ADVERTISEMENT

Jackie Davis Commitment

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
Jackie Davis a 6-3 Combo guard is a WSU commit.

This post was edited on 4/26 11:35 AM by 7ICoug

Re: Commitment -

Great news. This kid is a developing talent ,whom i think was overlooked by many bigger schools.He is 6'3 and either listed as a PG or SG . He has talent and will be a very good D 1 player.His video is very good. He had an offer from Penn State and UC Irvine and WSU late.

He is thought to be a combo guard and has picked up his shooting this last year with some good work in the Gym. He was a team mate of Ben Perez who is headed to AF. Has a strong cross-over, expected to play off the ball. Needs work on his defense.

Mixtape

In the youtube video he is a 6'4 PG . He shows serious hops,good quickness and speed.Most of incoming frosh have problems with defense at the next level. But he has the physical ability and with desire and good coaching there is no reason he cannot play solid defense. He may be the steal of the season for the cougs. There are a couple of other HS players from Arizona whom i hope the cougs pick up

Originally posted by 7ICoug:
He is thought to be a combo guard and has picked up his shooting this last year with some good work in the Gym. He was a team mate of Ben Perez who is headed to AF. Has a strong cross-over, expected to play off the ball. Needs work on his defense.

your link didn't work for me, 71. I grabbed this off youtube. WOW!

works for me!

It's "7I" folks. That is seven eye...not seven one.

Details...details...so many have made this mistake over the years and it is driving me nuts! ;-)

Davis is a high school teammate of one of the better post players on the west coast for the class of 2015, not sure if we are intrested but if we are it probably can't hurt.

Heh heh, yep, but I am used to it
cool.r191677.gif

Solid get for the backcourt. Doesn't look like a PG but a guy that will hopefully compete with Iroegbu for minutes behind Lacy next season. It will be interesting to see what they do with the final spot or do they have 2 left now?

It looks like Kent has done a nice job especially for the spring.

good get for this late in the season. I hope he blows up into a top player for us. Right now he looks to be behind Lacy Que Ike and Isabell in the rotation.

Which is not an unusual position for an entering frosh.He has to learn to play defense and to rapidly get used to much better competition. The difference between HS and D1 basketball is night and day. D1 basketball is almost like football without pads to the kids playing it.The speed, quickness, and the strength of basketball players at that level is amazing.Unlike the previous regime which recruited essentailly raw projects whom other D1 programs did not want ,Kent is getting kids with the physical ability to succeed at this level

Lets hope there's a PG in the bunch. Best bet is Isabell at this point with the others secondary ball-handlers or backup PGs. With Lacy gone after next year there's plenty of minutes available at the 2 a year from now.

Isabell probably is the pg, but Ike looked more like a pg than a two guard to me. I think everyone gets too caught up in the idea of a pure pg. Neither Low or Rochestie were pure pgs. Rochestie performed admirably at the position, but his skill set was much more catch and shoot. He was not the penetrator that most elite pgs are. Two smart, experienced combo guards who can dribble, pass, and shoot trump one pure pg in my opnion, and gives a coach much more options in his offense.

Iroegbu has talent but is a bit of a tweener. His high school evaluation has ended up pretty accurate. Needs to play better under control, needs to improve "feel" for the game, and from what we saw last year he primarily looks score.

The combination of Weaver/Low/Korprivca and Rotchestie/Weaver/Low was good. As you say there wasn't a "pure" PG in the bunch. Individually and collectively we don't have this skillset on the roster. I can't remember the last "pure" PG at WSU. None of Rotchestie, Moore, Seltzer, Ellison, were really "pure point guards" in my book although I'm not sure how you define it.

PG has been a glaring weakness the last 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT