ADVERTISEMENT

Is it the "D" that makes the real difference?

too busy/ lazy to do the research right now, but I would bet 2000-2003 had 24+ every year as well. Not great defenses statistically, but opportunistic and made the money plays (picks/ fumble recoveries/ sacks).

I'm also not going to go back through stats, but it sure seems like the last couple seasons, we've been very good at not fumbling the football.

I'm also not going to go back through stats, but it sure seems like the last couple seasons, we've been very good at not fumbling the football.

We definitely had a couple of years where the WRs weren't securing the ball after the catch. That was maddening, especially since most of those drives were crucial and we'd get a big catch only to have it erased by a stupid mistake.

We definitely had a couple of years where the WRs weren't securing the ball after the catch. That was maddening, especially since most of those drives were crucial and we'd get a big catch only to have it erased by a stupid mistake.

I believe there were a couple of fumbles on drives in the Oregon game at Autzen two years ago. We won, but it might not have been as close as it was had we held onto the ball.

This team will be very strong out of the backfield this season. I think you will see the most balanced attack in the history of Leach's offense here at WSU.

If our defensive - which returns a bunch of starters - but is a little light up front, can get pressure on the QB, we could be pretty darn good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT