ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming college qb getting...drum roll please Ed

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
13 THOUSAND....no. that's not much these days...ah, thirteen MILLION d ollars! Might be a Marino fan? This is reeeeediculous!!!

I am at the same point. I despise the direction college football is going and while I will support the Cougs, I could care less about anyone else.

Reactions: 79COUG
First rule NCAA needs to implement is no scholarships to NIL kids—give the schollies to kids that can’t afford to attend college. Schools can only give out scholarships to the value that an NIL deal doesn’t cover the scholarship value; e.g., if a kid is getting 20k/year NIL money at a 40k/year school, the school can issue a 1/2 scholarship.

First rule NCAA needs to implement is no scholarships to NIL kids—give the schollies to kids that can’t afford to attend college. Schools can only give out scholarships to the value that an NIL deal doesn’t cover the scholarship value; e.g., if a kid is getting 20k/year NIL money at a 40k/year school, the school can issue a 1/2 scholarship.
BYU has NIL deals for their walk ons that pay their tuition. Essentially their entire roster is on scholarship.

Sadly, I think you will see the day when NIL kids pay their own way….. and teams use the scholarships to load up. Think of it as 85 kids on scholarship and 85 kids on NIL…. Taking 170 kids out of the market.

BYU has NIL deals for their walk ons that pay their tuition. Essentially their entire roster is on scholarship.

Sadly, I think you will see the day when NIL kids pay their own way….. and teams use the scholarships to load up. Think of it as 85 kids on scholarship and 85 kids on NIL…. Taking 170 kids out of the market.
I had mentioned this happening a while back and how it reminded me of $C in the 70s with their 4 deep at every position. A lot of people thought players wouldn’t want to sit. i guess we’ll see.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Yup and we’re the A’s

Yes. Which is why I rant and rave about innovating. The A’s can’t play baseball like the Yankees. The Cougs can’t run a defense and offense that look like everyone else. It has to be different.

Smith at OSU figured it out…

Reactions: kougkurt
Yes. Which is why I rant and rave about innovating. The A’s can’t play baseball like the Yankees. The Cougs can’t run a defense and offense that look like everyone else. It has to be different.

Smith at OSU figured it out…
Sure did - he got better kids.

He's going to start cranking out NFL caliber players across the roster.

I had mentioned this happening a while back and how it reminded me of $C in the 70s with their 4 deep at every position. A lot of people thought players wouldn’t want to sit. i guess we’ll see.

They’ll sit for a year or two. Once it’s apparent that they aren’t the guy they’re leaving.

Kids pick the best option. The best facilities, the best winning tradition, the most $$$ spent on the program, the most NIL $$$. They look at their best offers, make cuts to programs that aren’t in the top tier of offers, then choose. It isn’t until they realize down the road that the luxury program they chose isn’t going to play them that they leave. And even then, no one wants to go from the penthouse to the outhouse.

Insanity the problem I see now is how you wrangle it in once it’s gone off the rails like this

Sure did - he got better kids.

He's going to start cranking out NFL caliber players across the roster.
Smith hardly cracked the code. He had a good defense this year for the first time and I don't think it's sustainable. His all conference LB just hit the portal. Let's let him maintain some success before we pretend Smith has figured things out.

Smith hardly cracked the code. He had a good defense this year for the first time and I don't think it's sustainable. His all conference LB just hit the portal. Let's let him maintain some success before we pretend Smith has figured things out.

I was referring to his offense.

His LB must be getting some NIL money...if I was a betting man I would think USC.

I was wondering why they wanted Kingston, and it is pretty clear. They had three seniors on the interior and they brought in some experience. Kingston is much better at G than T.

There's 3 hours on the podcast...can't remember which drive I heard it on...either hour 2 or 3. Don't know how to skip through this to where they talk about it.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Just imagine what we could do with 13 million lol I wouldn’t spend it on one kid alone. I’d Buy an offensive line and a few WR for 1 year deals.

Can a kid have a NIL deal and not be on scholarship? Why not?

I wonder what the annual budget will be for a big program. $13m for one player. It could get to $200m for a team pretty quickly. $70m from tv starts to look small. Of course, nil doesn’t come out of the school budget, but still.

I wonder what the annual budget will be for a big program. $13m for one player. It could get to $200m for a team pretty quickly. $70m from tv starts to look small. Of course, nil doesn’t come out of the school budget, but still.

What a great biz model! Someone else pays your labor …..

Reactions: BSpike76
Sounds like Goodwill
What a great biz model! Someone else pays your labor …... This why I never use or donate to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT