ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Period - Day 1 Updates

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Day 1 of the early Signing Period is Underway. Here are the updates as the LOIs are received by Washington State. All Times Pacific

4:30 a.m. - ATH Jamir Thomas - LOI received

6:10 a.m. - QB Gunner Cruz - LOI received

6:15 a.m. - WR Billy Pospisil - LOI received

6:20 a.m. - DB Gatlin Grisso - LOI received (2018 prospect - Greyshirted)

6:25 a.m. - LB Rocky Katoanga - LOI received (2018 prospect - Greyshirted)

6:40 a.m. - DB Bryce Beekman - LOI received

6:45 a.m. - DB Daniel Isom - LOI received

7:10 a.m. - OL Patrick Utschinski - LOI received

7:15 a.m. - WR Donovan Ollie - LOI received

7:20 a.m. - OL Ma'ake Fifita - LOI received

7:30 a.m. - LS Simon Samarzich - LOI received

7:35 a.m. - LB Travion Brown - LOI received

7:35 a.m. - DL Cosmas Kwete - LOI received

https://twitter.com/WSUCougFB/status/1075413467635449856

7:50 a.m. - DE Tyler Garay-Harris - LOI received

https://twitter.com/WSUCougFB/status/1075417765442334722

8:20 a.m. - OL Konner Gomness - LOI received

https://twitter.com/WSUCougFB/status/1075424820215439361

9:10 a.m. - LB Peni Naulu - LOI received

https://twitter.com/WSUCougFB/status/1075437549403832321

10 a.m. - RB Jouvensly Bazile - LOI Received

https://twitter.com/WSUCougFB/status/1075450129715322885

11:30 a.m. - DB Armauni Archie - LOI received

https://twitter.com/WSUCougFB/status/1075473851654451200

1:30 p.m. - DB Derrick Langford - LOI received

https://twitter.com/WSUCougFB/status/1075503983265931265

Last edited:
I don’t watch a lot of these highlights or claim to be some sort of a scout...but Cruz is going to put up video game numbers. It’s going to be silly watching him throw deep balls to Donovan Ollie.

Reactions: metprof
Absolutely love early signing day. No drama, no hat selection BS, just mature young following through. Go Cougs!

Cal offered one of our DB verbals last minute after one of theirs flipped. Still hasn’t sent the Cougs his LOI. help me with the name here

Well clearly he isn't coming to WSU, since that tweet was this morning. Cal = vultures.

Hard to say. Last minute unexpected offer can make him think. He can always choose not to sign during the early period.

Cal sucks. If that is what he wants let him go. There will be kids looking for homes after today.

As previously posted, I'm guessing there are at least 250 college football players out there wishing they were Cougs.

Hard to say. Last minute unexpected offer can make him think. He can always choose not to sign during the early period.
Never understood that. Yeah we didn’t want to offer you a scholarship, but since our other guy we wanted bailed on us, here you go! How that does not receive a fat middle finger blows my mind. I could understand maybe if it’s Bama or Oklahoma or something but Cal?? C’mon man!

Reactions: taf88 and BiggsCoug
Also, just saw Archie is from the same HS as Marcellus Pippins. So, maybe creepy stalker CATrojan will be back next year to tell us how crappy our coaches are.

Also, just saw Archie is from the same HS as Marcellus Pippins. So, maybe creepy stalker CATrojan will be back next year to tell us how crappy our coaches are.

That be as awesome as Christmas twice a year.

Reactions: Coug90
He was going to make sure we never got another player from his area after we were mean to his favorite player, so not sure what happened to his sphere of influence?

:D

I bet they're big timing Ohio St every time Grinch comes calling though.

Will we get any surprises today?

What’s up w/Powell not signing until Feb? He’s gone the JC route and was hopeful to see him enroll in Jan.
I’m thinking Lucas @ one tackle and Powell, or Beresford operating @ the other.

What’s up w/Powell not signing until Feb? He’s gone the JC route and was hopeful to see him enroll in Jan.

Wonder if JC's have to qualify or graduate or get their grades or something before they can sign.......

I'd have to say it's his grades.

I don’t see the big DT from Pittsburgh, CA High sign yet.........

I noticed last night on his Twitter that he is now following a bunch of USC Defense Coaches

I'd have to say it's his grades.

Yeah, with the rules being what they are, coaches need to make sure someone like Powell qualifies before you give him a spot. Seems like a good kid, but he was super optimistic about getting the test scores necessary to qualify out of high school and needed to go the JC route. A few weeks ago, it was reported by Brand X he would be enrolling in the winter here (which I thought would be record time for an AA). Now he supposedly has one class to finish. I'm rooting for him, but need to see him arrive on campus before I get too excited.

Hope not--it's JC for christ sake, its not that difficult to at least make passing grades. He's really blowing a golden opportunity if it is a grades issue.

Since he didn't qualify out of high school, he needs an AA degree.

Powell needs to take one more class per brand x. His grades are fine, just needs one more class.

Sorry etown- just saw your comment. You beat me to it.

Nope—what is that?
Netflix program on kids at JCs trying to get to D1 schools. Many wash out from big programs first. Three seasons long. Well worth the watch.

For what it's worth, you can hear Minshew's name mentioned over a PA in a game a few times. Think it was the first season but not sure on that. And Calvin Jackson Jr. was on the last season, though his tv time is somewhat limited. He's too normal of a kid to get that much air time.

I noticed last night on his Twitter that he is now following a bunch of USC Defense Coaches

If USC is poaching our recruits to fill their roster, they will never be the power house program of the past. They need to steal from Bama, LSU, OSU, OU if they expect to compete on a national level. IMO Clay Helton has no drawing power,

If USC is poaching our recruits to fill their roster, they will never be the power house program of the past. They need to steal from Bama, LSU, OSU, OU if they expect to compete on a national level. IMO Clay Helton has no drawing power,
They're getting the scraps that fall off Oregon's table

Guessing you didn't watch Last Chance U?

Yup, kids are at JC's for a reason. Often times they have a lot to overcome if they want to qualify for a 4 year university (learning disabilities, poor family support, trauma/shame, emotional issues, or never learned how to study). All of this without the academic support resources a Power 5 school gives kids.

Also read that one-time verbal commit, Nasir Sims is leaning towards San Diego State after Cougs cooled on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT