ADVERTISEMENT

Great news I didn’t see happening

I had looked around for job openings a few days ago. There wasn't much out there especially with Stanford already having a replacement.

This totally makes my day though! So glad to see her sign an extension. Hopefully the little movement to the portal means most expect to come back. Holding out hope CL-W returns. It appears Johanna Teder is also in the portal.

I had looked around for job openings a few days ago. There wasn't much out there especially with Stanford already having a replacement.

This totally makes my day though! So glad to see her sign an extension. Hopefully the little movement to the portal means most expect to come back. Holding out hope CL-W returns. It appears Johanna Teder is also in the portal.
Great news.

Only semi-related, Schulz sent out some murky note today applauding Anne McCoy for her great leadership. So WTF does that mealy-mouthed drivel mean? Is he appointing her permanent or what? Nothing against Anne personally, but if that is what it is that is a lame decision. Wait until she goes up against the AD's in everybody's dream-like ACC inclusion.

This actually pisses me off.

Glad she’s staying but was that a function of the Cougs still being in the WNIT. Timing is such that she didn’t get back to Pullman until after Chun’s announcement.

Perhaps Kyle Smith stays if he knew Chun was leaving. Or if interim AD McCoy was allowed to negotiate a new deal.

Hell, maybe even Jen Greeney is still here if Chun hits the road a few months earlier

Do some of you even pay attention to the Cougars? Anne has long been the point person for women's athletics, before Chun, during Chun, and after Chun.

Reactions: ATACFD
Semi related- would it be possible to play WBB in Bohler? That would be such a better atmosphere.

Do some of you even pay attention to the Cougars? Anne has long been the point person for women's athletics, before Chun, during Chun, and after Chun.
Which means exactly not much. She's the senior woman administrator because - well, she is the only woman in a high level admin position. As was that old crow before her - forget the name.

Sr. woman admin did not make her the AD for women's sports. Not really sure what your point is here.

Which means exactly not much. She's the senior woman administrator because - well, she is the only woman in a high level admin position. As was that old crow before her - forget the name.

Sr. woman admin did not make her the AD for women's sports. Not really sure what your point is here.
You're having a hard time comprehending the structure of the athletic department. It does mean everything.

You're having a hard time comprehending the structure of the athletic department. It does mean everything.
I comprehend just fine. Speaking of comprehension (I love the way some of you just spit out insults instead of answers to direct questions), So what is your point about McCoy? And why did being Sr. woman admin mean "everything"? Did it keep Greeny from bolting? Please share your point and why it meant "everything". Pretty simple questions, at least from my comprehension level.

I comprehend just fine. Speaking of comprehension (I love the way some of you just spit out insults instead of answers to direct questions), So what is your point about McCoy? And why did being Sr. woman admin mean "everything"? Did it keep Greeny from bolting? Please share your point and why it meant "everything". Pretty simple questions, at least from my comprehension level.
Because McCoy always did all the work and Chun would just step in at the very end and say yay or nay, and then do the press conference.

McCoy still had to answer to Chun. So, if Greeny wanted something, the purse string was still with Chun and the answer was never what Greeny wanted to hear.

Great news.

Only semi-related, Schulz sent out some murky note today applauding Anne McCoy for her great leadership. So WTF does that mealy-mouthed drivel mean? Is he appointing her permanent or what? Nothing against Anne personally, but if that is what it is that is a lame decision. Wait until she goes up against the AD's in everybody's dream-like ACC inclusion.
There hasn’t been much about the AD search. I feel like Riley was a good option considering the rumors of what we were willing to pay. Ethridge hopefully staying is another good step.

Callenging times.

Because McCoy always did all the work and Chun would just step in at the very end and say yay or nay, and then do the press conference.

McCoy still had to answer to Chun. So, if Greeny wanted something, the purse string was still with Chun and the answer was never what Greeny wanted to hear.
Ok, you clearly must work in the Athletic Dept to have such intimate knowledge of who was doing "all the work". Even when John Johnson was there as #2 under Chun, and Moos before him, Anne did "all the work". Which is why John was named interim AD between Moos and Chun. He had time because Anne was doing all the work.

In fact, Mike Marlow was quoted - "I had to leave WSU in 2017. I was bored shitless because Anne McCoy was doing all the work. How many rounds of golf can a guy play to stay busy?"

So I humbly bow to your superior insider knowledge of the WSU Athletic Department. The really good news is that 3-4 deputy AD's can now be let go, because clearly none of them do any of the work. Although in fairness I already have attacked the bloated Athletic Dept. staffing.

Thank you for thoroughly answering my questions of A) what is your point and B) why her SWA designation meant "everything". Because as we all know , the SWA was not a token designation created by the NCAA "to promote meaningful representation of women in the leadership and management of college sports" (read token). Oh but wait, indeed that was why it was created. "Many SWAs are involved in senior-level management decisions", according to the NCAA. Translation? They do all the work.

So apparently it’s Ann McCoy’s fault that Jen left.

Why would she be considered as a permanent solution given she ran off the most successful coach on staff? And doing another woman dirty…an alum no less. Not good.

Chun has been vindicated. Still a dirty rat but pure as the driven snow in relationships.

Semi related- would it be possible to play WBB in Bohler? That would be such a better atmosphere.
I heard in my time there that Bohler being a volleyball only facility is a major selling points to recruits. I don't likely see that building shift happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT