ADVERTISEMENT

Fun game

Agree on all of the above. Rosario looked the same but different. Much more decisive and comfortable. It might not amount to much of a role this year, but still love his upside.

Powell and Mullins were efficient. Rodman and Gueye had good games as well.

We need Jakimovski back.

I really liked what I saw. I think there is plenty of depth, although the depth is very young. I think the height and length on the perimeter is going to be an asset on both ends. The only real negative I saw was that they struggled when pressed. They were easily able to get up court but then had trouble getting into their offense.

Liked the look of three big guards in the zone. Looks like all three are versatile scorers which will be nice after being a tad one dimensional last few years. I liked Kymany’s length and athleticism. Crespin has skill and court since but lacks athleticism. Solid minutes from Rosario was nice to see.

I only saw a small bit of the first half and see most of the comments are about ball movement and O. How’d the D look?

Powell's bio is impressive. The announcer last night said he won Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky. He had offers from Kentucky, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, and Xavier, but signed with Auburn. Dude had 26 points vs. Memphis and South Alabama as true freshman before suffering a severe concussion. Transferred to Tennessee, didn't fit in, and now he's with us.

I could tell watching him bring the ball up the court the first time that he was special. No dribble hesitation with either hand, head always up, fires his passes on target, can shoot well and finish at the rim with either hand. He's also 6'5+.

Very intriguing player to watch.

Reactions: mikalalas
Powell and Mullins were spot shooters at their previous stops. They both looked capable of doing more. I really liked their feel for the game and decision making. Powell has a high ceiling.

This feels a bit like 'The Natural' after Hobbs takes batting practice for the first time. "Red, this is practice. We'll see."

Boise State up next. Hopefully we are closer to a complete rotation. Seeing Diongue was a bit dinged up as well.

Reactions: mikalalas
Powell and Mullins were spot shooters at their previous stops. They both looked capable of doing more. I really liked their feel for the game and decision making. Powell has a high ceiling.

This feels a bit like 'The Natural' after Hobbs takes batting practice for the first time. "Red, this is practice. We'll see."

Boise State up next. Hopefully we are closer to a complete rotation. Seeing Diongue was a bit dinged up as well.
I don't know if he'll become an elite all around player, but his ball handling and passing skills are high D1 level already. Best ball handling point guard we've had in years.

Texas State was 21-8 won conference, only kept out of NCAA because lost one and only 1 game in conference tournament, and made it to NIT.

That's who WSU BLEW AWAY, DESTROYED by 22 points, despite being discombobulated, lack of Jelling, Chemistry, playing together in 1st half and despite 2,3 injuries.

And 6-6 ATHLETIC Powell, IF IF he keeps up putting up 12, TWELVE ASSIST, 14 POINTS, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, floor burns, hustle, good defense, 3 of 5 from 3 point, etc, ALL COMBINED TOGETHER, will probably end up in NBA, with Gueye.

ALSO Can imagine how awesomely good WSU will be when Jaki, Jackson back from injuries, etc, and Jell, develop chemistry, play together, etc.

Texas State was 21-8 won conference, only kept out of NCAA because lost one and only 1 game in conference tournament, and made it to NIT.

That's who WSU BLEW AWAY, DESTROYED by 22 points, despite being discombobulated, lack of Jelling, Chemistry, playing together in 1st half and despite 2,3 injuries.

And 6-6 ATHLETIC Powell, IF IF he keeps up putting up 12, TWELVE ASSIST, 14 POINTS, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, floor burns, hustle, good defense, 3 of 5 from 3 point, etc, ALL COMBINED TOGETHER, will probably end up in NBA, with Gueye.

ALSO Can imagine how awesomely good WSU will be when Jaki, Jackson back from injuries, etc, and Jell, develop chemistry, play together, etc.

And to think the LAME PAC 12 MEDIA POLL, STUPIDLY DISAGREES WITH ESPN, 247, Rivals, Athlon, Phil Steel, etc, etc, and stupidly picks WSU 8th, instead of 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, like the experts have, and have stupidly picked ASU ahead of WSU.

ESPN predicts WSU 7th, 247 predicted WSU 8th, Rivals WSU 8th and Phil Steel well he does football so I couldn’t find any opinion he has expressed and it wouldn’t be very relevant anyway.
Also Texas State “lost one and only one game in conference tournament “ makes me wonder if you realize a team can only loose one game in a conference tournament.
Team looked solid last night it’s great to be excited about Powell but do you really need to talk NBA already.
FYI check Koulibaly in his SMU debut. 12 mins 1 points. One of many you thought were NBA bound.

ESPN predicts WSU 7th, 247 predicted WSU 8th, Rivals WSU 8th and Phil Steel well he does football so I couldn’t find any opinion he has expressed and it wouldn’t be very relevant anyway.
Also Texas State “lost one and only one game in conference tournament “ makes me wonder if you realize a team can only loose one game in a conference tournament.
Team looked solid last night it’s great to be excited about Powell but do you really need to talk NBA already.
FYI check Koulibaly in his SMU debut. 12 mins 1 points. One of many you thought were NBA bound.

I said IF IF IF IF Powell CONTINUES to put up TWELVE,12 assist, 5 rebounds, 14+ points, 3+ out of 5 from 3 point, 2 steals, 1 block, good defense, PER, EACH GAME to go with his PROTO NBA 6-6 PROTO PG, SG FRAME, ATHLETICISM.

IF IF IF IF IF he does ALL that EACH, EVERY GAME, he would probably go-to NBA.

I DID NOT say he would do that or would goto NBA.

I actually wonder, question, doubt if he can, will, would do that.

So far, a good start.

You need to work on reading comprehension, and not just seeing the word NBA, and then immediately freaking out.

When I mentioned the ones that said 8th, I meant THOSE TYPES, meaning the ESPN, 247, Rivals, Phil Steel, Athlon, etc, in general, are projecting WSU 6th,7th, and usually not 8th, and the ones saying 8th are in the minority, and that the ones saying 8th, is the west coast PAC 12 media.

And usually those that predict 8th, usually don't predict ASU, ahead of WSU.

ASU LOST A LOT, WERE AWFUL last year. No way in Hell should ASU be ranked ahead of WSU in 7th, ahead of WSU at 8th.

And like I said MOST rightfully have WSU battling it out with Stanford, Colorado, to determine the 5,6,7 spots, and that 7th, at semi worst, and 8th at ultimate extreme worst.

And after WSU DESTROYED, BLEW OUT a NCAA LEVEL, NIT 21-8 CONFERENCE CHAMPION, by 22 points, with HAVING LOTS OF INJURIES, WITH HAVING CHEMISTRY ISSUES, ETC, USUALLY teams with that many problems, usually don't destroy a team that good, unless they are that good or better themselves.

WSU played like a 3rd or 4th in PAC 12 team.

And that's with problems.

Once WSU gets both Jackson and Jaki back and once this team truly jells, develops chemistry, plays together, etc, WSU will be EXTREMELY GOOD, and will have a range of tied for 4th AT BEST, and will play LIKE a 2, 3,4 in PAC 12, NCAA, NIT final 2 team.

Remember last season WSU was either just barely beating or just barely losing to Texas St TYPE teams, and they certainly weren't BLOWING OUT, DESTROYING Texas St TYPE teams, by 22 last season.

That suggest that this year's team might probably be BETTER then last year's team.

I didn't realize that Diongue was dinged up as well. I thought the reason why he only got 2 minutes, during a injury to Jaki, was because of a combination between going with a small lineup, because of Texas St's smaller frontcourt, and Diongue maybe semi probably not being ready, because if he was ready, he probably would have played, or started, unless he was injured as well.

It wasnt me that said that Koulibaly was a one and done, would goto NBA.

I was just repeating, parroting, etc, what they said, say.

And during a interview Koulibaly confirmed that experts, players, coaches, media, etc, were saying he was a one and done NBA prospect.

He didn't reach his ON PAPER POTENTIAL, UPSIDE.

Part of that was his ATTITUDE, kinda like Isabell, Reggie Moore, Dominic Ellison, etc, having BAD ATTITUDES, PROBLEMS, PISSING their UPSIDE, POTENTIAL, DOWN the TOILET.

A player might very well have ON PAPER UPSIDE POTENTIAL of making it to NBA, etc.

But that doesn't mean they are GUARANTEED to MAKE IT.

They still have to have the right attitude, WORK on their game, DEVELOP, etc, and still have to REACH that.

There are a number of NBA LOTTERY picks, that had the ON PAPER potential, but were TERRIBLY BAD.

Same kind of thing can happen with One and done, NBA on paper prospects, with On Paper potential, upside.

Not all of them are going to pan out.

Last edited:
All I’m saying is slow your roll, it’s one game against a decent but certainly far from great opponent.

Reactions: cougcowboy
It wasnt me that said that Koulibaly was a one and done, would goto NBA.

I was just repeating, parroting, etc, what they said, say.

And during a interview Koulibaly confirmed that experts, players, coaches, media, etc, were saying he was a one and done NBA prospect.

He didn't reach his ON PAPER POTENTIAL, UPSIDE.

Part of that was his ATTITUDE, kinda like Isabell, Reggie Moore, Dominic Ellison, etc, having BAD ATTITUDES, PROBLEMS, PISSING their UPSIDE, POTENTIAL, DOWN the TOILET.

A player might very well have ON PAPER UPSIDE POTENTIAL of making it to NBA, etc.

But that doesn't mean they are GUARANTEED to MAKE IT.

They still have to have the right attitude, WORK on their game, DEVELOP, etc, and still have to REACH that.

There are a number of NBA LOTTERY picks, that had the ON PAPER potential, but were TERRIBLY BAD.

Same kind of thing can happen with One and done, NBA on paper prospects, with On Paper potential, upside.

Not all of them are going to pan out.

Also even tho some have not panned out.

Some have and are panning out:

Gueye, Efe, CJ, Klay, Flowers(bouncing around on cusp, border, between overseas pros, and temporarily playing on a G League, NBA roster, as a free agent.)

Franks, and CJ kinda came out of nowhere, surprised me. CJ I didn't predict to NBA right out the gate, and didn't predict until at the end of his freshman year.

So there is Koulibaly(Experts had him as a Prospect(who pissed his prospecthood into toilet.

Noah(NBA bloodlines, and in beginning sure as hell looked like pro prospect, experts had him as a Prospect), while the book not closed is pissing into toilet.

Jaki(one of WSU's highest rated recruits EVER, and turned down a PRO contract, money, to come to play at WSU, experts had as a Prospect), who likely will be like flowers and bounce back and forth between overseas pro ball, and temporary FA on G League, NBA, a on cusp, borderline player that will take some more time, then usual.

Isabell, who the experts said was a prospect, had NBA mentors, tutors, destroyed NBA players at the PRO AMS, who pissed into the toilet, got better, plays Pro Am circuit, plays overseas as semi pro

Reggie Moore, who experts said was a prospect, played like a prospect, pissed into toilet, plays Pro Am circuit played overseas pro ball.

So when, if I project a player as a PROSPECT for NBA, USUALLY it's for a good reason, and usually, I am not the only one, and usually the EXPERTS have them as a prospect, and USUALLY about 47% of the time, I end up right, and the times that I was wrong, USUALLY it was because they pissed their potential down the toilet.

Last edited:
MI or whoever Moderator is. I kept getting a ERROR message, that Kept saying that it couldn't post what I was trying to post, and because of that I kept on trying to repost, and the ERROR message was wrong and it was posting, and so I accidentally posted the same thing over and over because of the Error message.
Then I tried to delete the extra repeat messages, and got a Error message that said that couldn't delete the extra repeat messages.

Can you please fix this, thanks.

If all these players pissing into the toilet seems odd to you, I have to ask. Where do you piss?
Oh as far as not being able to post…you may have reached your word limit for answering your own posts.

The NBA is freakishly competitive. Roster spots are the most difficult to earn of any of our professional sports leagues. High D1 kids who average 20+/game in college frequently fail to make NBA rosters.

Powell was getting some NBA talk in his 10 games (or whatever) at Auburn. IDK if I saw an NBA guy in Powell. I doubt he’s on NBA draft boards. He has an intriguing package though. Needs to prove he can stay on the court. Can he guard at that level? I’m good watching how he unfolds for the next 2 years.

I’m liking Mullins as well. He looked a lot more like the player I saw in the high school highlights than just a spot up shooter for the Gael’s. He doesn’t have Bamba’s explosiveness, but also a good athlete.

