ADVERTISEMENT

Flag up

It appears he was a strong lean to SMU. I'm not really looking at Wisconsin as a key indicator of his talents. They throw the ball on 3rd and long and that's about it. Looks like we continue to battle Arizona, Kansas, Colorado, and the American Conference / Mountain West for players.

It appears he was a strong lean to SMU. I'm not really looking at Wisconsin as a key indicator of his talents. They throw the ball on 3rd and long and that's about it. Looks like we continue to battle Arizona, Kansas, Colorado, and the American Conference / Mountain West for players.

Lmao that’s a pretty pessimistic take. That is a quality offer no matter how you explain it away.

Does Rolo use TE at all? Looks like a possible TE body type 6’4” decent speed but not taking the top off or juking anyone out of their shoes with his routes. Seems like a hybrid TE/big slot type.
Love the old school no gloves or nothing!

who is the QB? Guy looks like a stud

Does Rolo use TE at all? Looks like a possible TE body type 6’4” decent speed but not taking the top off or juking anyone out of their shoes with his routes. Seems like a hybrid TE/big slot type.

No TE. Four wides, one RB. Occasionally 3 wides and two backs.

Just say no to tight ends.

The QB is an unrated guy headed to Colorado School of Mines (seriously). This is a good team in the Houston area, so its QB pretty much is guaranteed to be going somewhere. If he was in Washington he'd be 3 stars minimum.

As for the TE thing, that's probably what Wisconsin saw as well and likely is why Manjack just committed to WSU. I saw someone mention elsewhere that Wisconsin already has 3 WR commits.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
The QB is an unrated guy headed to Colorado School of Mines (seriously). This is a good team in the Houston area, so its QB pretty much is guaranteed to be going somewhere. If he was in Washington he'd be 3 stars minimum.

As for the TE thing, that's probably what Wisconsin saw as well and likely is why Manjack just committed to WSU. I saw someone mention elsewhere that Wisconsin already has 3 WR commits.
Damn he has some good tape for an unrated!

I’m still waiting for the one tight end leach had to make a catch. He was supposed to be the next Shannon Sharpe! As for tight ends kinda like the 4-3 vs 3-4 defense for me. Really doesn’t matter what you call them if you have the best 11 guys on the field. If you got a big dude who has receiver skills but can also crash down and block or chip an end who gives a shit what you call them. He looks kinda hybrid to me I’d teach him to block get him to 225 and make him a matchup problem, but that’s just me.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
As 90 said, who cares what you call them? If they can get separation, they don't even have to be blazing fast. They have to be able to catch the ball and take a hit, and if they can block down from the slot then that is definite icing on the cake.

Damn he has some good tape for an unrated!

I’m still waiting for the one tight end leach had to make a catch. He was supposed to be the next Shannon Sharpe! As for tight ends kinda like the 4-3 vs 3-4 defense for me. Really doesn’t matter what you call them if you have the best 11 guys on the field. If you got a big dude who has receiver skills but can also crash down and block or chip an end who gives a shit what you call them. He looks kinda hybrid to me I’d teach him to block get him to 225 and make him a matchup problem, but that’s just me.

225lbs isnt blocking any DE in the PAC 12. It is just not big enough.

Watching his film... he can catch the ball, he can run the ball, he can block downfield.... imo he is a wing. He would be a star at Air Force. He doesnt run well enough to take the top off the defense. He doesnt have enough athleticism to play in the slot. He isnt big enough to move to TE. But he does do a little bit of everything well enough to make plays and score touchdowns. He is ballin’ in what is probably the best city for talent in America. Bring him in and see what he can do.

225lbs isnt blocking any DE in the PAC 12. It is just not big enough.

Watching his film... he can catch the ball, he can run the ball, he can block downfield.... imo he is a wing. He would be a star at Air Force. He doesnt run well enough to take the top off the defense. He doesnt have enough athleticism to play in the slot. He isnt big enough to move to TE. But he does do a little bit of everything well enough to make plays and score touchdowns. He is ballin’ in what is probably the best city for talent in America. Bring him in and see what he can do.
I agree on part two...Willie and Nambdi got manhandled by everyone last year (outside backer/D-end...same thing nowadays.) Hell Willie didn’t even weigh 225. A 6-4 225 lb athletic kid who doesn’t mind getting dirty should be able to at least slow down anyone on the opposing front seven in the PAC-12 with the exception of interior D-linemen. Now that’s assuming said player didn’t attend the Jimmy Graham school of lookout blocks.

We’ve seen enough third/fourth and shorts not go our way the last few years to agree it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra muscle on the field to get creative with when you need to pound out a yard or your tackle can’t handle his guy on the outside.

I agree on part two...Willie and Nambdi got manhandled by everyone last year (outside backer/D-end...same thing nowadays.) Hell Willie didn’t even weigh 225. A 6-4 225 lb athletic kid who doesn’t mind getting dirty should be able to at least slow down anyone on the opposing front seven in the PAC-12 with the exception of interior D-linemen. Now that’s assuming said player didn’t attend the Jimmy Graham school of lookout blocks.

We’ve seen enough third/fourth and shorts not go our way the last few years to agree it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra muscle on the field to get creative with when you need to pound out a yard or your tackle can’t handle his guy on the outside.

225lbs is nothing more than a speed bump trying to block a PAC 12 DE. Slowing down a DE isnt blocking. Its nothing at all. You are just not correct. 225 wont block anyone on any defensive front. And at 6’4” 225 he is more skinny than filled out. It isnt gonna work no matter how much you want it to.

If you want more muscle on the field you add a 6th OL. Dont waste your time trying to fool the defense into a 225lbs kid making a block. Just line up heavy and get it done in short yardage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT