ADVERTISEMENT

Harris 100 plus

grahamcoug

All Conference
Nov 26, 2013
Graham
A lot of things went well on this kickoff return including the 10 others who blocked:
they are, Silvels, Perry, Winston, Brock, Tago, Wilson, Begg, Sherman, and Harrington.
I think Armani Marsh was involved as well, but don't quote me on that.

It was great to see. I think special teams has taken a step forward this year. Aside from the bad punt snap against Wyoming I haven't seen any major misteps, and as much as I love Kyle Sweet I do not miss his Shank Side Show punting act.

Special teams has been so much better. Would like to see Harris or Calvin get involved at punt returns. Calvin Jackson sure looked fast as snot too. Lots of great young receivers on this roster.

It's great to see the stars align and get 3 guys who can do their job properly at the kicking spots. How many years has it been since we had somebody at each job that did it well all in the same season?

Oscar the Great has been an exceptional punter. Who would've thought a transfer from Incarnate Word could come in and do such a great job? Mazza is doing his job, too. And Crane is putting a majority of kickoffs into the endzone. Harris will always be a breakaway threat in KO returns...and I know there's been some grumbling about Sweet as a punt returner, but he's actually ranked 3rd in the conference (I know it's early) in return yardage, averaging more than 8 ypr. He had a 19 yard return last night, IIRC. With his sure hands, that's good enough for me at this point.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: earldacoug
Have we ever pulled in so many players from out-of-the way places? (At least out-of-our usual ways). Bringing in the special teams guys, not to mention guys like Minshew and Calvin Jackson, didn't seem to bump us up in recruiting rankings very much, but it sure did bump us up in our play on the field.

Reactions: earldacoug
Special teams has been so much better. Would like to see Harris or Calvin get involved at punt returns. Calvin Jackson sure looked fast as snot too. Lots of great young receivers on this roster.
Calvin Jackson definitely looks to have the quicks and a potential burner. Would like to see him back for a punt as well. Sweet has done the job but interested in what those 3 could do to break one open as well.

Calvin Jackson definitely looks to have the quicks and a potential burner. Would like to see him back for a punt as well. Sweet has done the job but interested in what those 3 could do to break one open as well.

A team that can score anytime from anywhere is a dangerous team. Fun f-ing times on the Palouse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT