ADVERTISEMENT

Is this our last game this season?

COCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 23, 2004
Today (Weds 11/18) six more Week 12 games scheduled for this weekend have been canceled or postponed, bringing the total number of Week 12 games that have been affected to 13. Given the current curve and the planned shutdowns it seems unlikely games will continue much longer. Even if a given team is relatively healthy, in the context of what is happening in our hospitals I think it is going to be hard to continue into December. I was skeptical of playing this year, but I'm glad we did and view the season as a success. I really hope we make it to the Apple Cup, but my guess is no.

Today (Weds 11/18) six more Week 12 games scheduled for this weekend have been canceled or postponed, bringing the total number of Week 12 games that have been affected to 13. Given the current curve and the planned shutdowns it seems unlikely games will continue much longer. Even if a given team is relatively healthy, in the context of what is happening in our hospitals I think it is going to be hard to continue into December. I was skeptical of playing this year, but I'm glad we did and view the season as a success. I really hope we make it to the Apple Cup, but my guess is no.
Let Nick Roll. :cool:

Reactions: 79COUG
Could be. I put the over Under at 2.5. Looks like we probably get Furd fingers crossed. Beyond that who knows. The next few weeks are going to be disturbing. I’d put AC at less than 50% the way things are going.

At last check, things were not bad in Pullman, and Thanksgiving break starts Friday so the next two weeks shouldn't be severe.. Doesn't mean opponents won't have to scrub, or that a broader political decision might be made, but right now my guess is that WSU will be able to play.

I haven’t taken this season seriously from the beginning. It’s been nice to see the team play and get a sneak peek at the future, but it’s really not anything more than a scrimmage year. Lots of good vibes that next season will be back to normal again, however.

Reactions: walzuu and sellas
At last check, things were not bad in Pullman, and Thanksgiving break starts Friday so the next two weeks shouldn't be severe.. Doesn't mean opponents won't have to scrub, or that a broader political decision might be made, but right now my guess is that WSU will be able to play.
Governor Maggot's November 16th sports directive now includes college sports (previous versions covered youth and pro sports)

It basically gives WSU and UW an out since conference guidelines are being used (as opposed to D2, D3, and JC NWAC schools who conferences are still dormant).

It does however ban fans from events.

Since a new directive is coming out every month, WA probably go back on that. Just easier to let the Pac12 take the heat.

Reactions: walzuu
I haven’t taken this season seriously from the beginning. It’s been nice to see the team play and get a sneak peek at the future, but it’s really not anything more than a scrimmage year. Lots of good vibes that next season will be back to normal again, however.

Haven't really cared about the games and it just feels like a glorified practice. This is across all of CFB, the play on the field has been putrid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT