be in this current mess and probably wouldn’t have restrictions placed on us by our state governments. And we would probably be able to watch a lot more cougar football.

Oh well, if people were capable of acting like responsible adults ( limiting contact/travel, wearing masks, distancing etc. ) we wouldn’t be in this current mess and probably wouldn’t have restrictions placed on us by our state governments. And we would probably be able to watch a lot more cougar football.

Ah yes. The battered housewife who thinks her husband will stop beating her if she could just cook the steak the way he likes it.

No, I haven't actually as those "stats" mean zero without context...like who is dying?

Blanket lockdowns/shutdowns are not working, in every sense of the meaning. I have no clue why we aren't isolating the vulnerable and lining them up for the vaccine that will be available within the month. Instead, we get rhetoric from our "leaders" about how deadly the virus is and that locking down is the only answer...we then see those same folks traveling and gathering without PPE and distancing.

No, I haven't actually as those "stats" mean zero without context...like who is dying?

Blanket lockdowns/shutdowns are not working, in every sense of the meaning. I have no clue why we aren't isolating the vulnerable and lining them up for the vaccine that will be available within the month. Instead, we get rhetoric from our "leaders" about how deadly the virus is and that locking down is the only answer...we then see those same folks traveling and gathering without PPE and distancing.
This right here.... Some reports are also being made that there are many tests coming back with false positives. That and people that have signed up to be tested are not following through on getting tested but somehow receive a notice days after they were going to get tested that they have tested positive for the VID. This whole pandemic is grossly over-sensationalized and is about to damn near break this country. Wishing I could be living in Florida right now.

Says Karen as she licks a doorknob.

Jesus, don't shoot the messenger. We were asked in a post, why people are saying a football shut down is coming, see above (Response: the ever increasing Covid numbers/deaths), not whether we thought it was a good idea. Shutting down football games played in empty stadiums has as much to do with pandemic control, as bullfighting has to do the agriculture.

Reason and opinion aren't the same.

Reactions: Coug90
Jesus, don't shoot the messenger. We were asked in a post, why people are saying a football shut down is coming, see above (Response: the ever increasing Covid numbers/deaths), not whether we thought it was a good idea. Shutting down football games played in empty stadiums has as much to do with pandemic control, as bullfighting has to do the agriculture.

Reason and opinion aren't the same.

A couple of thoughts--I am not sure it is "well old people are dying and we have to save those 250k people." It is as much about the overloads in some hospitals.

But something no one has talked about but I had a lengthy discussion with biotech CEO Thursday night. He was excited because early on he didn't know if covid could be treated like poleo or HIV. He said the data is now clear it is preventable with the vaccine.

I did ask him if he would take this vaccine and he said he didn't know if he would personally take it, not because he felt it was unsafe. He personally knows the husband and wife team that developed the drug with Pfizer. But what he said is that he didn't know if it the vaccine was a yearly vaccine, semi annual vaccine, or maybe even permanent. But his questions as a scientist were as Merck will bring on what he termed an "old fashion" vaccine that would be permanent but come to market later, would the earlier vaccine by Pfizer block the long lasting vaccine being developed by Merck.

The other interesting thought he brought up was we don't know the long lasting affects of covid. I asked him if he knew anyone personally who had it, and his answer was yes, and to this day are not recovered. They have loss of balance issues, depression issues and other issues they never had before and other symptoms that they don't know if it is long term or not.

Maybe I live in a bubble, but local businesses are getting crushed even when the county is open. Most people have already decided to limit access to places where they will go. 40% of their business is not enough to keep many a float. and until the vaccine becomes more prevalent, not sure that will change.

A couple of thoughts--I am not sure it is "well old people are dying and we have to save those 250k people." It is as much about the overloads in some hospitals.

But something no one has talked about but I had a lengthy discussion with biotech CEO Thursday night. He was excited because early on he didn't know if covid could be treated like poleo or HIV. He said the data is now clear it is preventable with the vaccine.

I did ask him if he would take this vaccine and he said he didn't know if he would personally take it, not because he felt it was unsafe. He personally knows the husband and wife team that developed the drug with Pfizer. But what he said is that he didn't know if it the vaccine was a yearly vaccine, semi annual vaccine, or maybe even permanent. But his questions as a scientist were as Merck will bring on what he termed an "old fashion" vaccine that would be permanent but come to market later, would the earlier vaccine by Pfizer block the long lasting vaccine being developed by Merck.

The other interesting thought he brought up was we don't know the long lasting affects of covid. I asked him if he knew anyone personally who had it, and his answer was yes, and to this day are not recovered. They have loss of balance issues, depression issues and other issues they never had before and other symptoms that they don't know if it is long term or not.

Maybe I live in a bubble, but local businesses are getting crushed even when the county is open. Most people have already decided to limit access to places where they will go. 40% of their business is not enough to keep many a float. and until the vaccine becomes more prevalent, not sure that will change.

Businesses were lucky to make it 8 months. If another 8 months goes by with shut downs or restrictions, its over. And then the AI and robots come and crush what’s left. Good timez!

Businesses were lucky to make it 8 months. If another 8 months goes by with shut downs or restrictions, its over. And then the AI and robots come and crush what’s left. Good timez!

When AI comes in you want to see a full on revolt? China, AI, there wont be jobs left to serve our demand for jobs.

What job security...become a mechanic.

ADVERTISEMENT