ADVERTISEMENT

February 5th

TrumpCoug

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2019
is quickly approaching. I expect the DC to be announced this week, then the mad scramble to assemble the rest of the staff and work on filling out the rest of the class. If everyone sticks we have 7 open slots and a big need at ILB and DB's.

With CNR's JUCO connections do we go heavy on the JC's? Do we see more activity within the transfer portal? Buckle up buttercup, gonna be fast and furious!

They signed 5 juco kids last year and 15 HS players.

Signing 15 HS kids in a class is the same as a SC class on sanctions. Just for perspective.

While they need jc help on defense, how many years can you sign 15 HS kids before the numbers start working against you?

It wouldnt be a bad idea to bite the bullet and sign 25 HS kids and grow them.

Reactions: Glad Cougar
Seems like the new normal for recruiting is you are now recruiting from high school, junior college, and now the transfer portal. Percentages from hs may change as a result.

Seems like the new normal for recruiting is you are now recruiting from high school, junior college, and now the transfer portal. Percentages from hs may change as a result.
I'd like to see them offer this guy from St. Louis HS Only 6-2 220, but stronger than most all these olinemen. Has an offer from Hawaii, San Diego St, army, Air Force etc

Will Schaffer the MLB ASU commit would be a huge flip. We are after the CB from Calabassas. Rolovich is after Isaiah Mcelvaine a stud DB Valley Christian in Cali and Terrance Lovell from Serra in Northern Cali.

Needing so many scholarships in such a short time, it's going to be tough to get that much quality. I wonder if perhaps they may bank one or two and bring in next years players early, next January, and count them toward this years class?

Needing so many scholarships in such a short time, it's going to be tough to get that much quality. I wonder if perhaps they may bank one or two and bring in next years players early, next January, and count them toward this years class?
How about a quality Grad Transfer DL or LB from a school like Clemson, Georgia etc. who's on the bench due to playing the same position as a future 1st round draft pick.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT