ADVERTISEMENT

Game cancelled

I have heard from some people that feel confident that's true, but nothing official. The charter flight is showing it was cancelled in flight tracker.

EnTIOoDVoAAddVy

Now What ? ! In this season that never should have happened ? ! IF any more games are played, clear the bench and play everyone that can play ! F$$K the score, just play and think of it as a chance to help plan for the future IF there is going to be a future. Start thinking about 2021 - will it happen ??

Here in WA we can all thank idiot Inslee for destroying the state's business ! How's that for a happy Thanksgiving ? ! As for this " promised vaccine " - tell you what, let the scum Dogs try it first, there are plenty of left of libs in King county that should enjoy MORE suffering !

Put a big heap of that on your Costco pumpkin pie !

Now What ? ! In this season that never should have happened ? ! IF any more games are played, clear the bench and play everyone that can play ! F$$K the score, just play and think of it as a chance to help plan for the future IF there is going to be a future. Start thinking about 2021 - will it happen ??

Here in WA we can all thank idiot Inslee for destroying the state's business ! How's that for a happy Thanksgiving ? ! As for this " promised vaccine " - tell you what, let the scum Dogs try it first, there are plenty of left of libs in King county that should enjoy MORE suffering !

You believe bar business with the current out break would be at what percentage . Other businesses ? Just curious. Without the vaccine the economy struggles regardless .

But a friend in bio tech biz is thrilled with the two vaccines and most people that need it will have opportunity to be vaccinated by late June .

Do you believe the games should be played ?

Costco makes a pretty F’in good pumpkin pie...just sayin

Reactions: walzuu
You believe bar business with the current out break would be at what percentage . Other businesses ? Just curious. Without the vaccine the economy struggles regardless .

But a friend in bio tech biz is thrilled with the two vaccines and most people that need it will have opportunity to be vaccinated by late June .

Do you believe the games should be played ?
How many times was Paul Saban (or Leach or Doba) below 53 players?

Heard Sweeney was low because of Bert Clark causing players to quit due to his abuse but different era (and no freshman eligible)

Ayden Hector and Lucas Bacon are starters who don't count toward our 53 player minimum.

Nine players are in Covid protocol. Meaning we are below the minimum due to a bunch of opt outs and injuries.

Inslee is indeed an idiot...and corrupt...and a liar...and incompetent.

I'd have a little respect if he'd forgoe his income while locking everyone down. That would be leadership.

Silly me. And here I thought it was Covid that is destroying the state's business.

Reactions: sellas
Silly me. And here I thought it was Covid that is destroying the state's business.
It was the reaction to covid...not covid.

We had choices. The government had choices.

I'm old enough to recall the 1968/69 Hong Kong influenza outbreak. It killed 600k Americans (1.2M today adjusted for population growth). Nothing shut down as far as I can recall. Not even the schools.

Anyway...we could debate this issue for hours.

It was the reaction to covid...not covid.

We had choices. The government had choices.

I'm old enough to recall the 1968/69 Hong Kong influenza outbreak. It killed 600k Americans (1.2M today adjusted for population growth). Nothing shut down as far as I can recall. Not even the schools.

Anyway...we could debate this issue for hours.

Not sure where you got 600k. The CDC estimate is under 100k and wikipedia says between 34k and 100k.

Not sure where you got 600k. The CDC estimate is under 100k and wikipedia says between 34k and 100k.
You're right. The Spanish flu killed around 600K in the US which adjusted for population would be about 2M today.

There are no known public comments that Woodrow Wilson (a horrific president) made about this devastating flu. None. Imagine that.

The HK flu killed over 100K in the US and there were no lockdowns as far as I know.

So take that!

Last edited:
You're right. The Spanish flu killed around 600K in the US which adjusted for population would be about 2M today.

There are no known public comments that Woodrow Wilson (a horrific president) made about this devastating flu. None. Imagine that.

The HK flu killed over 100K in the US and there were no lockdowns as far as I know.

So take that!
Not only did he not say anything, but Wilson militarized health care, snatched up nurses & resources, and shipped them to France with the troops...on overcrowded troop ships that turned into flu breeding grounds. He actively created resource and staffing shortages, which actually led to hospital closures as the pandemic was ramping up.

Then again, there was a war on, with a legitimate need for nurses, which emerged before the flu did...and without American intervention it’s entirely possible that Germany could have won, or at least gotten a much more favorable armistice (although it could be reasonably argued that the flu had as much to do with their defeat as the Yanks did).

Also worth noting that at that time, healthcare was much more state-managed, there was little public health effort at the federal level. But what federal control there was, Wilson’s use made circumstances worse.

Also worth noting that even As bad as the Spanish flu was (2.5-5% mortality, killed 1 of every 200 people nationwide)there were a lot of Americans who refused masks and basic disease control measures, and resisted any closures.

Reactions: Fab5Coug

So take that!

I guess I don't see your point. We are living through the deadliest flu pandemic in a century and you think that the actions of a terrible president over 100 years ago is meaningful? My co-worker's dad is in the ICU and might die this week. My wife is a nurse and she said that she's hearing through the grapevine that here locally, 10% of the people who go to the hospital for COVID are dying right now.

But hey, if you want to pretend like this is no big deal because you are worried about not getting to watch a football game....knock yourself out.

They are back to cancelling elective Surgeries in Spokane. This time it makes sense based on hospital and staffing numbers.

I guess I don't see your point. We are living through the deadliest flu pandemic in a century and you think that the actions of a terrible president over 100 years ago is meaningful? My co-worker's dad is in the ICU and might die this week. My wife is a nurse and she said that she's hearing through the grapevine that here locally, 10% of the people who go to the hospital for COVID are dying right now.

But hey, if you want to pretend like this is no big deal because you are worried about not getting to watch a football game....knock yourself out.

To begin, it is called the Spanish Flu because the press in Spain, who was not involved in WWI, were free to report about it. Kansas appears to have been its origin. Censorship was widespread because no one wanted to let the "Central Powers" know that "the Allies" had serious health problems in the ranks. It would lower morale and invite an offensive. Any suggestion that Wilson made no mention of it because it was "minor" and not worthwhile, is a misunderstanding to the situation.

The problem with this virus isn't the science, it is the misapplication of that science to real life circumstances. The omissions, rules and edicts frequently don't have a rational relationship to the underlying science. Case in point, California's late hour curfew. It is clearly intended to stop late night revelry, but there is nothing to suggest that it is a driving cause of the spread of the infection. Now look at where the infection centers in California, in poor Latino communities. No actions are being undertaken to address this or help these people. In turn, Kansas and the Mid-Western states, despite being bless with very low population densities, which should have been a huge help, blew it in terms of protecting their people by shamefully pretending the virus was more a political/media conspiracy than a bastard killer of the aged and infirmed, until it was too late.

Their is a reason why the USA has third world deaths per million numbers and our game was cancelled, both sides of the political isle are panderers to their bases, not leaders.

To begin, it is called the Spanish Flu because the press in Spain, who was not involved in WWI, were free to report about it. Kansas appears to have been its origin. Censorship was widespread because no one wanted to let the "Central Powers" know that "the Allies" had serious health problems in the ranks. It would lower morale and invite an offensive. Any suggestion that Wilson made no mention of it because it was "minor" and not worthwhile, is a misunderstanding to the situation.

The problem with this virus isn't the science, it is the misapplication of that science to real life circumstances. The omissions, rules and edicts frequently don't have a rational relationship to the underlying science. Case in point, California's late hour curfew. It is clearly intended to stop late night revelry, but there is nothing to suggest that it is a driving cause of the spread of the infection. Now look at where the infection centers in California, in poor Latino communities. No actions are being undertaken to address this or help these people. In turn, Kansas and the Mid-Western states, despite being bless with very low population densities, which should have been a huge help, blew it in terms of protecting their people by shamefully pretending the virus was more a political/media conspiracy than a bastard killer of the aged and infirmed, until it was too late.

Their is a reason why the USA has third world deaths per million numbers and our game was cancelled, both sides of the political isle are panderers to their bases, not leaders.
Bingo!

Yup. Coworker of mines wife had 3 of her family out of 12 die in the UK. Flu doesn’t wipe out 25% of a family. I want to watch football too but keeping this thing from spreading and killing more people should be a priority. There’s no right answers. The economic shutdowns haven’t helped my wallet any either. I’m indifferent generally on Inslee but the constant hate on him is more of the same fan-boying BS we’ve been seeing for the last few years. Not sure WTF he or any other jurisdictional leader is supposed to do when a large chunk of the general population is too stubborn or ignorant to follow fairly basic scientific guidelines.

Kansas or a field hospital in France were the likely origins.

I’m no expert, but I think a correlation can be made between Midwestern states being largely spared on the early wave(s) and getting hit harder now.

What's the age demographic of those in the hospitals right now? It makes a difference when you're talking about how you handle an entire population and how you deal with a pandemic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT