ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4's

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Caught the end of Purdue's win over NC State. Purdue's center (Edey) is a monster. 7'4", 300 pounds. From Toronto - take off hoser!

Crazy that both UConn and NC State had Men's and Women's teams make the Final 4. NC's both lost and UConn is 0-1, but man.

Also, the Women's (Iowa's specifically) TV ratings are nuts. $5 sez the gals championship game gets a bigger audience than the Men's, despite being an early game. 12PM Pacific.

Caught the end of Purdue's win over NC State. Purdue's center (Edey) is a monster. 7'4", 300 pounds. From Toronto - take off hoser!

Crazy that both UConn and NC State had Men's and Women's teams make the Final 4. NC's both lost and UConn is 0-1, but man.

Also, the Women's (Iowa's specifically) TV ratings are nuts. $5 sez the gals championship game gets a bigger audience than the Men's, despite being an early game. 12PM Pacific.

I don’t think it will get better ratings than the men but it’s pretty awesome to see how well they are doing. Caitlin Clark is must see TV. I hadn’t really watched her much. The crazy thing is she’d have 20 assists a game to go along with her 32 points if her teammates could make a layup. That’s a .500 team at best without her. She sees the court and delivers dimes better than John stockton did with Steph curry’s range and release. It’s truly incredible.

Reactions: SaveFerris
I don’t think it will get better ratings than the men but it’s pretty awesome to see how well they are doing. Caitlin Clark is must see TV. I hadn’t really watched her much. The crazy thing is she’d have 20 assists a game to go along with her 32 points if her teammates could make a layup. That’s a .500 team at best without her. She sees the court and delivers dimes better than John stockton did with Steph curry’s range and release. It’s truly incredible.
Edit, women’s final looks like may blow the men’s final away in ratings. Crazy to see what these other games are doing, I knew it was good but they are getting better ratings than world series, masters, nfl games, etc.

Her passing is top level which contributes to a high shooting percentage for her team. Iowa has 6 players shooting over 50% from the field and 5 players shooting over 40% from 3pt line. None of those players are Clark. They most definitely are where they are because of her but they are a solid team without her. They only trailed U Conn by 6 at half and Clark had a terrible half only had 6 points.

Her passing is top level which contributes to a high shooting percentage for her team. Iowa has 6 players shooting over 50% from the field and 5 players shooting over 40% from 3pt line. None of those players are Clark. They most definitely are where they are because of her but they are a solid team without her. They only trailed U Conn by 6 at half and Clark had a terrible half only had 6 points.
I haven’t watched a lot of women’s bball admittedly so you know more about Iowa than I do I’m sure. Their finishing in the first half in particular was ugly, probably 7-8 balls Clark put her teammates in position for layups that they couldn’t convert. Maybe just a bad half, but they were lucky to only be down 6. 2nd half was much better but there had to have been 10-12 easy buckets total from Clark passes that weren’t put in. They did play solid defense the entire game I’ll give them that, and Clark got lazy on defense a few times herself.

I’m looking forward to watching this game today and rooting for Iowa.

I haven’t watched a lot of women’s bball admittedly so you know more about Iowa than I do I’m sure. Their finishing in the first half in particular was ugly, probably 7-8 balls Clark put her teammates in position for layups that they couldn’t convert. Maybe just a bad half, but they were lucky to only be down 6. 2nd half was much better but there had to have been 10-12 easy buckets total from Clark passes that weren’t put in. They did play solid defense the entire game I’ll give them that, and Clark got lazy on defense a few times herself.

I’m looking forward to watching this game today and rooting for Iowa.
You are 100 percent correct they looked bad in the first half as did Clark other than the passing. There were a lot of “how can you not make a layup” comments in the group I was watching with.

You are 100 percent correct they looked bad in the first half as did Clark other than the passing. There were a lot of “how can you not make a layup” comments in the group I was watching with.
It’s pretty normal in women’s hoops.

What a game. Sorta feels like SC is wearing them down. They are big and athletic!

I've never been too interested in women's bball although I'm watching the final. Regrettably, Iowa let them back in the game and have missed just a few layups.. also, there seems to be little parity in the NCAA women's game

I was rooting against Iowa today. Just sick of the Clark hype and the hyperbole. She's a great player but just like a lot of great players...it's hard to win a championship on your own and South Carolina was a much deeper and more talented team overall.

Reactions: 78Chief
I was rooting against Iowa today. Just sick of the Clark hype and the hyperbole. She's a great player but just like a lot of great players...it's hard to win a championship on your own and South Carolina was a much deeper and more talented team overall.
I usually would root for the underdog, but a bit of Clark fatigue as well. Iowa did make it a game, but not able to knock down enough 3s. USC's bench outscored Iowa's 37-0. SC was definitely the more complete team.

yeah, and he totally was overlooked and didn't get any respect..

class act.

I've never been too interested in women's bball although I'm watching the final. Regrettably, Iowa let them back in the game and have missed just a few layups.. also, there seems to be little parity in the NCAA women's game
They didn’t let them back in the game: Iowa was way outclassed athletically and size wise. If Iowa was going to win the other players needed to step it up offensively and play near perfect and they didn’t. Offensive rebounding by SC was ridiculous and Clark really ran out of gas: way too much burden placed on her due to the talent disparity between the two teams.

Reactions: Coug90
They didn’t let them back in the game: Iowa was way outclassed athletically and size wise. If Iowa was going to win the other players needed to step it up offensively and play near perfect and they didn’t. Offensive rebounding by SC was ridiculous and Clark really ran out of gas: way too much burden placed on her due to the talent disparity between the two teams.
Not sure I would blame the rest of the team. They shot 44% on 2's, 40% on 3's. Clark? 33% and 38%.

Beyond that, yes the rebound differential, offensive and defensive (18-7 and 33-22) was really the story. And Iowa continuing to drive into the teeth of SC's big women was inexplicable. And near the end, Clark driving and forcing lane shots (missed both) rather than taking the 3 or kicking it out was unexplainable.

But, SC was the better team, and the depth and spread of minutes played was telling.

Not sure I would blame the rest of the team. They shot 44% on 2's, 40% on 3's. Clark? 33% and 38%.

Beyond that, yes the rebound differential, offensive and defensive (18-7 and 33-22) was really the story. And Iowa continuing to drive into the teeth of SC's big women was inexplicable. And near the end, Clark driving and forcing lane shots (missed both) rather than taking the 3 or kicking it out was unexplainable.

But, SC was the better team, and the depth and spread of minutes played was telling.
The officiating was less than championship level. It's running sports across all levels. It's didn't decide the game, but it sucks to have rando bs calls late in the game.

The way that game unfolded, SC probably beats Iowa 99 out of 100 times. Sorta reminded me of when Baylor played Gonzaga for the title a few years ago. I think Gonzaga was undefeated but after the game it was like…yeah, no way Gonzaga was ever gonna beat that team.

When you outbound someone like that and there’s nothing they can do about it it’s sort of like running the football for 250+ and not getting stopped. Really tough formula to try and win a game and it’s not gonna happen often.

When you outbound someone like that and there’s nothing they can do about it it’s sort of like running the football for 250+ and not getting stopped. Really tough formula to try and win a game and it’s not gonna happen often.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here, or about whom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT