ADVERTISEMENT

If the Pac12 plays, 6 weeks of practice?

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
From what I understand, the NCAA is mandating 6 weeks of practice before teams can play games. That seems excessive to me. The NFL Hall of fame game is 2-3 weeks after training camp starts and HS football is a 2-3 weeks of practices before games. Sure it would be a little sloppy but these kids have had nothing to do but get/stay in shape so 3-4 weeks seems like it would be enough to safely put kids out there to play. The thought of starting games in Mid November seems insane to me unless they are going to move everyone to Vegas or PDX and create a bubble.

I would like yo think if they are requiring six weeks before a game the first two weeks would be without pads and hitting with a strong focus on conditioning. This two week period would be followed by the standard four weeks of fall camp.

The first two weeks for WSU would be critical for the coaches to install the basic concepts of the new offense and defense systems.

As I understand it, the governments of CA and Oregon have banned high school and college football. These government bans would have to be overturned for there to be college football in 2020, no matter what the PAC12 decides. I’ve become increasing pessimistic about this happening.

As I understand it, the governments of CA and Oregon have banned high school and college football. These government bans would have to be overturned for there to be college football in 2020, no matter what the PAC12 decides. I’ve become increasing pessimistic about this happening.
They need to head to Az, Nevada and or Idaho. The schools are already online so what difference does it make where they practice and log into their classes. Boise St has scrapped the season, they’d probably be happy to rent their facilities to Oregon and or Oregon St etc.

They need to head to Az, Nevada and or Idaho. The schools are already online so what difference does it make where they practice and log into their classes. Boise St has scrapped the season, they’d probably be happy to rent their facilities to Oregon and or Oregon St etc.
How much would that cost to pick up your entire team, equipment, and coaching stuff (audio/video and whatnot) and provide room and board in another state, AND find suitable practice facilities—for 6 weeks, no less? Maybe Oregon could swing it, but can’t see many other teams able to.

How much would that cost to pick up your entire team, equipment, and coaching stuff (audio/video and whatnot) and provide room and board in another state, AND find suitable practice facilities—for 6 weeks, no less? Maybe Oregon could swing it, but can’t see many other teams able to.
It would cost a ton, but less than not playing and collecting zero revenue. Kind of a tallest midget scenario.

If no fans present or a limited amount, WSU could use the Kibbie Dome in exchange for scheduling Idaho a couple additional times (more than they normally would).

It would cost a ton, but less than not playing and collecting zero revenue. Kind of a tallest midget scenario.
I don’t know what the piecemeal schedule means for tv revenue, but there won’t be a heck of a lot of money in ticket sales. It would be an interesting little project to play with the numbers to see how it would pencil out.

How about each team rent an aircraft carrier, and the entire season is played at sea?
Or maybe house the teams in the vast series of tunnels underneath Denver International Airport?
Our team is actually comprised of students, not performers to generate TV revenue.
Please guys, the season was cancelled and absolutely nothing has changed in the last 4 weeks that would cause sensible people to reconsider, even if a desperate orange spray-tanned man pleads, threatens, whines and begs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT