ADVERTISEMENT

Gardner Minshew is raking in the endorsement deals

Should the season progress as expected (hoped for?), Gardner has got to show up big. They hype around him is just so much now... it'd be a shame for him to end up going down as just a passing fad.

Should the season progress as expected (hoped for?), Gardner has got to show up big. They hype around him is just so much now... it'd be a shame for him to end up going down as just a passing fad.
Just being in the top 15 will do it.

My hope is, with these deals, he retires early, not needing the money, showing the NFL the middle finger. That would be the perfect Minshew ending. The NFL is a pure business meat grinder. Gardner is way way too intelligent not to know it. My hope for him and every Coug, who make it to the NFL, is that they make a boat load, retiring early, so that they are able to play with the grand kids at 50, living pain free life. Longevity and records are pure fools gold in the NFL.

Reactions: 79COUG
My hope is, with these deals, he retires early, not needing the money, showing the NFL the middle finger. That would be the perfect Minshew ending. The NFL is a pure business meat grinder. Gardner is way way too intelligent not to know it. My hope for him and every Coug, who make it to the NFL, is that they make a boat load, retiring early, so that they are able to play with the grand kids at 50, living pain free life. Longevity and records are pure fools gold in the NFL.
Sort of an interesting take. I get where you are coming from There’s certainly guys who struggle to walk after age 50...but...Minshew seems to really love playing football, QBs make $30-40 mill a year now, and they are protected damn well with the rules in place. I think Minshews a guy who would just about play for free. There’s definitely a trade off, especially for the guys in the trenches. And the owners are making out like bandits printing money while their gladiators are wrecking each other.

My hope is Minshew returns home and coaches our football team. He can go work for the pirate for a few years, get some experience under his belt, and we name the stadium after him in 40 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT