ADVERTISEMENT

How are we favored over Stanford?

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
I was shocked with the line opened at WSU -4.5 over Stanford, and I'm even more surprised that it's moved up to -5.

Before the Oregon State game, I was confident that we would finish the season strong after Utah, but the past 2 games have shown some glaring weaknesses on the offensive line at RB. I realize that Stanford isn't good, but the fact that we're favored on the road vs. Stanford is surprising to me.

Head scratcher when you look at both teams schedules and results. This game is a toss up IMO.

I expect a close game. I think this particular game is viewed as being one where WSU matches up a bit better, in terms of our strengths vs theirs. Their injury situation is also as bad as ours, to the extent that their performance in their first couple of games bears no more resemblance to the current team than ours does. Ergo, our D should be better at stopping their O than their D is at stopping our O. I suspect that if neither team does too much self-inflicted damage, then we will probably prevail. But I expect it to be ugly.

Head scratcher when you look at both teams schedules and results. This game is a toss up IMO.

Given our offensive play, it's certainly a tossup. That said, when you look at the overall team play. We are both averaging 22 pts per game in league play, but they are giving up almost 9 more points per game than us. And we've played remarkably similar competition in the league games.

As mentioned above, it's more of a matchup thing than anything else.

I think we win this one easily. WSU 31, Trees 14.

I believe Stanford's weakness on defense is stopping the run, and if Jenkins is out with a concussion, we won't be able to take advantage of that.

I believe Stanford's weakness on defense is stopping the run, and if Jenkins is out with a concussion, we won't be able to take advantage of that.
We have two smaller RB's if we play the true frosh. If you are concerned about size, put a TE in there. Or pull a mini-refrigerator Perry and give it to a D lineman. Some of our DE's could run up the middle and get 3 yards....or more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT