ADVERTISEMENT

Gueye signs contract

SaveFerris

Hall Of Fame
Dec 21, 2001
Hat tip to brandx poster. Gueye signed a four-year deal worth around $7.64 million. Apparently, $3M is guaranteed. Happy for Gueye. That’s a really good outcome.

Last edited:
I still think if he can develop a consistent mid-range jumper he'll be very hard to stop. If he can shoot it from 3 even better. I think he can do both.

Hat tip but boy those BrandX guys and one in particular sure missed on Gueye.

Gueye an NBA player another step in that direction. I still stick by my original prediction that he never plays or spends significant time in the NBA. I hope I’m wrong and obviously some NBA people think I’m wrong. It’s good for him to get some guaranteed money and good for WSU he is getting a solid chance at making the league.

Last edited:
Hat tip but boy those BrandX guys and one in particular sure missed on Gueye.
I still feel coming back would have been a good decision. However, $3M guaranteed obviously makes leaving a much better decision. Felt the same way with CJ Elleby. I didn't see Elleby nearly as viable long-term as Gueye, but if you hear what you need to hear and get a few million guaranteed it's a no brainer.

I still don't see him as a 5. Why waste all that fluidness by trying to bulk him up to hold his own defensively. I still see his shot and other skills developing enough to become a 4. Hope it's long-term in the NBA but time will tell.

I still feel coming back would have been a good decision. However, $3M guaranteed obviously makes leaving a much better decision. Felt the same way with CJ Elleby. I didn't see Elleby nearly as viable long-term as Gueye, but if you hear what you need to hear and get a few million guaranteed it's a no brainer.

I still don't see him as a 5. Why waste all that fluidness by trying to bulk him up to hold his own defensively. I still see his shot and other skills developing enough to become a 4. Hope it's long-term in the NBA but time will tell.
not to high-jack the tread, but where did CJ play this past year? Overseas? G League?

CJ played in the G-League and Israel this year. In my view CJ never had the talent nor potential Gueye has.

Reactions: cougcowboy
Well once you get one of those guaranteed contracts and a couple of years in the NBA you get about 2-3 times as much money overseas. So both CJ and Gueye are set for life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT