ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State making a pushing for Pac-12 or Big-12

Curious where we land with expansion. Plus 4? Fresno St., UNLV, San Diego St. and SMU?

Position Fresno as the LA replacement team. They could do some games at SoFi would be my guess.

Clever to lobby for the B12 spot. Might force us to add them to box out another conference expanding into California. George K made a huge miscalculation by not expanding into Texas when the B12 was on the ropes.

Clever to lobby for the B12 spot. Might force us to add them to box out another conference expanding into California. George K made a huge miscalculation by not expanding into Texas when the B12 was on the ropes.
USC kiboshed the idea.

Fresno state isn’t very interesting, but if the PAC is going to expand there aren’t a lot of good options.

USC kiboshed the idea.

They don't have unilateral veto power. We should have countered with a willingness to squash the idea in exchange for a 15 year GOR. If USC declined the rest of the conference could have moved forward with expansion. The second they balked it became clear they were a threat to bolt. The new commissioner didn't recognize the threat which is unforgivable after watching the SEC stab the B12 in the back. He needed to kill the B12 off when he had the chance, didn't, and now the P12 could easily fold. Especially if Oregon is gumming up the works (because, surprise, they are looking to bail too).

I like it...gives me another reason to visit my sister and her family in Clovis...in the Fall.

The PAC tried like hell to kill the BIG 12 off in 2010 when they thought they had Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St. Then again in 2011 when they tried again, this time offering Texas, TT, Oklahoma and Kansas. Scott had the right idea. It was close, but he failed. In 2012 Scott thought he had Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. but he could not get the votes from the PAC presidents and chancellors, they said no Texas, no deal. Stoops wanted to take Oklahoma West and Boren, the OU president, publicly said they were headed to the PAC. Think what the PAC would look like with the 2011 additions. Water over the dam.

Reactions: 425cougfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT