ADVERTISEMENT

Dior Johnson

Missed your post so delete mine.

It's pretty amazing. Johnson is originally from NY so assuming Phelps was involved and maybe Bamba. He's had so many high school stops maybe someone else on the roster is the connection?

He's a very smooth player but appears more of a lead to high volume shooter. Went on the Mississippi State board and the common theme was "Top 3 of us, Pitt, and WSU so it's between us and Pitt". MSU is the only current scheduled visit so gotta' think they have an edge

Amazing to even be in the hat race.

Last edited:
MSU canceled his trip due to "red flags". Jans is new to the SEC but it's still the SEC. Don't want to sound sour grapes because Johnson is definitely a talent we could use. I do wonder if he's a potential chemistry risk if not worse.

I have hesitated to comment because I have no knowledge but it seems to me there are certainly red flags. Nine high schools, a withdrawn commitment to Syracuse and a withdrawn commitment to Oregon.

Would have liked to have him but all the above hesitations are warranted plus he has been on a steady drop as far as his ratings go. Once a 5* now a 4* once rated the number3 prospect in his class now number 37. Could be others have just caught up and passed him but seems to be red flags none the less

I am guessing that WSU was after him before they decided to recruit Powell instead. That he never visited campus and was announcing his commitment, I think tells us that they were never really that serious toward each other.

I have hesitated to comment because I have no knowledge but it seems to me there are certainly red flags. Nine high schools, a withdrawn commitment to Syracuse and a withdrawn commitment to Oregon.
Nine high schools?

If his dad played on the Aloha Bowl team that red flag suddenly becomes a crimson flag.

Hoping a grad transfer guard with some quicks is working on applying or enters the portal and falls into our lap. Of course we know that path doesn’t always go well (Aiken).

A kid moving around that much will prob be taking some summer school where ever it is convenient. I would not be surprised if that was 3 of the 9 high schools listed.

6 is still way too many, though.

This is HUGE finishing in 2nd place, and in top 3, for such a top, one of the better, best, 4,5, star recruits like Dior.

It's awesome because:

1. If he enters transfer portal, he might transfer to WSU

2. If 4 star friends approach him, Dior about whether WSU/Smith is a good place to goto, then Dior probably tell them yes, help open door, etc.

3. Yes WSU missed, but get enough Dior's and 1 of them will say yes to WSU/Smith, just like Diongue said yes.

4. With WSU's success, and WSU/Smith successfully recruiting Jackson, Gueye, Diongue, and finishing 2nd for Dior, WSU, Smith will have a GOOD reputation, as a place top recruits goto, which can help more top recruits to go-to WSU/Smith

5. Future good recruiters like Smith, will be ok with, will want to goto WSU, if, when, if Smith leaves WSU, because they would know that they can recruit top recruits, etc, at WSU.

6. All the above can help WSU/Smith to be able to replace what lose, survive, deal with NIL, Transfer Portal.

7. All of the above can snowball in the right direction.

Coach and his staff are very good at keeping things quite. It seems if we hear about a potential recruit and start to speculate about getting them, it never happens. Then out of the blue we get a 4* we didn’t expect.

Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT