ADVERTISEMENT

Hawaii 4, WSU 1

kayak15

Hall Of Fame
Apr 17, 2012
Mercer Island
A somewhat odd score as the Coug bats were fine, just not always in groups, scattered throughout the game with little result. Three errors by us and one by UH created a rather sloppy game at times. Our starting pitching was a problem giving up all UH's runs in the first few innings. Relief pitching was better. Beresford (sp?) did a nice job.

I do not know who our pitching coach is but the pitching crew has been much better than last year. My compliments to whomever deserves the credit. Then again, when the team's best pitcher has a 1-15 record and an ERA over 7, the bar is set pretty low. A small sample size so far but so far, so good.

Two more games on the Islands and we should learn more about our current team.

Unfortunately, they lost again yesterday 4-3. Hopefully, they split the series today.

A team with only adequate pitching and that scatters hits cannot afford many errors.

Clean up the errors, run the bases smart, perhaps get better at bunching up some hits, and we'll win some of the close ones. Barring injury, the pitching will improve as the season progresses.

A team with only adequate pitching and that scatters hits cannot afford many errors.

Clean up the errors, run the bases smart, perhaps get better at bunching up some hits, and we'll win some of the close ones. Barring injury, the pitching will improve as the season progresses.

Agree. But this year, as opposed to last year, the pitching has been adequate or close to that and we are lately getting some hits to scatter. Both seem to be steadily improving. Cannot compare this year's error rate to last season but, you are right, there have been too many. (C'mon Schulz and Chun, get that IPF started.) From what we have seen in the early going, I think that we can be well pleased or at least cautiously optimistic regarding the quality of this coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT