ADVERTISEMENT

It's still early, but is this Leach's best offense at WSU?

Time for bed sir........you used to be fun to banter with, but now your just a pathetic, sour old man.
Too bad

The topic was your offense. I commented that we don’t know much because of the opposition. Sorry that seemed “sour”.

Plenty to be excited about through 3 games.

I'm not worried about Gardner in the Coliseum. First, USC's offense is demonstrably bad. He's not going to have to win a shoot out. Second, Gardner has supreme confidence. I don't see him getting intimidated by playing anyone. Third, even if he was the kind of kid who gets intimidated, he's from SEC territory. USC doesn't have the same mystique as Death Valley, the Swamp, Tuscaloosa, Jordan Hare, or between the hedges. Fourth, playing in the Coliseum on a weekday evening isn't the same as playing on a Saturday. The stadium will be half full by kickoff and I don't expect a lively crowd.

My only concern is USC fighting for their season this week. A 1-3 start probably puts a nail in the season's coffin. Desperate teams worry me a bit, but I expect us to be able to score on 4 or 5 drives, minimum. Heck, we scored on 6 drives last year and our offense wasn't as good.

Good topic.

I don't know, those early offenses with Marks & Cracraft, Morrow & when Wicks was still a factor, were pretty good.

And, as has been mentioned, the Halliday offenses could really get it humming.

Lemme see what they can do to SC & Utah before I put them up there. And of course, putting up 30-something against UW would help.

Auburn and BYU this year.

Fresno State and a road game at Rutgers last year.

Both are tougher than your OOC schedule this year.

Asked this before and got crickets.

What do Husky fans consider Petersen's signature win (s) at Washington. I know the dominance of WSU yaddy yaddy, but what is there outside of that ? 1-3 Bowl record. I guess Colorado a couple of years back. But that turned out to be a very bad Colorado team which lost their bowl game by over 30 pts.

Also you are the only program that would bring up Rutgers in any form or fashion as a difficult game. Woeful Kansas beat Rutger 55-14 this past week.

What do Husky fans consider Petersen's signature win (s) at Washington. I know the dominance of WSU yaddy yaddy, but what is there outside of that ? 1-3 Bowl record. I guess Colorado a couple of years back. But that turned out to be a very bad Colorado team which lost their bowl game by over 30 pts.

Also you are the only program that would bring up Rutgers in any form or fashion as a difficult game. Woeful Kansas beat Rutger 55-14 this past week.
To be fair I believe it was a comparison to our schedule and not necessarily saying Rutgers was a difficult game.

Reactions: HHusky

Rutgers was actually somewhat competitive 4-5 years ago--not sure about how good they were when ewe-dub played them, though.

To be fair I believe it was a comparison to our schedule and not necessarily saying Rutgers was a difficult game.
Can't say I like 'SC, but I think they're the only ones that can claim to play a legit non-con schedule over the last several years--Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas, etc.--they've definitely made it a lot harder on themselves compared to the cupcake schedulers like bammy and ewe-dub.

Can't say I like 'SC, but I think they're the only ones that can claim to play a legit non-con schedule over the last several years--Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas, etc.--they've definitely made it a lot harder on themselves compared to the cupcake schedulers like bammy and ewe-dub.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that USC is the only 1-A team to have never played a 1-AA team.

The topic was your offense. The observation was that you’ve played two lousy Mountain West teams, so who knows?

Defensive much?

Why do you come here? I realize that the Rivals uw site is basically non-existent, but really.

I used to enjoy your occasional visits, mutt, but your never-ending BS in a recent thread soured me. Please go away and don't come back.

What did he say that was not correct on this subject?

That same Stanford team that WSU beat 42-16 at their stadium the following week.

I didn’t say you didn’t have any good wins. And the question presumed a win over WSU or Colorado (Stanford’s only other loss) is nothing special.

And no, it wasn’t the same Stanford team. It was a team that had been absolutely destroyed the previous week.

Last edited:
If you really were concerned with staying on the subject, you'd be spending your time on one of the Hussie forums.

BTW, I'm surprised you haven't started doing Friday prediction threads...
The subject was your offense. That SAT must’ve been a bitch for some of you.

The subject was your offense. That SAT must’ve been a bitch for some of you.

I guess it is complex for you . However I always find it strange that any Huskie fan would ever say anything disparaging about WSU as UW's wins in those games are by far and away the best ones on Pete's resume at the school. It was not tangential discussion but to make a point that the Huskies should do everything they can to pump WSU up , because this season like the last 3, a win in that game will likely be your "marquee " win again before you venture somewhere to get pounded in another bowl game.

I guess it is complex for you . However I always find it strange that any Huskie fan would ever say anything disparaging about WSU as UW's wins in those games are by far and away the best ones on Pete's resume at the school. It was not tangential discussion but to make a point that the Huskies should do everything they can to pump WSU up , because this season like the last 3, a win in that game will likely be your "marquee " win again before you venture somewhere to get pounded in another bowl game.
I didn't say anything disparaging about WSU. It was not me who eliminated WSU from the marquee win category. It was you and yours. That said, Stanford had a better 2016 season than WSU.

I find it strange that a discussion of your offense--which is a football discussion, and I do enjoy following football-- becomes a discussion about the Huskies at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that USC is the only 1-A team to have never played a 1-AA team.
That is only while the "official" 1-AA and FCS designations have existed (last 40 plus years).
USC used to play small colleges all the time.

When WSU was taking a victory lap over being the first Pac 12 school to win 10 games in a season three seasons in a row 15 years ago (as opposed to losing 10 games in a season three straight years in a row during the Paul Wulff era), the USC fans objected and pointed to their Howard Jones era in the 1930s. It turns out to win 10 games in three seasons in a row USC under Howard Jones played small colleges like Occidental and Whittier on the same day (or now listed as on consecutive days)
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/southern-california/1933-schedule.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/southern-california/1934-schedule.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT