ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark says conference vetting options but doesn't 'have to expand'

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001

My, my...the rhetoric is starting to fade away. When is the announcement about the "4 corner schools" happening?

My sense - as speculated - w/ the clarity on the CFP format now in the forefront, stacking up on a lot of teams, only to get likely 1 in the door, doesn't make sense. Expansion, just to expand, doesn't make sense.

I still think the Pac-12 backfills with SDSU and maybe UNLV or Fresno.

My, my...the rhetoric is starting to fade away. When is the announcement about the "4 corner schools" happening?

My sense - as speculated - w/ the clarity on the CFP format now in the forefront, stacking up on a lot of teams, only to get likely 1 in the door, doesn't make sense. Expansion, just to expand, doesn't make sense.

I still think the Pac-12 backfills with SDSU and maybe UNLV or Fresno.
They may even be off the table now.

unless the school is going to be a legitimate contender for a second playoff spot it’s probably a hard pass.

unless the school is going to be a legitimate contender for a second playoff spot it’s probably a hard pass.

SDSU, and SMU are still on the table for the Pac 10/12.

If Pac 10 loses 2 more teams, it will be a crippled PAC 8.

To avoid that, Pac 10 must expand to PAC 12, because it would help to prevent losing 2 more, and even if lose 2 more, it would be the Pac 10 instead of crippled at Pac 8.

Other reasons include how for both SDSU, SMU, there is the Media TV market that will develop in time, and SDSU is almost R1, and both SDSU, SMU gives BETTER RECRUITING in So Cal and DFW, PRIMETIME RECRUITING AREAS, and gives increased footprint, and SMU was, used to be BIG TIME, before the Death Penalty and Before Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, TCU, SWAC, ETC, broke up, stranded SMU, TCU, and so SMU can be BIG TIME again in the Pac 12 IN TIME, after DEVELOPMENT, and SDSU and SMU can take a SMALLER SHARE of a New Media Deal, and they can help the Pac 12 get a BETTER, BIGGER MEDIA Deal, and SDSU, SMU, in the beginning, WOULD BE EASIER TO BEAT TO GET TO CFP, so adding SDSU, SMU, wouldn't make the Pac 12 to tough to get 1,2 teams to the CFP.

So SDSU and SMU should still be on the table.

possible, the majority of the talk and speculation has been coming from fans anyway, not ,uch from those that can make it happen

If SMU is added - which makes sense -you’d think they’d want another Texas school with them.

It's impossible to know what the Big 10 presidents/chancellors are thinking. They see the numbers and know that there are no teams left in the PAC that are huge additions, and they know that any further offers to the PAC will destroy the conference. They already ripped the heart out. Obviously Arizona and Colorado will not move to the Big 12 unless they have to ($$$). Today, I would guess that the PAC goes forward with no further losses. Come Monday, who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT