ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN release on Ole Crimson spot...good perspective from the voice of ESPN

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Pretty good perspective on why I am not concerned about schools like us, getting shoved out of a conference by the networks, as feared by some. It's these stories - and fan passion - that make college football unique and give WSU charm is has on a national stage.

“For many, College GameDay isn’t just a TV show, it’s tradition,” said Emeka Ofodile, ESPN Vice President, Sports Marketing. “Stories like Ol’ Crimson speak to what makes college football and College GameDay so special. Having the chance to tell the tale of Ol’ Crimson, as well as so many iconic stories shared every Saturday, is something that will never get old.”

Pretty good perspective on why I am not concerned about schools like us, getting shoved out of a conference by the networks, as feared by some. It's these stories - and fan passion - that make college football unique and give WSU charm is has on a national stage.

“For many, College GameDay isn’t just a TV show, it’s tradition,” said Emeka Ofodile, ESPN Vice President, Sports Marketing. “Stories like Ol’ Crimson speak to what makes college football and College GameDay so special. Having the chance to tell the tale of Ol’ Crimson, as well as so many iconic stories shared every Saturday, is something that will never get old.”

I love the notion that ESPN cares about us but the reality is that they only care about us because it makes them look good. The minute that they can't leverage it for financial gain, we are yesterday's news. That said, I'm grateful to the hundreds of fans that have contributed over the years to make it a tradition that's worth being talked about.

If a future "super league" keeps 64 teams, it's stuff like this and the fact that we do have decent TV ratings when we get the chance that gives me a hope that we won't be abandoned to the Mountain West.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth

Just to point out, even if we're in the Big Sky, Ole Crimson can get shipped around and flown every Gameday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT