ADVERTISEMENT

How much money Larry Scott left on the table

425cougfan

Hall Of Fame
Apr 23, 2011
I've noted in a few threads that Larry blundered by not taking on a strategic partner back when the Pac-12 Network was getting started. Even if the deal in 2024 is lucrative, it will be nearly impossible to make up for years of low distributions. This analysis puts some numbers to it and the results are pretty amazing:

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/articles/pac-12-strategicpartner-2012-mediarights/

This doesn't even account for the other forgone benefits of a strategic partner, like cross-promotion on that partner's other properties, better geographic reach (and exposure), and so on, many of which are significant on their own.

Given what has come out regarding King Larry in the past few years, it makes me wonder how much of his "plan" was motivated by him wanting to not just run a conference, but also to be a media company CEO, and to receive the attendant comp and benefits. He's making millions due to this scheme while Pac-12 member institutions are losing out on hundreds of millions of dollars.

This is a great numbers, no nonsense analysis. I was all for staying autonomous. But numbers don't lie. This is a lot of food for thought, especially for those of us that thought it was worthy to not bring in a partner.

I've noted in a few threads that Larry blundered by not taking on a strategic partner back when the Pac-12 Network was getting started. Even if the deal in 2024 is lucrative, it will be nearly impossible to make up for years of low distributions. This analysis puts some numbers to it and the results are pretty amazing:

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/articles/pac-12-strategicpartner-2012-mediarights/

This doesn't even account for the other forgone benefits of a strategic partner, like cross-promotion on that partner's other properties, better geographic reach (and exposure), and so on, many of which are significant on their own.

Given what has come out regarding King Larry in the past few years, it makes me wonder how much of his "plan" was motivated by him wanting to not just run a conference, but also to be a media company CEO, and to receive the attendant comp and benefits. He's making millions due to this scheme while Pac-12 member institutions are losing out on hundreds of millions of dollars.

Mikalas loves that delta.

It is nice to see that someone has tried to put a dollar figure on Larry Scott.

The Pac-12 Presidents/Chancellors have to be working on a contingent plan to oust Lowlife Larry and his band of Morons. I can't imagine they aren't listening to the noise surrounding this jackhole of a commissioner we have. Its pretty much reached a deafening roar at this point. To ignore all that, would be to blindly accept failure, which in turn would make all of them tenured failures.

Last edited:
Needs to go. Pac12 CEO’s bring little knowledge on the subject and need a strategic consultant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT