ADVERTISEMENT

It's good to see Alabama scheduling stiff competition down the stretch...

The SEC does that every year, and it makes me wonder if the Pac-12 shouldn’t follow suit. Get your BYE week around the mid point of the season, and schedule a game vs. Idaho State in early November.

The SEC does that every year, and it makes me wonder if the Pac-12 shouldn’t follow suit. Get your BYE week around the mid point of the season, and schedule a game vs. Idaho State in early November.
Agree; this is not a bad idea. How about scheduling Idaho or Eastern annually around mid-November when the weather is crap but we could still get a decent crowd due to the closeness of the other's alumni? Eastern has proven to be somewhat above creampuff status and we have not always done well against Big Sky teams so there might still be enough competition to make the game somewhat interesting. Stanford and USC schedule an OOC game late in the season against Notre Dame so why not us scheduling one?

For those who object, consider that the U of I and EWU could kick the butts of Mercer, Tenn-Chattanooga or Wofford. Most of us would not be familiar with any of those schools if the SEC did not schedule them on a regular basis.

Last edited:
The trade off is you have to play legit competition earlier in the season. Personally, I’d rather play a regional cream puff in November.

Would love to see the committee start punishing teams for this crap. Set the final 4 as Miami, OU, Wiscy & UGA this week.

That'll teach these schools not to schedule high school teams in November.

I'm mostly talking out my ass right now. I'm just sick of these useless games. It's bad for college football.

Last edited:
Would love to see the committee start punishing teams for this crap. Set the final 4 as Miami, OU, Wiscy & UGA this week.

That'll teach these schools not to schedule high school transcripts in November.

I'm mostly talking out my ass right now. I'm just sick of these useless games. It's bad for college football.
Is that even fun as a fan to go to a game and watch your team pummel on a corpse? You’d think the Bammies would just get bored with it.

until the cougs change the way they start out the season, i'm partial to putting the cupcakes up front. i'd rather see idaho and montana state early than usc.

That'll teach these schools not to schedule high school transcripts in November.

On the other hand, it's a much-needed nice payday for these teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT