ADVERTISEMENT

Four Cougs and a Fusky were golfing...

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
no, its not the start of a joke, it was my Monday afternoon.

Anyway, a player who we didn't know was a dawg was playing solo in a cart behind us, and we were walking, so we waved him through. As he approached I saw his purple and piss attire and golf gear and said something along the lines of "I supposed we'll still let him play through, but I need to hear a go Cougs first."

His reply was something along the lines of "I actually root for the Cougs when they don't play the dawgs, and who I really hate is the ducks. Right? We all hate the ducks?"

So... jack husky or just a condescending prick? Either way, the fact that the Cougs don't garner enough respect to maintain a rivaly makes me sick.

So, preemptive non-apology because I will lose my shit and get completely irrational when we get our asses kicked once again in the AC. Fck the Huskies.

Reactions: SDCoug and 79COUG

Anyway, a player who we didn't know was a dawg was playing solo in a cart behind us, and we were walking, so we waved him through. As he approached I saw his purple and piss attire and golf gear and said something along the lines of "I supposed we'll still let him play through, but I need to hear a go Cougs first."

His reply was something along the lines of "I actually root for the Cougs when they don't play the dawgs, and who I really hate is the ducks. Right? We all hate the ducks?"

So... jack husky or just a condescending prick? Either way, the fact that the Cougs don't garner enough respect to maintain a rivaly makes me sick.

So, preemptive non-apology because I will lose my shit and get completely irrational when we get our asses kicked once again in the AC. Fck the Huskies.

True...we don't deserve to call our game with the UW a rivalry. We have shown we don't belong on the same field with them. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Our real rival is Utah. Just ask Leach...he'll confirm.

The UW had lost to Oregon 12 times in a row so by their own definition Oregon wasn't exactly their rival. The UW dominated Oregon the last 2 years, WSU the last 5, and Oregon State the last 6 years. None of us seem exactly poised to change that in the near future.

True...we don't deserve to call our game with the UW a rivalry. We have shown we don't belong on the same field with them. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

OK, the Leach/Utah thing is BS. I wish you would stop saying that. Leach is from Wyoming, and went to school at BYU. No connection to Utah.

As for mutts, I tease them every time I see them. Just the other night at Winco, here was a 20-something mutt couple. Her in a sweatshirt, him with hat. The only Coug thing I had with me was my WSU lanyard (keychain). So I walked up and said " I found this in the parking lot and thought it might be yours". Took them a bit to get the joke (mutts are a little slow as we all know), then they got it and laughed. A "Go Cougs" to them and off I went.

No the real mutts don't despise us as we do them, and it goes beyond the FB field. Face it, we are the little brother. Always will be. So the golf guy was not condescending, just doesn't feel the same emotion. Similar to the reason they don't say "Go mutts" when they see another one. They also don;t have that affinity. It's a Coug thing, you see.

Now a while back (also at Winco) I ran across a fat sloppy-looking 60ish guy in a mutt sweatshirt. I gave him a little light hearted crap, and he got kind of worked up. I told my favorite joke - "What do a hardcore Coug fan and hardcore mutt fan have in common? Neither one went to the uw." And he got downright unpleasant. Of course it turns out that he was a CC grad with no mutt ties at all. But he's hardcore and thinks we suck. I really enjoyed pissing him off. :D

Reactions: Coug90
OK, the Leach/Utah thing is BS. I wish you would stop saying that. Leach is from Wyoming, and went to school at BYU. No connection to Utah.

As for mutts, I tease them every time I see them. Just the other night at Winco, here was a 20-something mutt couple. Her in a sweatshirt, him with hat. The only Coug thing I had with me was my WSU lanyard (keychain). So I walked up and said " I found this in the parking lot and thought it might be yours". Took them a bit to get the joke (mutts are a little slow as we all know), then they got it and laughed. A "Go Cougs" to them and off I went.

No the real mutts don't despise us as we do them, and it goes beyond the FB field. Face it, we are the little brother. Always will be. So the golf guy was not condescending, just doesn't feel the same emotion. Similar to the reason they don't say "Go mutts" when they see another one. They also don;t have that affinity. It's a Coug thing, you see.

Now a while back (also at Winco) I ran across a fat sloppy-looking 60ish guy in a mutt sweatshirt. I gave him a little light hearted crap, and he got kind of worked up. I told my favorite joke - "What do a hardcore Coug fan and hardcore mutt fan have in common? Neither one went to the uw." And he got downright unpleasant. Of course it turns out that he was a CC grad with no mutt ties at all. But he's hardcore and thinks we suck. I really enjoyed pissing him off. :D
I was in Hawaii, walked out of the apartment and a neighbor had rented out their place. Had a younger couple decked out in Purple. I laughed, pointed to my WSU hat and said Go Cougs. They looked confused and it took a while but they finally realized it was a sports thing. He was a med grad and was doing research at Ewe. Didn't even know what/where WSU was. He thought he was funny by saying something like, "yeah, Go sports" but it just made me laugh more.

Some get all out of wack because they don't even follow sports and are so "academic" they get all upset that sports might be inferred by their purple and pee.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
From the Husky perspective, the Cougs are a rivalry. The Ducks are a vendetta. Two non-comparable things.

I was in Hawaii, walked out of the apartment and a neighbor had rented out their place. Had a younger couple decked out in Purple. I laughed, pointed to my WSU hat and said Go Cougs. They looked confused and it took a while but they finally realized it was a sports thing. He was a med grad and was doing research at Ewe. Didn't even know what/where WSU was. He thought he was funny by saying something like, "yeah, Go sports" but it just made me laugh more.

Some get all out of wack because they don't even follow sports and are so "academic" they get all upset that sports might be inferred by their purple and pee.

What is kind of annoying is the folks who wear Coug stuff, but don't get the "Go Cougs" that goes with it. Can't tell you how many times they have either laughed or just looked at me when I give them the "Go Cougs".

One time (also in Hawaii) a young lady was jogging by, Coug hat on, and I gave her the Go Cougs. She looked at me like I was (pick your harasser) and practically sprinted off.

Reactions: Coug90
What is kind of annoying is the folks who wear Coug stuff, but don't get the "Go Cougs" that goes with it. Can't tell you how many times they have either laughed or just looked at me when I give them the "Go Cougs".

One time (also in Hawaii) a young lady was jogging by, Coug hat on, and I gave her the Go Cougs. She looked at me like I was (pick your harasser) and practically sprinted off.

So, maybe it's just you? Loil: the clueless creeper...
20150724_223037_resized-576x1024.jpg

I was in Japan for much of last month. Saw several Coug hats; all the same one...gray ball cap with crimson/silver logo. I approached each person wearing them. One knew immediately what it was; another figured it out when I said "Pullman". They wear all kinds of US logo and knockoff US logo stuff. But it was interesting. I saw Ivy League stuff. I saw one Florida hat, so I guess the SEC was represented. But no; zero; nada B10, B12 or other PAC gear.

Not surprised he was playing alone. Huskies are no fun to drink with so they sure as hell aren’t any fun to spend five hours on the golf course with. You did the right thing letting the miserable SOB play through.

Agreed this has happened to me multiple times as well. If you are gonna wear the gear you better damn well be ready with a GO COUGS back.

Agreed this has happened to me multiple times as well. If you are gonna wear the gear you better damn well be ready with a GO COUGS back.

Hah - so yesterday I was out walking (wearing a Coug shirt of course) and a bunch of bicyclists came by across the street. One gal in the pack shouted something and gave me the thumbs up. It took me second to realize she had said "Go Cougs". So I quickly responded in kind.

Best part is the person I was with just sighs everytime I do the Go Cougs out in public or tease someone in mutt gear. This time they shouted it to me! Vindication. :p

It's a Coug thing. They just don't (and never will) understand.

Reactions: SDCoug and ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT