ADVERTISEMENT

Former Cougs QB Connor Neville will transfer to. . .

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
East Mississippi Junior College, the school popularized by "Last Chance U."

Cool. Could be a great opportunity for him. Sounds like we have depth at QB and this could be a good shot for him to get some playing time.

Cool. Could be a great opportunity for him. Sounds like we have depth at QB and this could be a good shot for him to get some playing time.

Dang, that is a long ways away. I'm telling you, we need a two way feeder school for our "didn't make it" guys to transfer to, and for guys that are borderline to start at and maybe we poach 'em later. Idaho would be perfect logistically, but we would have to get rid of Petrino and quit playing them as well. Since we never play Montana, maybe they would work. Get them to switch to our offense, heck our colors almost match.

Dang, that is a long ways away. I'm telling you, we need a two way feeder school for our "didn't make it" guys to transfer to, and for guys that are borderline to start at and maybe we poach 'em later. Idaho would be perfect logistically, but we would have to get rid of Petrino and quit playing them as well. Since we never play Montana, maybe they would work. Get them to switch to our offense, heck our colors almost match.
Petrino is playing his kid at QB for UI.

No AD to tell him to cut the crap and no money to send him packing.....

Why the hell would any QB worth a damn want to step into that sh**show?

Petrino is playing his kid at QB for UI.

No AD to tell him to cut the crap and no money to send him packing.....

Why the hell would any QB worth a damn want to step into that sh**show?

I didn't say that Neville should have gone to Idaho. I was musing about a future relationship with a smaller school. And you missed this part of my post.

"Idaho would be perfect logistically, but we would have to get rid of Petrino and quit playing them"

I didn't say that Neville should have gone to Idaho. I was musing about a future relationship with a smaller school. And you missed this part of my post.

"Idaho would be perfect logistically, but we would have to get rid of Petrino and quit playing them"
"We?"
Meaning LoyalVandal and Kermit on Brand X?

A bit surprised to see him going the JC route. Rather expected him to end up somewhere in the Big Sky. I know next to nothing about "Last Chance" JC but would imagine that the academic quality would be better elsewhere.

A bit surprised to see him going the JC route. Rather expected him to end up somewhere in the Big Sky. I know next to nothing about "Last Chance" JC but would imagine that the academic quality would be better elsewhere.

Playing at East Mississippi will get him as much, or more, exposure as any school in the Big Sky or frankly, anywhere in FCS with the obvious implication to anyone looking that he intends to move on to bigger and better things. Heading to Scooba, MS shows that he still feels that he should be the starter at a major program. We'll see how it works out for him. It's too bad that Last Chance U is being filmed in Kansas now. It would have been interesting to get a better look at the experience.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
He isnt going for the academic quality. He is going for the exposure. He is going for the offense.

It is gonna be different lol. Rural Washington is gonna look like a metropolis once he gets there.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

It’s not about the academics. He’s hitting the reset button on his football career.

Can't wait for the new season of LCU. That series never disappoints, even last year with that nutbag Independence coach. I bet Calvin Jackson has some stories.

Flat, Biggs and dgibbons- I understand what you are saying but if he can't crack the top four at WSU then what are the chances that he will be successful somewhere else? Sometimes you have to just take the bull by the tail and face the situation. Best of luck to him football-wise but I think that it is time to concentrate on his education instead of chasing a dream.

Flat, Biggs and dgibbons- I understand what you are saying but if he can't crack the top four at WSU then what are the chances that he will be successful somewhere else? Sometimes you have to just take the bull by the tail and face the situation. Best of luck to him football-wise but I think that it is time to concentrate on his education instead of chasing a dream.

Don't get me wrong......I have zero expectations for Neville. All I see is that by picking the school he did.......he still has big expectations. As long as he's not competing against WSU.....I wish him well.

Who knows what those other schools have going? Might as well get some film and see what options are out there for you. Maybe another program picks him up, regardless of division, and he leads them to a league title?

Just because you cant get on the field at WSU doesnt mean you should pack it in altogether and just go to school.

Reactions: HCoug and Fab5Coug
Check out the story of Mike Reilly, a former 5th string QB at WSU who then transferred to Central Washington and was a runner up for NCAA Division II Player of the Year, then Canadian Football League MVP as well as Grey Cup MVP for the Edmonton Eskimos. He also was on the practice squads of 4 different NFL teams during his career. I know he didn't transfer to a JC, but he also didn't give up his football dream by riding the bench at WSU or quitting the game altogether.

Glad Cougar

I guess you haven’t watched the movie Rock Star to learn a very inspirational and important message: “if you work hard enough, and you want it bad enough..dreams do come true. So follow your dreams....”

He's, what, 19?

Keep chasing your dream kid.

Or he's got a thing for the hotty academic advisor at EMU..

she left guys slumped on her office floor after counseling................. next please?

Screen-Shot-2016-08-08-at-12.08.43-AM-1024x518.png

Last edited:
Kayak, agree that Connor didn't crack our top 4...just further confirms that he needs PT if he is to continue to progress. I hope he gets it where he is going.

she left guys slumped on her office floor after counseling................. next please?

Screen-Shot-2016-08-08-at-12.08.43-AM-1024x518.png

That young man has had a tough go. He had faced more adversity in his life by the time this photo was taken than most of us will face in our lifetimes.

I would agree that it prob isnt a good look. I am also understanding of his situation and realize riding his ass to the point of frustration will prob get him nowhere. Some things you let go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT