ADVERTISEMENT

Bitch-fest about politics (formerly graduation thread)

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
My kid made it!
Btw... family coming in to town checked out hotels in the area. As a for instance.. motel 6 in Lewiston 600 bucks a night. I can see making your money while you can but good Lord.
They're all staying in Spokane and driving the hour and a half.

Last edited:
My kid made it!
Btw... family coming in to town checked out hotels in the area. As a for instance.. motel 6 in Lewiston 600 bucks a night. I can see making your money while you can but good Lord.
Just for fun, I checked hotels.com. You can get 1 room at the Siesta in Colfax for $104. Clarkston Motel 6 shows $296.

Haven't stayed at a Motel 6 in almost 25 years. Last one I recall was somewhere east Spokane. My company's admin booked it for me because it as $29/night. I looked in the room. Smelled what I suspect was meth. There were a couple of women with a lot of miles on them roaming the halls offering their services. I slept in my truck and I've made my own travel arrangements ever since.

They haven’t shut campus down with the sniveling idiots protesting?

They’d be better served bitching about things that will actually affect their lives than matters thousands of miles across the sea - inflation, border control, mountainous debt, housing affordability.

But virtue signaling is cool I guess.

My kid made it!
I attended a family member graduation in Pullman some years back and I couldn't even get a room in Spokane. The only thing I found was a room at a Holiday Inn Express in Cheney. Another family member was lucky and found a Fairfield Inn in Moscow.

They’d be better served bitching about things that will actually affect their lives than matters thousands of miles across the sea - inflation, border control, mountainous debt, housing affordability.

I can’t wait to see how 10% tariffs will solve inflation.

Just for fun, I checked hotels.com. You can get 1 room at the Siesta in Colfax for $104. Clarkston Motel 6 shows $296.

Haven't stayed at a Motel 6 in almost 25 years. Last one I recall was somewhere east Spokane. My company's admin booked it for me because it as $29/night. I looked in the room. Smelled what I suspect was meth. There were a couple of women with a lot of miles on them roaming the halls offering their services. I slept in my truck and I've made my own travel arrangements ever since.
Interesting. My sister sent me a screenshot of the booking dot com price 3 weeks ago. Must have dropped their prices.

I spent a night at Motel 6 in Oakland. Hookerz would have been better than whatever the hell was going on outside of my room.

I attended a family member graduation in Pullman some years back and I couldn't even get a room in Spokane. The only thing I found was a room at a Holiday Inn Express in Cheney. Another family member was lucky and found a Fairfield Inn in Moscow.
If I was still in school I’d throw bunk beds in all of the rooms and rent out a room every big weekend. You could have your rent paid for 1/2 the school year, or a shit ton of extra beer money if ma and pa we’re paying rent. Seems like a pretty easy hack if you are a student in Pullman living in a 2-4 BR house with roommates. Wonder why this isn’t a thing.

If I was still in school I’d throw bunk beds in all of the rooms and rent out a room every big weekend. You could have your rent paid for 1/2 the school year, or a shit ton of extra beer money if ma and pa we’re paying rent. Seems like a pretty easy hack if you are a student in Pullman living in a 2-4 BR house with roommates. Wonder why this isn’t a thing.
WHen I was there, a lot of the houses that had 2-4 guys living in them weren't fit for rental by the time graduation came around.

You knew it was just a matter of time before one of the lunatic fringe here tried to start a conflagration by inserting this topic into a completely unrelated thread. I’m just surprised it wasn’t Stretch.

On top of keeping out and deporting illegal Mexicans - all that construction and food labor gone. Some peoples is stupid and hopelessly naive about how the world works.

Hey man, can't you see the economy is in the ta...

WHAT'S THAT? STUDENTS TAKING OVER CAMPUSES? IN AN ELECTION YEAR? YOU DON'T SAY!!!!!!!!

My kid made it!
Tomorrow will be a nice day for graduation. Congrats.

My daughter starts in August.

Argonne exit I would wager. Did it have the vibrating bed?

Technicalities. Leases generally require the landlord's consent for subletting.

And that would require work when a lot of students are hauling ass for home.

On top of keeping out and deporting illegal Mexicans - all that construction and food labor gone. Some peoples is stupid and hopelessly naive about how the world works.
Not really all that many Mexicans. And things seemed OK before Biden. A labor market was tight, but wages were increasing while inflation was flat.

WHen I was there, a lot of the houses that had 2-4 guys living in them weren't fit for rental by the time graduation came around.
Assuming they were fit for habitation to begin with, the smell alone would be problematic for a sizable segment of the population.

Serious point here- Trump would only have one more term. So, it's conceivable (note a careful choice of words) that federal spending could get under control. And his VP will likely be a stooge that's not a genuine contender for 2028.

I don't see Biden doing that.

You knew it was just a matter of time before one of the lunatic fringe here tried to start a conflagration by inserting this topic into a completely unrelated thread. I’m just surprised it wasn’t Stretch.
Its funny to see Lord Covid calling others the "lunatic fringe".......... Please tell us how awesome and virtuous you are because of your liberal-ness.

Its funny to see Lord Covid calling others the "lunatic fringe".......... Please tell us how awesome and virtuous you are because of your liberal-ness.
Because being educated and scientifically literate is “fringe”. You should really consider getting that syphilis infection treated.

Because being educated and scientifically literate is “fringe”. You should really consider getting that syphilis infection treated.
Those covid vaccines sure worked just like the educated, scientifically literate folks told us....

You're trying to fight a losing battle. Your next post (or lack thereof) may shine some light on your intelligence.

Tomorrow will be a nice day for graduation. Congrats.

My daughter starts in August.
Thanks gibbs. It's been a journey since she started her freshman year at the height of covid. By the way you'll be interested to know she's pre-law. Taking a year off to study for the lsats then off to law school wherever that may be

Reactions: dgibbons
Serious point here- Trump would only have one more term. So, it's conceivable (note a careful choice of words) that federal spending could get under control. And his VP will likely be a stooge that's not a genuine contender for 2028.

I don't see Biden doing that.
The guy who holds the record for adding debt is going to reduce the debt. Makes sense, the bankruptcy king would do that.

The guy who holds the record for adding debt is going to reduce the debt. Makes sense, the bankruptcy king would do that.
Biden does not hold the record for adding debt. Not even close. Note that the worst ones (except Obama) are all Republicans, starting with Ronald Ray-Gun. Clinton was the only one (working with republicans, what a concept) who ever had a balanced budget.

And you gotta consider two things when you dive into the numbers (and here are many factual websites out there). One, inflation over time. Two, the increasing debt means higher interest payments being paid by the budget. Oh and three. Contrary to popular belief, there is no Social Security savings account. Receipt and expenditures come right out of the budget each year. The dwindling "surplus" does actually not exist. It's just a ledger. So, as SS expenses are taking over SS revenues, the deficit issue gets worse.

Those covid vaccines sure worked just like the educated, scientifically literate folks told us....

You're trying to fight a losing battle. Your next post (or lack thereof) may shine some light on your intelligence.

For starters CouginSpainwithpoopforbrains is claiming I posted something about vaccines that I never posted so I have no idea what he is referring to. It’s all fabrication on his part. In the past he has proven incapable of providing the offending posts that I allegedly made for the simple reason that they don’t exist. I’m not going to defend something I never posted. Period.

Second of all you attempting to critique my scientific knowledge would be akin to me assessing your professional ability to push papers, bullshit clients, make photo copies and over charge them for all of it. I’m not qualified.

But im sure you do know tons about hydroxychloroquine, horse paste, vitamin c and zinc so at least you have that going for you. Well that and a ton of hubris.

For starters CouginSpainwithpoopforbrains is claiming I posted something about vaccines that I never posted so I have no idea what he is referring to. It’s all fabrication on his part. In the past he has proven incapable of providing the offending posts that I allegedly made for the simple reason that they don’t exist. I’m not going to defend something I never posted. Period.

Second of all you attempting to critique my scientific knowledge would be akin to me assessing your professional ability to push papers, bullshit clients, make photo copies and over charge them for all of it. I’m not qualified.

But im sure you do know tons about hydroxychloroquine, horse paste, vitamin c and zinc so at least you have that going for you. Well that and a ton of hubris.
We know. Interesting admission for someone that blows hot air as often as you. Also, as usual, you have brought nothing to the table.

Carry on.

You didn't read that very well. Trump would have a wing of his party clamoring to cut spending, assuming they hold their positions. Obviously, a significant assumption.

I'm not going to get into a COVID debate at this point. I will say that I recently got my 5th (and probably last) COVID shot a couple of months ago. Damn glad that I got all of them. My one COVID case was a very mild case of the sniffles. Got my two Shingles vaccines too. And this is from a guy who has never had a flu shot.

I'm not going to get into a COVID debate at this point. I will say that I recently got my 5th (and probably last) COVID shot a couple of months ago. Damn glad that I got all of them. My one COVID case was a very mild case of the sniffles. Got my two Shingles vaccines too. And this is from a guy who has never had a flu shot.
At this point unless there is a new virulent strain that emerges and as long as you don’t have risk factors I couldn’t find fault in your reasoning. I’m not sold on claims of risk of “long covid” at this point without better data and as is the case with the progression of this virus it’s nothing like it once was. It will still kill people but nothing like before. Smart to get the shingles vaccines

Biden does not hold the record for adding debt. Not even close. Note that the worst ones (except Obama) are all Republicans, starting with Ronald Ray-Gun. Clinton was the only one (working with republicans, what a concept) who ever had a balanced budget.

And you gotta consider two things when you dive into the numbers (and here are many factual websites out there). One, inflation over time. Two, the increasing debt means higher interest payments being paid by the budget. Oh and three. Contrary to popular belief, there is no Social Security savings account. Receipt and expenditures come right out of the budget each year. The dwindling "surplus" does actually not exist. It's just a ledger. So, as SS expenses are taking over SS revenues, the deficit issue gets worse.
He was talking about how TFG was hopefully going to reduce debt.

You didn't read that very well. Trump would have a wing of his party clamoring to cut spending, assuming they hold their positions. Obviously, a significant assumption.
Sure , just like last time and Bushs before him and Saint Ronny..

I still haven’t gotten Covid. Don’t know if that’s from getting poked or the fact my social life is pretty much non existent?

He was talking about how TFG was hopefully going to reduce debt.
And that’s the joke of it all; Republicans don’t give a flying f*** about debt unless the Dems are calling the shots otherwise they’re running it up like there’s no tomorrow.

Sure , just like last time and Bushs before him and Saint Ronny..

As Gibbs correctly pointed out, that Trump(Against Trump), or any other Republican Candidate, would have Spending cutters.

And as Spike correctly pointed out that despite that, the debt soared.

The real Crux of the problem is that in order for Trickle Down, etc, to work, you have to cut spending.

Margaret Thatcher saved England with Trickle Down policy.

If you cut taxes, for both the BUSINESSES(That have jobs, create jobs), and not just only for NON BUSINESS RICH, but for everybody, and then if CUT SPENDING COMMENSURATE WITH THE TAX CUTS, AND IF HAVE A SEMI FLATTER TAX SYSTEM, then that will make it so that 1. Businesses have money to expand, create more jobs, Trickle Down, etc. 2. People have more money to not only pay bills, but buy things, thus STIMULATING THE ECONOMY, CREATING MORE JOBS, ETC. 3. The first 2 things will not only STIMULATE THE ECONOMY, CREATE JOBS, but that will lead to MORE PEOPLE HAVING MORE MONEY, and that will lead to MORE PEOPLE WITH MORE MONEY PAYING TAXES THAT DIDNT PAY TAXES BEFORE BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE MONEY BEFORE, and that would OVER THE LONG TERM, CREATE MORE TAX DOLLARS AT THE LOWER TAX RATE, THEN AT THE HIGHER TAX RATE, WHICH COMBINED WITH THE COMMENSURATE CUT SPENDING, WOULD ELIMINATE THE DEBT, BALANCE BUDGET.

The keys to that working is 1. CUTTING SPENDING COMMENSURATELY WITH THE TAX CUTS.

2. Having the patience, time to get to the long term.

It works in theory as proven by Margaret Thatcher, England.

The problems with it are:

1. The Repubs don't have the backbone to stick to the CUTTING SPENDING GUNS.

2. Even if the Repubs did stick to CUTTING SPENDING guns, the DEMOCRATS do not believe in CUTTING SPENDING.

3. Even in the Republican Party there are those that wouldn't CUT SPENDING.

4. Nobody, except SOME in the Republican Party, wants to cut spending, PROGRAMS, etc, because US, the people like our programs, pork, etc, that we get from the govt, etc.

Those reasons above creates a situation that whenever a Republican tries to do what Reagan, others like him tried to do, here what happen:

The Democrats fight it, fight cutting taxes, fight cutting spending. If Democrats have superior numbers, the Trickle Down, etc, gets shot down.

If it's a 50/50 gridlock split, then it doesn't happen because of Repubs being spineless, and either give in, quit, don't fight the Democrats well, etc.

If the Repubs control everything, then they fight, squabble, can't decide HOW to cut spending, cut taxes, an or if they can, a more Rhino, moderate Republican faction wing that does not want to cut taxes, programs, etc, BLOCKS, STOPS it.

And even if Trickle Down, TAX cuts, etc, cutting spending gets approved, etc, then it only last 2 to 4 to 6 years, and what happens is there is a huge debt BECAUSE THERE HASNT BEEN ENOUGH TIME FOR THE ECONOMY TO STIMULATE, and have more people with more money to have more people with money paying taxes for a long enough time combined with cutting spending commensurately to pay off debt, balance budget, etc.

And the reason it would only last about 2 to 4 to 6 years, is because of either Democrats fighting it, some Repubs fighting it, and because a Democrat would get elected, and put a stop to it, because the Democrats, Even some Repubs, Govt, American people do not want to CUT SPENDING, CUT PROGRAMS, CUT TAXES, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO INCREASE TAXES TO SPEND MORE MONEY, SPEND MORE MONEY ON PROGRAMS, ETC, AND BECAUSE OF THAT HAVE BIGGER DEBT, UNBALANCED BUDGET, ETC.

SO ITS THE FAULT OF BOTH THE REPUBS, DEMOCRATS, GOVT, AMERICAN PEOPLE, ETC.

Cutting Taxes, Trickledown, can work if done the right way, which includes cutting spending, programs, waste, pork, etc, commensurately with, to the tax cuts, etc, as evidenced by Margaret Thatcher doing it successfully in England.

The problem is that currently, and since the 70's, the Repubs, Govt, American people don't have the the same ability that Margaret Thatcher, England's Govt, England's people had back then to make it happen, and that's the only reason why it won't work, as if it's EXECUTED, DONE CORRECTLY IT WILL WORK, as evidenced by Margaret Thatcher making it work, it's just NOT been done CORRECTLY, which is why Reagan, and all the other Repub Presidents were FAILED in not balancing budget and driving debt higher, because they were FAILED by the Congress, Govt, American People, etc, who did NOT EXECUTE, DO it CORRECTLY, like how Margaret Thatcher,
England's Govt, People did it correctly(until decades later, England's people, got, undid everything Margaret Thatcher achieved financially, etc)

So that's why both Gibbs, Spike both right(Exceot what Gibbs said about Trump, as Trump needs to not be president, locked up, etc)

He was talking about Trump lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT