ADVERTISEMENT

If ASU Drops 8

MB, in the AR offense, is a 1,000 PAC 12 yards back. 9 league games, 1000 yards.

He is a Downtown Athletic Club talent.

As soon as he has 1,000 PAC 12 yards... WSU is undefeated, 13-0, marching into the national playoff, averaging 49 per game.

Well when the season started many of the football pundits here were forecasting a 11-1 or 12-0 season.The leadership albeit the coaches or players have not performed.

Well when the season started many of the football pundits here were forecasting a 11-1 or 12-0 season.The leadership albeit the coaches or players have not performed.

Link to who predicted 11-1 or 12-0. Vegas which has real money on the line had over/under at 7.5. That will probably still be hard to reach but that was the expectation.

I don't see Borghi getting enough carries. But I do think it is possible that he'll get some shovel passes, and that is essentially a combination between a draw play and a screen. A shovel pass doesn't work as well against a drop 8 as a true run, but it can be dynamite against a blitz. So I think it comes down to how good the protection is against a 3 man rush. Give Gordon 4-5 seconds...tough, but should be possible against 3 rushers...and someone will be open. Or Gordon can scramble. If we are getting that kind of time for Gordon to find someone, they will be forced into blitzing, and then one way or another Borghi will get touches other than just swing passes. But if Gordon has less than 3 seconds against a 3 man rush, neither a draw nor a shovel will be much good. And history shows that we are not smart enough to rush and take the free 4-5 yards in those situations. I really think it is going to be all about how much time Gordon has in the pocket against a 3 man rush.

I see post after post bemoaning our lack of running when the defense drops 8, and we have a weapon like Borghi. Looking at how many times we get stuffed at the line on runs it just may be that our run blocking is bad

I see post after post bemoaning our lack of running when the defense drops 8, and we have a weapon like Borghi. Looking at how many times we get stuffed at the line on runs it just may be that our run blocking is bad
Problem with this system is that there’s a misguided belief that “as long as everyone does their job” we can’t be stopped through the air. So as soon as we get stuffed a couple of times we completely give up on the run.

That thought process is a fallacy of course because the other team has guys on scholarship and coaches who get paid too, so once we go down that road the offense becomes way too easy to defend (see Apple cup last umpteen years)

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Yes this and expecting/hoping Leach will change his version of the air raid is becoming tiresome. He's not going to, so they should just go ahead and start advocating for a new coach.

Yes this and expecting/hoping Leach will change his version of the air raid is becoming tiresome. He's not going to, so they should just go ahead and start advocating for a new coach.

Im not advocating change. Just 15-20 carries for MB. He had 9 today. That doesnt seem like changing his version of the air raid does it?

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

It was 15-0. Get it right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT