ADVERTISEMENT

Flip from CU

Here's his page with the HUDL. Without knowing his competitions speed for comparison, I'll assume his speed is as billed. While this site has him at a 5.5, I've seen others put him at a 5.4. Might be splitting hairs but either way, he's fast. Running Back University just got another good one.

Max Borghi

EDIT: SaveFerris is right. 4.4/4.5 not what I have above.

Last edited:
I noticed he did quite a bit of slot receiver. Wonder where he's going to land... RB or WR?

Snatched him right out of their own backyard. I wonder if CU is already loaded up on running backs or there's something special he likes about Wazzu?

He seems more running back with similarities to Morrow or Harrington. Brandx compared him to Morrow.
Or slot with that hand off in the wide swing that's in his Hudl... That might be a great little wrinkle in the Air Raid.

Snatched him right out of their own backyard. I wonder if CU is already loaded up on running backs or there's something special he likes about Wazzu?
Guy ran a 10.83 as a sophomore. Might make him eligible to run in the 4.4's. Good pick up.

Here's his page with the HUDL. Without knowing his competitions speed for comparison, I'll assume his speed is as billed. While this site has him at a 5.5, I've seen others put him at a 5.4. Might be splitting hairs but either way, he's fast. Running Back University just got another good one.

Max Borghi

EDIT: SaveFerris is right. 4.4/4.5 not what I have above.

There is no better play to set the hook for those viewing your highlight film then what he has.

He's a problem in the slot or catching the ball out of the backfield. Im curious where WSU plans to play him. Maybe just let it shake out in practice???

He runs well in traffic. He scored touchdown after touchdown from 25 yards out. He can return kicks. His feet are fast enough he doesn't get tripped up easily.

He is gonna be interesting to watch develop. Im guessing he's a guy that sees the field early. I'd like to see him at 205lbs out of the backfield catching the ball in space.

He's coming off a major injury. Wonder if that had something to do with it.

Or, maybe we just flat outrecruited them. I like to go with that.

Reactions: Coug1990 and 79COUG
The Buffs got a commitment from another high school rb about three or four days ago. One who is rated slightly higher by Rivals, not by much but slightly higher. My speculation is that the young man got a bad impression from this. Maybe the Buffs cooled on him a bit and he picked up on that. Perhaps his injury may have clouded Colorado's enthusiasm a bit. I doubt that any of us has the inside scoop on this transfer of allegiance but the timing is certainly telling. Whatever the reason may be, the staff quickly picked up on this situation and snatched him. A running back who can catch the ball too fits in well with us. Maybe less so with UC.

Looks fast and athletic...would prefer to see him doing less curls and more clean-and-jerks and leg presses/squats in the gym, though.

I'm not sure when that video was produced, but he seemed to be at an early stage in rehab. Depending on his progress, he might be a grayshirt candidate, just to give him another semester to work on his recovery. It appears he tore both the ACL and MCL (ouch). James Williams tore an ACL in high school, and he looks pretty good right now, but he did redshirt as a frosh, and probably wisely so. With four talented backs this season, we're likely not going to need Borghi right away.

I'm not sure when that video was produced, but he seemed to be at an early stage in rehab. Depending on his progress, he might be a grayshirt candidate, just to give him another semester to work on his recovery. It appears he tore both the ACL and MCL (ouch). James Williams tore an ACL in high school, and he looks pretty good right now, but he did redshirt as a frosh, and probably wisely so. With four talented backs this season, we're likely not going to need Borghi right away.
Valid point, but still, he's no Earl Campbell in the leg department.

Yep. Another reason why he fits in well with our team. We have no immediate need for another rb so I would be surprised if he wasn't redshirted. Our S&C guys are doing a good job and he should be fit and ready to go as a rsfr.

Is he going to be able to play his senior year?

Is he going to be able to play his senior year?
On the interview video he stated that he was trying to return in time to rejoin his high school team this fall. That surprised me a bit as knee ligament surgery usually takes a full year of recovery. I would rather he sat the season out but it is not my decision and he and his doctors would know better whether it would be safe to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT