ADVERTISEMENT

Gardner Minshew

I'd probably agree with you but what is your basis?
In-game experience, vast knowledge of the Air Raid and leadership. He spent most of his off season learning under Hal Mumme to help solidify his understanding of Leach's offensive system. I'd say he is the clear front runner.

Career stats the one that stands out is his TD to INT ratio, it's too high, if he doesn't clean it up, and is the starter, it will be a long year. 24 Td's 11 ints

I think it will be an interesting QB battle this fall. Who ever the starter is better be ready, because Wyoming is a solid football team, they return 17 starters, 8 on defense. Sure they lost Josh Allen, but their strength was their defense, which ranked number 9 scoring defense in the country last season. This is probably the toughest opening game opponent in years, and we have lost openers to teams not even close to Wyoming in talent level.

Career stats the one that stands out is his TD to INT ratio, it's too high, if he doesn't clean it up, and is the starter, it will be a long year. 24 Td's 11 ints
Yes, but looking at year 2016 to 2017 there was some improvement. Plus, he wasn't the full time starter in either year so there is something to be said about that.

I think it will be an interesting QB battle this fall. Who ever the starter is better be ready, because Wyoming is a solid football team, they return 17 starters, 8 on defense. Sure they lost Josh Allen, but their strength was their defense, which ranked number 9 scoring defense in the country last season. This is probably the toughest opening game opponent in years, and we have lost openers to teams not even close to Wyoming in talent level.

Wyoming actually opens up at New Mexico St who runs the Triple Option. So from going from that to the Air Raid might be the biggest swing any team will face this year. I think that's a benny for the Cougs.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I'm thinking Tinsley in a close race. I liked Tinsley in his first spring game as well as this last. He's got the intangible knack of finding open guys and making quick reads. He can also "dance" a little bit so he'll take a little pressure off the line.

Yes, but looking at year 2016 to 2017 there was some improvement. Plus, he wasn't the full time starter in either year so there is something to be said about that.

"...he wasn't the full time starter in either year so there is something to be said about that." I would ask why. They do not play at the PAC 12 level. Our quarterbacks are less experienced, but perhaps more talented. The most important trait in a quarterback for Leach is passing accuracy. I hope he develops it. I think the quarterback battle is wide open.

Wyoming actually opens up at New Mexico St who runs the Triple Option.

I wonder if CML was irked when he found out UW got to play a game before the Cougs arrive in Laramie?

Maybe it helps WSU's coaches for scouting purposes, but I think it puts WSU at a disadvantage.

Especially considering it's a road game at 7,100 feet elevation.

I wonder if CML was irked when he found out UW got to play a game before the Cougs arrive in Laramie?

Maybe it helps WSU's coaches for scouting purposes, but I think it puts WSU at a disadvantage.

Especially considering it's a road game at 7,100 feet elevation.

The elevation is an issue.

The game film will help some for WSU. The lack of game film for Wyoming will hurt in regards to what players are on the field and what they can do. In regards to the system, prob not a big deal.

The elevation is an issue.

The game film will help some for WSU. The lack of game film for Wyoming will hurt in regards to what players are on the field and what they can do. In regards to the system, prob not a big deal.

They only get one week to prepare for the Air Raid. That might make the difference.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT