ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime WSU 1, Santa Clara 0

kayak15

Hall Of Fame
Apr 17, 2012
Mercer Island
Maegan O'Neill scored at about the 40th minute.

Unable to connect with the live streaming for some reason. Probably my own failure as anything on computers more involved than solitaire often results in my confusion and failure. Have access to updated stats though.

Santa Clara scored a couple of minutes into the second half evening the score at 1 apiece.

Ends 2-1 Santa Clara. Cougars gave up a "Charmin soft" second goal and couldn't find an answer.

I don't want to get hyper-critical this early in the season. But they have got to get much, much better in terms of player and ball movement, passing and dribbling, to have any chance of success in the P 12.

I should add that I only saw the stream for about the last 25-30 minutes of the game. Things could have been entirely different before that?

But, I saw too much dribbling right into double/triple teams and passes to nowhere, or right to SC. And one of the "shots on goal" was one of those long loopers right to the keeper, from about thirty yards out. I thought the coach was placing an emphasis on avoiding things like that?

Positive change sometimes takes time. It's early in the season. I remain hopeful that the team will improve as the season goes along.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT