ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Griffin 6-6 260 athletic and nasty

perfect oline for WSU. Dillard came in at 245....lift, practice, listen to your coaches and become a high draft pick

I wouldn't be disappointed if he committed. Mom checks the boxes and would be a fine addition as well. Yes I said it.

Great frame. Its a short list of kids that can handle 300 pounds in high school. 265 is a good weight to start from.

Gilman and Escorsia and Anderson all look solid. Couple buddies that watched TNF said that Archie will be solid. Just needs some weight. They also said Djribil looked good too.

Biggs, what did you think of him lined up at DE? He has a defensive mentality.

He strikes and extends. He takes on and gets off blocks. He hits and kids go down. He didnt have nearly as much film on defense as offense.

Honestly, he plays a lot of football at WSU. He is a pro. As in, he keeps doing what he does and he will play in the NFL.

He has feet. He has hands. He hits. He runs. He is mean. He is on the verge of a personal foul every snap lol. He is a big time OL recruit. He has a motor on the OL. You see that about DL. How often do you see it with OL?

He is a must have player for WSU. He needs to gain some weight. Once he has it I have a hard time not seeing him get on the field.

He is a BiggsCoug 5 star player.

Reactions: earldacoug
He strikes and extends. He takes on and gets off blocks. He hits and kids go down. He didnt have nearly as much film on defense as offense.

Honestly, he plays a lot of football at WSU. He is a pro. As in, he keeps doing what he does and he will play in the NFL.

He has feet. He has hands. He hits. He runs. He is mean. He is on the verge of a personal foul every snap lol. He is a big time OL recruit. He has a motor on the OL. You see that about DL. How often do you see it with OL?

He is a must have player for WSU. He needs to gain some weight. Once he has it I have a hard time not seeing him get on the field.

He is a BiggsCoug 5 star player.
Just thinking he could be a 6-6 285-290 DE tomorrow if he has the right skills and speed. With some muscle....he could use some long arm moves you see him trying on defense.

Reactions: royhobbs2
Just thinking he could be a 6-6 285-290 DE tomorrow if he has the right skills and speed. With some muscle....he could use some long arm moves you see him trying on defense.

He is playing in a different scheme than WSU. Not to say he couldnt run thru gaps, just that he hasnt done it.

He showed what you wanna see from a DL on the few snaps he had of him playing defense on the film. He is a must have for WSU.

He looks like one of those kids who might be a D line guy or might be an O line guy, depending upon how he and his body develop...especially in his first year in weight training. I think we are guessing either way, but certainly looks like a winner either way.

He looks like one of those kids who might be a D line guy or might be an O line guy, depending upon how he and his body develop...especially in his first year in weight training. I think we are guessing either way, but certainly looks like a winner either way.
Guess it never hurts to start them out on defense if they think he has the chops and he really wants it. They can just switch him back to Oline.

Guess it never hurts to start them out on defense if they think he has the chops and he really wants it. They can just switch him back to Oline.

Depends on the kid and the schemes. Some kids can and some can't. Some schemes can and some can't.

Honestly, play him both ways if he isn't a starter. But find a role for him asap. Maybe seeing him on the field helps the decision process of where he will wind up.

Depends on the kid and the schemes. Some kids can and some can't. Some schemes can and some can't.

Honestly, play him both ways if he isn't a starter. But find a role for him asap. Maybe seeing him on the field helps the decision process of where he will wind up.

He's a Left Tackle, keep him on O lock him in the weight room and slide 10k calories under the door daily to keep his belly happy.

I like him on defense. At least when he lines up next to a 6'0 250 NT they will have some size on the D line

“In other words, the bands act as an external loading tool that forces you to produce more force in ranges of motion that otherwise wouldn’t require you to ‘push’ as hard as possible.”

the physics of that statement don’t make a whole lot of sense. The lifter isn’t producing any more force, the bands are adding it into the motion. I’d like to see some kinesiology studies to see whether these things are just ego boosters. Having spent a fair amount of time in a gym, I’ve seen a lot of gimmicky shit, and these things strike me as a gimmick. I’d rather see someone focus on technique and form rather than using contraptions to boost numbers.

all that said, the kid is clearly a beast in the gym; if those things add 10-15% as I’ve read, he’s still repping 345-350# as a high schooler.

“In other words, the bands act as an external loading tool that forces you to produce more force in ranges of motion that otherwise wouldn’t require you to ‘push’ as hard as possible.”

the physics of that statement don’t make a whole lot of sense. The lifter isn’t producing any more force, the bands are adding it into the motion. I’d like to see some kinesiology studies to see whether these things are just ego boosters. Having spent a fair amount of time in a gym, I’ve seen a lot of gimmicky shit, and these things strike me as a gimmick. I’d rather see someone focus on technique and form rather than using contraptions to boost numbers.

all that said, the kid is clearly a beast in the gym; if those things add 10-15% as I’ve read, he’s still repping 345-350# as a high schooler.
any lineman coming in with a 400 bench and 600 squat is way ahead of the game. Gotta love these kids who love progress in the weight room out of season. Could you imagine if all recruited linemen come in at/ or close to 44/600? We'd be like Alabama.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Yup but i d rather have a 340 pd Vea there instead of a 250 pd NT . That is part of the reason udub dominates the AC.

I always thought that the point of bands was that at the beginning they have minimal resistance and as they extend their force increases. Every band does that, so far as I know, and I've used a lot of them over the years in PT and at home in PT maintenance. I'm not a lifter, but it always appeared to me that the point was for them to increase the load as the lifter nears full extension?

ADVERTISEMENT