ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming college qb getting...drum roll please Ed

Sounds like Goodwill

What a nice gig. No Wall Street breathing down your neck each quarter.

NFL salary cap for next season $220m. For 85 players that’s only $2.6m per player. College may be better than paying than NFL.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
BYU has NIL deals for their walk ons that pay their tuition. Essentially their entire roster is on scholarship.

Sadly, I think you will see the day when NIL kids pay their own way….. and teams use the scholarships to load up. Think of it as 85 kids on scholarship and 85 kids on NIL…. Taking 170 kids out of the market.

I'm hoping that guys that are good enough to play for WSU but not start for the big dogs will not value a championship T-shirt and hat over the actual experience of playing football. Also, the donors ponying up big money on NIL's may soften when Johnny Utah ends up not being as good as advertised.

Finally, the NCAA needs to get a handle on the situation and update their rules to keep things competitive and reasonable or the whole system is going to collapse. The next step that has already been mentioned is the unionization of football players. Without rules, the consolidation of conferences is going to continue and the NCAA gets weaker by the day. I'm hoping that over time, some of the silliness settles down, but it's going to be a weird few years while we find our way. Just hoping that the system doesn't get blown up in the mean time.

The day is coming when a player doesn’t get his check and refuses to play on game day.
Or they are having a great year, exceeding expectations, and they hold out for more money. 13 million, hell Trevor Lawrence is getting paid about 9 Million a year at Jacksonville. These college players will have to take a pay cut to turn pro.

Or they are having a great year, exceeding expectations, and they hold out for more money. 13 million, hell Trevor Lawrence is getting paid about 9 Million a year at Jacksonville. These college players will have to take a pay cut to turn pro.

They could do that too. I’d love to see the contracts that are being provided to kids on behalf of the university while not being a part of the university. What could go wrong???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT