ADVERTISEMENT

If football is played, who gets tickets?

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
Assuming fans are allowed but capacity is limited to 50% or less. And yes, masks will be required.

I’m sure it would be based on donor level but will the big donors get tickets to every game or would there be some sort of lottery or rotation? I was probably going to donate if the season is canceled or it’s a no fan model but if some fans are allowed and I don’t get to go to any games I’ll probably ask for my money back.

Assuming fans are allowed but capacity is limited to 50% or less. And yes, masks will be required.

I’m sure it would be based on donor level but will the big donors get tickets to every game or would there be some sort of lottery or rotation? I was probably going to donate if the season is canceled or it’s a no fan model but if some fans are allowed and I don’t get to go to any games I’ll probably ask for my money back.

Assuming it’s 50 percent that makes a lottery/rotation pretty easy, with conflict being Apple Cup. I think the problem would largely take care of itself with people choosing not to attend if they’re at risk. In any model the difficulty will be maintaining spacing between people once they’re inside the stadium. At 50 percent that puts you about two feet away from the person beside you.

Assuming it’s 50 percent that makes a lottery/rotation pretty easy, with conflict being Apple Cup. I think the problem would largely take care of itself with people choosing not to attend if they’re at risk. In any model the difficulty will be maintaining spacing between people once they’re inside the stadium. At 50 percent that puts you about two feet away from the person beside you.
Class rooms/halls in the fall are being limited to 1/3 capacity for rooms/halls over a certain size. I’d expect something similar for football.

Well, if masks and social distancing are required, you may only get 50%. I will not attend, 43 ydln club seat will sit empty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cougzz
Setting up whatever spacing they think is warranted shouldn’t be very hard for seating. But its practically impossible for Restrooms, concessions and access/egress. I think they will probably either decide that no fans are allowed or just say to hell with it and allow every ticket holder. As you said attendance wouldn’t be 100% anyway as some would choose not to come. And I assume face coverings would be required.

Big donors will donate and not go. There will be plenty of seats....

There are plenty of people dressed like like empty seats anyways. It shouldnt be an issue.

Well, if masks and social distancing are required, you may only get 50%. I will not attend, 43 ydln club seat will sit empty.
On google maps...I figured out the total square footage of seating and came up with about 150,000 s.f.. Then figured groups of 4 sitting next to one another (Mom, pops and two kids) Assuming the seats are 18" a piece..that would be 6' across. Giving social distance on all sides...12' x 6'= 72 s.f.. 150,000/ 72 s.f per group is something like 2083 groups of 4. A whopping 8333 people in the stands! Of course they'd have to be 4 times as loud as the normal fan.... possibly spraying Covid 4 times it's normal plume. The only answer to this might be using the ASL applause

On google maps...I figured out the total square footage of seating and came up with about 150,000 s.f.. Then figured groups of 4 sitting next to one another (Mom, pops and two kids) Assuming the seats are 18" a piece..that would be 6' across. Giving social distance on all sides...12' x 6'= 72 s.f.. 150,000/ 72 s.f per group is something like 2083 groups of 4. A whopping 8333 people in the stands! Of course they'd have to be 4 times as loud as the normal fan.... possibly spraying Covid 4 times it's normal plume. The only answer to this might be using the ASL applause

8,300 is what UCLA gets. Should be ok.

Reactions: SDCoug
Yes- this is a hilarious thread.
No way will we sell out even half of the seats.
Maybe put Trump's event organizer on payroll...

Sara Cooper- How to empty seat

Fans won’t be allowed, because Pullman & Whitman county Don’t want people bringing the virus in every Other week, and they can’t even attempt to track distancing in the RV lots. It’ll be students only, spread thru the whole stadium...if they play at all.

Then they set up of of these before entering Pullman. "You tested negative for Covid, however, you DID test positive for mass amounts of alcohol".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT