ADVERTISEMENT

Huskies are already giving the Heisman to Penix...

We'll see. Have to say that I watched UI after ignoring them for years. They had a really good lefty at QB.

Reality check: one win vs. what was a very overrated and sloppy Michigan State team.
Totally agree that MSU is/was garbage.

That being said, fuw has a pretty impressive Penix.

If we had a Penix with numbers like his, Wilt Chamberlain would be jealous

He’s been solid. DeBoer is a good coach. It was funny that they felt they were too good for him at first. MSU had one of the worst secondaries in the country last year and it still hasn’t changed.

UW got lucky and avoids both SC and Utah. But they have to go to Oregon and here. But their schedule is pretty friendly.

Speaking of MSU, I noticed that Greene isn’t starting and they moved him to guard.

He’s been solid. DeBoer is a good coach. It was funny that they felt they were too good for him at first. MSU had one of the worst secondaries in the country last year and it still hasn’t changed.

UW got lucky and avoids both SC and Utah. But they have to go to Oregon and here. But their schedule is pretty friendly.

Speaking of MSU, I noticed that Greene isn’t starting and they moved him to guard.
He played left guard and right, but he did not start.

Totally agree that MSU is/was garbage.

That being said, fuw has a pretty impressive Penix.

If we had a Penix with numbers like his, Wilt Chamberlain would be jealous
I agree he's a good QB...numbers look good thus far etc....but I think it's a bit MUCH to start the Heisman talk and campaign.

From a pure athlete perspective, I'd put USC's QB ahead of him.

Not having USC and UTAH on their schedule is a huge plus for UW, they should easily get to 9 or 10 wins, based upon the way they are playing right now. Their QB looks damn good to say the least, only concern is can he make it through a full season, looks like he's had some tough luck.

Penix Jr. played in three games his first year at Indiana in 2018, before suffering a torn ACL and taking a redshirt.[ He completed 21 of 34 passes for 219 yards and a touchdown.[4] Penix was named the starter entering the 2019 season. He played in only six games due to injury, completing 110 of 160 passes for 1,394 yards, 10 touchdowns and four interceptions. Penix returned to Indiana as the starter in 2020. On November 30, he was ruled out for the season after suffering a torn ACL in a win against Maryland

Should walk all over Stanford and UCLA, the teams with no fans. UCLA might take the lead over Stanford in this area, Even Troy Aikman came out this week and blasted the fans and suggested they build a 30,000 seat on campus stadium, and they would have trouble filling that.

Aikman blasts UCLA fans

Last edited:
We'll see. Have to say that I watched UI after ignoring them for years. They had a really good lefty at QB.
When he was good at IU, he was really good. I mentioned this before the season. Unfortunately, it looks like he's healthy and good again.

When he was good at IU, he was really good. I mentioned this before the season. Unfortunately, it looks like he's healthy and good again.
With that injury history big gamble you have someone who can finish the season. Never wish injury on anyone but these things have a way of repeating.
Good for him though for resurrecting his career after some tough breaks.

The value of the size has to be evaluated while any Penix is standing erect. After being hit and limp on the ground it is harder to evaluate the value of size. There is also truth to the old saw that suggests that it is more about what you do with him than how he looks when standing erect.

The value of the size has to be evaluated while any Penix is standing erect. After being hit and limp on the ground it is harder to evaluate the value of size. There is also truth to the old saw that suggests that it is more about what you do with him than how he looks when standing erect.
Size doesn’t matter as much as the motion of the offense. While there’s bound to be stiff competition down the road, you can’t prematurely force balls deep, unless of course you have max protection.

Last edited:
90, at what point do we discuss the problems with a false start, or illegal motion? And being personally foul is no good, either, even with the max protection you mentioned. As my farmer friends used to say as I was growing up, "I'd rather be a wide receiver than a tight end!".

90, at what point do we discuss the problems with a false start, or illegal motion? And being personally foul is no good, either, even with the max protection you mentioned. As my farmer friends used to say as I was growing up, "I'd rather be a wide receiver than a tight end!".
Illegal use of hands is also a potential issue. Let’s go down to our sideline correspondent Jeremy Stevens for further analysis.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT