ADVERTISEMENT

Is WSU seeking a waiver on the 1-year sit-out rule for McDougal?

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
Seems likely, given the need for interior d-line, and the NCAA's reported consideration to get rid of the rule.

Hard to justify a waiver. Hes moving further from home. I think he was going to miss the year with an injury anyway.

Maybe he gets a waiver to compete in next year's spring game.

Hard to justify a waiver. Hes moving further from home. I think he was going to miss the year with an injury anyway.

Maybe he gets a waiver to compete in next year's spring game.

You’re right that’s he’s supposed to be carrying an Injury that would reportedly keep him out this coming season, anyway. I don’t know how accurate that time frame actually is? But that’s what I have read in numerous accounts.

Regardless, he would definitely need a “transfer rules” waiver to take part in this coming season.

But, to the best of my knowledge, the transfer rule shouldn’t apply to any participation in next spring’s practices.

I’ve been wrong about things so many times in life that I’ve lost count.....

He’s getting a financial aid agreement so that he is able to come to school. So there is that!

As far as fully taking part in team activities, etc? I tried to think of comparable situations but my foggy mind is drawing a blank on specifics there.

On that note - I went to the NCAA site and they “spoke” about not participating in competition for a year after transferring. They didn’t specify calendar year, academic year, or year as a season of competition.

Further, in the “frequently asked questions” section, they said a student athlete “may or may not” participate in “team activities”.

Typical NCAA....clear as mud.

Maybe someone else knows for sure?

I have been wrong before as well but a transfer year doesn't prohibit practice. Other than being able to play in games he's just like any other redshirt. Of course depending on his health.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT