ADVERTISEMENT

Football Scoop...speculates Leach is in line for a huge

He was talking about administration. That is why if he were to leave it would be for his dream job (which I don't believe is open) or a job where he knows admin. (Bill Moos) I can't see at 57 him taking a job with screwed up administration.

For example, how many hires does Dan Guerro (SIC) get to make before it is he who has to go.

Bingo. Give the man a cigar. The UCLA alumni have been bitching about Guerrero for years.

I hope WSU offers Leach $4M/year, but if he were to leave, has Grinch shown enough to warrant the head coaching job? He’s consistently mentioned as a top-3 assistant in all of college football.

I would be interested in seeing one example of this . All of college football?

YakiCoug said:
Doubter. Maybe you're in the same position as Loyal's unsatisfied wife?

Thanks kurt. Especially since Yaki knows that I am not married anymore, which was pretty f-ing heartbreaking for me. What a low life POS he is for posting something like that.
Loyal... it is very disgusting. The mod apparently has an appetite for suck dickness. Yeah he knew of your marital situation and still decided to dig there. Question is why? Maybe I️ should give you his info and you can cal him ?

YakiCoug said:
Doubter. Maybe you're in the same position as Loyal's unsatisfied wife?

Thanks kurt. Especially since Yaki knows that I am not married anymore, which was pretty f-ing heartbreaking for me. What a low life POS he is for posting something like that.

Never "bagged" on your wife, but you and Ediot can "mommy" yourselves over it. Good luck with your campaign in getting Moron-islandcoug back as a moderator. The guy is coug lite, as are you and other members of the $600,000 club.

Never "bagged" on your wife, but you and Ediot can "mommy" yourselves over it. Good luck with your campaign in getting Moron-islandcoug back as a moderator. The guy is coug lite, as are you and other members of the $600,000 club.
Yo morally Banke -rupt. Who even thought of wanting MI Coug to come back to moderate? If I were to go back in time and ask for a moderator from the past I would get Smoking Tongue. No you didn't bag on his wife, you were a jerk and made light of a hard situation. Who does that?

And the mommy comment, again you are showing your insensitivity. Maybe when you lose your mom you would get it.

Of course, Falk has made 38 of 39 career starts, whereas Wulff got 3 QBs injured in his first 4 weeks on the job. Great comparison otherwise though.
It is ....when did Halliday and Falk get hurt? You think it was a coincidence when Bosch went down and his replacement started the first game about 1/4 through the game Halliday got busted up? And is it a coincidence that the kid replacing him had zero experience? And top it off Lenard Williams abused Bosch's replacement? When Falk got hurt, who was a redshirt freshman? Isn't it interesting the other years when there was some experience the QB's played an entire season? If I recall in 2013, 2016, and 2017 the starting offensive offense line stayed healthy all year no QB's got hurt. The two times they lost a starter they lost their QB.

As far as players getting carted off against PSU it was unfortunate. A blitzing team, new Oline coach, new olineman, and new QB's who might be as much at fault as the the lineman and didn't check into a blitz protection play.

And when you say we had capable QB's, do you really believe they had the talent and experience to be capable?

It is ....when did Halliday and Falk get hurt? You think it was a coincidence when Bosch went down and his replacement started the first game about 1/4 through the game Halliday got busted up? And is it a coincidence that the kid replacing him had zero experience? And top it off Lenard Williams abused Bosch's replacement? When Falk got hurt, who was a redshirt freshman? Isn't it interesting the other years when there was some experience the QB's played an entire season? If I recall in 2013, 2016, and 2017 the starting offensive offense line stayed healthy all year no QB's got hurt. The two times they lost a starter they lost their QB.

As far as players getting carted off against PSU it was unfortunate. A blitzing team, new Oline coach, new olineman, and new QB's who might be as much at fault as the the lineman and didn't check into a blitz protection play.

And when you say we had capable QB's, do you really believe they had the talent and experience to be capable?

It takes comparing Portland State to USC to prove that it is wasn’t Wulff’s fault.

Two spinal injuries in one game against an FCS doormat not withstanding.

Reactions: YakiCoug

Rogers was plenty talented and I always kind of liked Lobbestael (relatively speaking). Maybe the problem was Sturdy's playbook was so GD complicated, they couldn't even get it installed for that first season.

OL who don't know what they're doing + QBs who don't know what they're doing. Surprise, your QB is hurt. It's called bad coaching.

Rogers was plenty talented and I always kind of liked Lobbestael (relatively speaking). Maybe the problem was Sturdy's playbook was so GD complicated, they couldn't even get it installed for that first season.

OL who don't know what they're doing + QBs who don't know what they're doing. Surprise, your QB is hurt. It's called bad coaching.
Neither Lobbenstahl nor rogers had any experience. Outside of Leach and how he has been able to develop Halliday to Falk to Hillinski, when at WSU under a pretty solid coach in Price did first year inexperience QB's do well? How did Degrenier do after Pattinson got hurt? How did Pattison do in 1989 as a true freshman? The guy didn't even know how to put on his helmet.

Dennis Erickson did a crappy job his first year. Hell he had the number one pick the following year in the supplemental draft and after 1987 Rosie wanted to switch to linebacker he was so horrible.

You can keep going back to 2008 but I fully expected what happened whether it was Doba, Price or Wulff. The foundation had crumbled and Arizona, USC, OSU and Oregon were pointing in that direction.

It takes comparing Portland State to USC to prove that it is wasn’t Wulff’s fault.

Two spinal injuries in one game against an FCS doormat not withstanding.
I guess I do have to give Wulff props for beating an FCS doormat with two QB's injured that game.

Actually the "proof" is that injuries happen when you play inexperienced linemen. Doesn't matter cause that doormat FCS team beat WSU in Pullman a few years later, so injuries can happen against any opponent. As can losses.

Neither Lobbenstahl nor rogers had any experience. Outside of Leach and how he has been able to develop Halliday to Falk to Hillinski, when at WSU under a pretty solid coach in Price did first year inexperience QB's do well? How did Degrenier do after Pattinson got hurt? How did Pattison do in 1989 as a true freshman? The guy didn't even know how to put on his helmet.

Dennis Erickson did a crappy job his first year. Hell he had the number one pick the following year in the supplemental draft and after 1987 Rosie wanted to switch to linebacker he was so horrible.

You can keep going back to 2008 but I fully expected what happened whether it was Doba, Price or Wulff. The foundation had crumbled and Arizona, USC, OSU and Oregon were pointing in that direction.

I'm sure Degrenier & Pattinson were "bad". And entering a season with Rogers, Lobbestael & Lopina, I'm sure people would have been pretty understanding and accepting of "bad". That's not what they were though.

There's "bad", then you'd need to dig through 100 miles of crap with a soup spoon, then there's Wulff.

Reactions: dgibbons
Are we still talking about Wulff? Holy feces, batman!

You guys do realize that WSU is playing for a Pac-12 championship berth, right?
Your point? Should I not go to Thanksgiving dinner and have a singular focus ? I like Fab...he gives me a reasonable and rational response and let's me look at something with a different lens. I may end up not agreeing with him, but does it really hurt on this slow day?

Reactions: Fab5Coug
I guess I do have to give Wulff props for beating an FCS doormat with two QB's injured that game.

Actually the "proof" is that injuries happen when you play inexperienced linemen. Doesn't matter cause that doormat FCS team beat WSU in Pullman a few years later, so injuries can happen against any opponent. As can losses.

This is going to be a popular contribution Ed.

Of course, the PSU team that Wulff beat was 4-7 and the one that beat Leach was 9-3.

I'm sure Degrenier & Pattinson were "bad". And entering a season with Rogers, Lobbestael & Lopina, I'm sure people would have been pretty understanding and accepting of "bad". That's not what they were though.

There's "bad", then you'd need to dig through 100 miles of crap with a soup spoon, then there's Wulff.
I'll bite. How would Doba have kept the scores "more" reasonable...whatever that figure is to you? Lopina was a horribly inaccurate passer, Rogers didn't get Doba's and Rosie's play book not to mention Sturdy's, and Brink kept scores down by being on the field getting first downs and not turning the ball over a great deal, save against Oregon and Oregon State and thus the 53-7 type scores. So what would have been reasonable to you and what would your expectation be knowing offense scoring is up, teams went to more no huddle, WSU was breaking in a new qb, two new DT's, plus learning a new system. Like I mentioned, what happened in 2008 didn't surprise me one bit. Nor did Leach losing more games in 2012 than they did in 2011.

This is going to be a popular contribution Ed.

Of course, the PSU team that Wulff beat was 4-7 and the one that beat Leach was 9-3.
Was that not factual? What was PSU's record the year before? Didn't they have an interim coach because they we like 2-9 or is my memory incorrect...and it could be when it comes to PSU football.

I'll bite. How would Doba have kept the scores "more" reasonable...whatever that figure is to you? Lopina was a horribly inaccurate passer, Rogers didn't get Doba's and Rosie's play book not to mention Sturdy's, and Brink kept scores down by being on the field getting first downs and not turning the ball over a great deal, save against Oregon and Oregon State and thus the 53-7 type scores. So what would have been reasonable to you and what would your expectation be knowing offense scoring is up, teams went to more no huddle, WSU was breaking in a new qb, two new DT's, plus learning a new system. Like I mentioned, what happened in 2008 didn't surprise me one bit. Nor did Leach losing more games in 2012 than they did in 2011.

Well, off the top of my head, Doba & his staff were much better actual coaches, so there's that. I'm sure he would have picked up some JCs & Texas kids that could play early. I assume Rogers could have survived and been, at least, adequate.

And I'll give some of the credit to it just being a transition year. Those are hard.

Do you honestly believe Doba would have been THAT bad?

Was that not factual? What was PSU's record the year before? Didn't they have an interim coach because they we like 2-9 or is my memory incorrect...and it could be when it comes to PSU football.

I don't know, or care.

Pointing out common opponents 7 years apart is very odd point to make though.

It’s called sending your team out to play a game being completely unprepared. A Wulff specialty.

It took two and a half seasons before they were running anything that resembled an offense.

Loyal... it is very disgusting. The mod apparently has an appetite for suck dickness. Yeah he knew of your marital situation and still decided to dig there. Question is why? Maybe I️ should give you his info and you can cal him ?
Question is...why would Yaki even know this?

Because this sh!t poisons the board? It is a free country though, so if you want to drag that stank ass dead horse out and beat it to death once again and again and again and again......go ahead.

We've been doing the Wulff thing a while, haven't we? Not as long as you've been playing hall monitor, but still.

Again....if you two want to bicker like an old couple about Wulff.....go ahead. Sorry to have interrupted.

Thank you for your permission.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Because this sh!t poisons the board? It is a free country though, so if you want to drag that stank ass dead horse out and beat it to death once again and again and again and again......go ahead.
Only poisons it if it gets nasty. But if everyone simply doesn't read it then there shouldnt be a problem.

Question is...why would Yaki even know this?
Yaki made a reference to Loyal's wife, some smart ass thing. Loyal told morally "Banke-rupt" it wasn't funny as he is now divorced. Yaki said he didn't know and that Loyal should have made him aware. Then after knowing this fact "Low Joe" doubled down and brought up the sore subject once again. Moral of the story never reveal anything to Waki.

Well, off the top of my head, Doba & his staff were much better actual coaches, so there's that. I'm sure he would have picked up some JCs & Texas kids that could play early. I assume Rogers could have survived and been, at least, adequate.

And I'll give some of the credit to it just being a transition year. Those are hard.

Do you honestly believe Doba would have been THAT bad?

I guess he could have got some jc players . But it was pretty clear he was woefully thin at dt yet he kept striking out. He kept missing at qb aa well. He has three commits when he left. So not sure he would have got the help needed

Yes, I fully expected back the moment Doba was fired for the season to come close to what we saw. And truth is I do wish Doba left after the 08 season and he still would have been a Coug and hero and yet at the same time we would have seen the damage

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT