ADVERTISEMENT

Do your job.....

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Don't know how many of you watch the postgame videos, or the after practice videos. What I see every single time from every single player is "do your job". That and talking about how they listen to their coaches and do what they are told and trained to do. And the deference to the team vs themselves.

Funny comment by Jamal when they asked how it felt to catch Luke's record breaking pass - "I should have dropped it" (laughing). We have such high quality people on this team. They make me proud to be a Coug. No punks, no arrogance. Just all about the team and their teammates and doing their jobs. We can thank CML, goofy as he is, for that. He doesn't bring punks and criminals to Pullman.

Leach had a shout out to the Kent police dept. What was that all about?

Also, someone asked Renard Bell about getting mooned by the Coug fan after the TD. He said someone sent him the video. Someone needs to find that and post it.

Finally - nice to see Luke show some emotion after the victory formation play. Yeah he has heard all the crap thrown his way. But he came through and led us on a 95 yard drive to win a huge game against a top-25 opponent to make us 7-0 at home in his last game in Pullman. So good for him and how about we knock off the TH chants. I can't wait to see Tyler take us places - NEXT YEAR.

Don't know how many of you watch the postgame videos, or the after practice videos. What I see every single time from every single player is "do your job". That and talking about how they listen to their coaches and do what they are told and trained to do. And the deference to the team vs themselves.

Funny comment by Jamal when they asked how it felt to catch Luke's record breaking pass - "I should have dropped it" (laughing). We have such high quality people on this team. They make me proud to be a Coug. No punks, no arrogance. Just all about the team and their teammates and doing their jobs. We can thank CML, goofy as he is, for that. He doesn't bring punks and criminals to Pullman.

Also, someone asked Renard Bell about getting mooned by the Coug fan after the TD. He said someone sent him the video. Someone needs to find that and post it.

Finally - nice to see Luke show some emotion after the victory formation play. Yeah he has heard all the crap thrown his way. But he came through and led us on a 95 yard drive to win a huge game against a top-25 opponent to make us 7-0 at home in his last game in Pullman. So good for him and how about we knock off the TH chants. I can't wait to see Tyler take us places - NEXT YEAR.

Gonna comment on my own post just to put it back on top. Cant believe there are no comments, while in the meantime we have multiple stupid threads being drug out ad nauseum.

Leach does what the Bennetts did. Brings in good kids. Solid values. Team first. Good stuff.

Love the players that Leach has brought in. They are doing well on field but also in the classroom too. Leach runs a disciplined program and the tail never wags the dog.

Glad to see Falk lead us to victory over Stanford. I thought our tempo was finally better and I loved some of the pre snap shifting by WR. I also loved play action too. I thought this kept the Ferd defense from pinning their ears back and timing the snap like CAL and Zona did. Great game Cougs !!

Leach does what the Bennetts did. Brings in good kids. Solid values. Team first. Good stuff.

There is a more accurate way to say that....he brings in kids who believe in team first. They buy into his culture. And if they don't he will make them want to play somewhere else.

The Bennett comparison doesn't work because Bennett only has to pick 3 kids a year and have 12 under his watch at all times. 25 kids recruited, 100 kids under his watch not a coach in the US can defy the odds of them not being solid citizens and going roque.

Look at Laurenzi who it has been told to me was a model citizen and guess what he did to lose his 25K a year scholie for his last season? Stole 60.00 headphones. They werent even Beats for crying out loud.

Gonna comment on my own post just to put it back on top. Cant believe there are no comments, while in the meantime we have multiple stupid threads being drug out ad nauseum.
LC...Leach recruits workers. Kids for the most part (there are always kids who don't...but they are few and far between the further he gets into his tenure) want to work, become better at their craft, become the best they can be and aren't afraid to put the work in to be successful. He is a farmer at heart. He doesn't let the cold, the rain, the less than perfect recruiting conditions (IE facilities) get in his way. He has work to do and does it to the best of his abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATACFD
It was called a......humor... while there was some type of glitch in the Rival's system. Dude, you are a stick in the mud. The only ones who didn't know what was going on were some Wazzu fans.

It was called a......humor... while there was some type of glitch in the Rival's system. Dude, you are a stick in the mud. The only ones who didn't know what was going on were some Wazzu fans.
There was no glitch. Its something they do, pretty convincingly too I'd say.

LC...Leach recruits workers. Kids for the most part (there are always kids who don't...but they are few and far between the further he gets into tenure) want to work, become better at their craft, become the best they can be and aren't afraid to put the work in to be successful. He is a farmer at heart. He doesn't let the cold, the rain, the less than perfect recruiting conditions (IE facilities) get in his way. He has work to do and does it to the best of his abilities.

I really like the farmer analogy. It is an apt fit for Leach. He's one of those innovative farmers though. Reminds me of an Uncle who was a farmer and was also a bit "eccentric". He would talk your ear off about new ways to tinker with machines he custom built.

Reactions: Orecoug
They were quite good. I read every post here, every day but rarely post. They got me out of my lurkdom. It was fun.

While I get the disgruntled bump, the truth is that the UNC guys brought more to the table with a few hours of silliness than we've seen in a while. I remember when the internet and message boards used to be enjoyable and they reminded us all of that.

While I get the disgruntled bump, the truth is that the UNC guys brought more to the table with a few hours of silliness than we've seen in a while. I remember when the internet and message boards used to be enjoyable and they reminded us all of that.

They also take themselves WAAAAAY less seriously. Not a single thread goes by without someone being called to the carpet for something, and it doesn't devolve into the drivel that we see on this bored. Even in the political threads they manage to keep the gloves up.

Here, it goes beyond "you're an idiot" to "you're a bad person with a bad soul and I pity your wife and kids that they have to live with you" because of a disagreement over.... hell, everything.

I ENJOY disagreeing with people; it allows me to explore other peoples ideas and opinions and and opportunity to change my own. Unfortunately, like I said that doesn't happen here, only pissing matches.

They also take themselves WAAAAAY less seriously. Not a single thread goes by without someone being called to the carpet for something, and it doesn't devolve into the drivel that we see on this bored. Even in the political threads they manage to keep the gloves up.

Here, it goes beyond "you're an idiot" to "you're a bad person with a bad soul and I pity your wife and kids that they have to live with you" because of a disagreement over.... hell, everything.

I ENJOY disagreeing with people; it allows me to explore other peoples ideas and opinions and and opportunity to change my own. Unfortunately, like I said that doesn't happen here, only pissing matches.
According to people on their board....they were redirected to the WSU board. I really liked how they didn't take themselves seriously. North Carolina is not having a good season and they're still in friendly mood. WSU fans have a reputation for hospitality to visiting fans and I don't know why it doesn't translate to these boards. The incessant whining about Auburn Dawg is more than I can handle. If I see AD mentioned in a post...I skip to the next. Just like this board at times.

According to people on their board....they were redirected to the WSU board. I really liked how they didn't take themselves seriously. North Carolina is not having a good season and they're still in friendly mood. WSU fans have a reputation for hospitality to visiting fans and I don't know why it doesn't translate to these boards. The incessant whining about Auburn Dawg is more than I can handle. If I see AD mentioned in a post...I skip to the next. Just like this board at times.

I've been through their threads; they've done it before and they plan on doing it again. It was a ruse, and a good one at that because you're still falling for it!

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
I've been through their threads; they've done it before and they plan on doing it again. It was a ruse, and a good one at that because you're still falling for it!

Guy posted on this board explaining what it was, but the thread was since removed. Some Iowa fans did it to them, so they picked us. It was pretty funny. I think we should do it to someone else. Anyone else in?

Reactions: froropmkr72
Guy posted on this board explaining what it was, but the thread was since removed. Some Iowa fans did it to them, so they picked us. It was pretty funny. I think we should do it to someone else. Anyone else in?

It was pretty cool but those guys put in a lot of effort to do that. They mentioned on their board that they'd be happy to have a few cougs jump in on their next assault.

Reactions: Orecoug
I didn’t read LCs repost the same way. I thought he was speaking about the stupid threads running on for ever that our folks were posting.

It was pretty cool but those guys put in a lot of effort to do that. They mentioned on their board that they'd be happy to have a few cougs jump in on their next assault.
I'm down, but they wouldn't be able to notify us on this board due to the ban hammer being in full effect, and I doubt I'll monitor their board much after this. Nice group of guys, though.

Food fight!!!!

I didn’t read LCs repost the same way. I thought he was speaking about the stupid threads running on for ever that our folks were posting.

Yes you are correct. I was not referring to the NC posters. I was wondering what was going on with all that, it was kinda funny.

ADVERTISEMENT