It’s a shame we don’t have Jackson to anchor this roster.

Reactions: cougcowboy
Powell was getting some NBA talk in his 10 games (or whatever) at Auburn. IDK if I saw an NBA guy in Powell. I doubt he’s on NBA draft boards. He has an intriguing package though. Needs to prove he can stay on the court. Can he guard at that level? I’m good watching how he unfolds for the next 2 years.

I’m liking Mullins as well. He looked a lot more like the player I saw in the high school highlights than just a spot up shooter for the Gael’s. He doesn’t have Bamba’s explosiveness, but also a good athlete.

It’s a shame we don’t have Jackson to anchor this roster.

AGAIN I WAS NOT SAYING POWELL WAS, IS A NBA PROSPECT or not.

I DONT KNOW YET.

WE DONT KNOW YET.

And your right that he is not on any early future 2023, 2024 draft boards.

And the EXPERTS DO NOT have him as a NBA PROSPECT.

All I said WAS IF IF IF IF IF IF(IS THAT ENOUGH IFS), Powell CONTINUES, CONTINUES to put up 12, TWELVE ASSIST, 3 of 5 from 3, 5 rebounds, 14 POINTS, 2 STEALS, 1 BLOCK, 1 TAKE A CHARGE, FLOOR BURNS, GOOD DEFENSE, ALL OF THAT COMBINED TOGETHER, EACH GAME, AT THE VERY LEAST, that IF he did that, THAT THEN he would be a NBA PROSPECT, play in the NBA, with his 6-6, NBA PROTO PG, SG, ATHLETIC FRAME.

LOTS OF IF THEN THERE.

And that does NOT mean that will happen.

In fact, I question, wonder, doubt, etc, that that all that could, would, happen.

We will see.

In any case, he will probably be a semi good player for WSU, even if he doesn't go to NBA.

He is supposed to according to Jackson and Smith, supposed to semi indefinitely be out for between some to a semi lot of to semi almost semi most of the season, and might probably be back playing again sometime later on in the season.

Jackson, Smith, wouldn't say more then that, wouldn't say what the problem was, if he needed surgery, etc.

There are unconfirmed(By Jackson, Smith, Official Source) rumors that are probably true that supposedly Jackson has had surgery.

Jackson had surgery, he posted it himself. He still hasn’t said what his problem is, hopefully successful both for his basketball career and his overall health.
most surgeries I’ve had have a 6 to 8 week recovery time. Which I assume would be extended longer before he would be cleared to play basketball. Plus probably not being in shape or game ready right out of the blocks. I doubt we see Jackson this year and if we do probably not at full strength.

Jackson had surgery, he posted it himself. He still hasn’t said what his problem is, hopefully successful both for his basketball career and his overall health.
most surgeries I’ve had have a 6 to 8 week recovery time. Which I assume would be extended longer before he would be cleared to play basketball. Plus probably not being in shape or game ready right out of the blocks. I doubt we see Jackson this year and if we do probably not at full strength.

Even if he can, could come back and play at end of season, or in Post Season, he is better off, and WSU is better off, just having him redshirt this year, and come back next season. Then he would have 1 more year after that season.

If he plays this season or post season, then he uses up his eligibility, and would have to leave after next season.

He is better off preserving that eligibility for the extra season.

No he has a Covid year

Ok forgot about that. But still if he redshirts this season, he could get this season and 2 more seasons(1 his senior season + 1 COVID season). That's 3 total seasons(1 redshirt + 1 senior + 1 COVID)

But if he doesn't redshirt, he only gets 2 seasons, instead of 3.

I think Jackson is one of those CUSP, BORDELINE players that theoretically could either get drafted bottom of 2nd round, or undrafted FA NBA roster or drafted/undrafted FA NBA G LEAGUE or TOP overseas pro league contract, that might take some development time to make a NBA roster(Comparable to Aron Baynes in that regard)

But ONLY if he gets his MAX years, seasons, like Aron Baynes(who had 4,5 years)

So Jackson redshirting, getting 3 year, instead of not redshirting and only getting 2 more years would probably be better for both Jackson and WSU.

ADVERTISEMENT